[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he eats eggs in 2017 lmao you can't make this shit up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14

File: File.jpg (171KB, 508x382px) Image search: [Google]
File.jpg
171KB, 508x382px
>he eats eggs in 2017
lmao you can't make this shit up
>>
get back to me when docs can actually agree on whether eggs are bad for you or not. I don't feel like playing journal article wars today.
>>
>>8476998
since theyre probably bad for you its best if you just eat things we know are good for you ie brocolli

eating eggs can not possibly have any benefit unless they were like your favorite food and you couldnt live without them

but otherwise they go in the unhealthy box by default
>>
>>8476994
eating cholesterol doesn't increase cholesterol in the blood
>>
>>8476994
People have been eating eggs for thousands of years and many have lived long enough lives and today we decide they are bad for you. I'd think what kills is the excess of food and not the types of food we eat.
>>
>>8477015
>Staple food throughout the world for all of human history
>ITS BAD FOR YOU
Don't eat 16 a fucking day and you'll be fine
>>
>>8477031
>>8477035
true story bros
too much is bad

but if you had to make the best choice
eggs vs brocolli it is best to choose brocolli and steer clear from foods that are kind of shady and not really clear whether its benefiting you or not

just cuz they eat them for thousands of years doesnt make it the ideal choice of food
>>
>>8477044
Why not both? Balance. Some meat, some veggie, maybe some grain and fruit. Shit I'll even drink some almond milk, but I see no reason to give up on eggs. They taste great and it's like I'm eating baby chicken souls.

And yea just because we did tings for thousands of years doesn't mean one thing or another, but we do know man can't just live off broccoli alone. Once again. Balance.
>>
>>8477074
get it from plant fat and plant protein

there certainly is a reason to give up eggs

balance of bad. just cuz u mix some bad things in with the good doesnt mean "balance" lol
>>
>>8477044
eggs > broccoli
You'd have to eat a mountain of broccoli to get the same vitamins and protein from an egg
>>
>>8477082
>You'd have to eat a mountain of broccoli

and ? i love mountains of brocolli

theres nothing wrong with it taking more than 2 minutes to eat your food
>>
>>8477087
Well good for you, I don't want to eat a mountain of broccoli and then have no room left over for the rest of my breakfast, let alone the huge calorie jump, and neither does 99.999% of the population

eggs > broccoli
>>
>>8477095
>eggs > broccoli

maybe for body builders in the short term

long term its not as healthy
>>
>>8477102
Genetics will have killed you long before eggs will
>>
>>8477106
if you choose to believe its your genetics that kills you and not your lifestyle

if you have one of the diseases in the OP pic caused by you eating too many eggs and too much meat and animal products then that will be the cause of your death
>>
>>8477081
You're clearly a vegan fag. We Were having a logical conversation, but then you showed your hand.

And for the record, I do enjoy vegan cuisine, but variety is the spice of life and there's no evidence that a balanced diet is unhealthy for you. You can take any food item, vegan or normal and eat it to excess with an unhealthy outcome. Pointing to this and saying how unhealthy it is is just folly and a terribly crafted argument to promote the philosophy of your way of life. Now fuck off you weak willed vegetable zealot. Run upstairs and out of your parents' basement and tell your mom. A man just talked to you.

/thread
>>
>>8477141
i ate an omelette this morning it probably had 5 eggs in it

im being honest i dont think this food is doing anything beneficial to my body and i should eat as few of them as i can live with

even egg whites, no point in even bothering, plus i dont love eggs
>>
>>8477106
>Genetics will have killed you long before eggs will
muh genetics ignorant tard detected
>>
>>8477035
So you're saying consuming 72g of fat and 96g of protein in a single day is bad for you? Because that's what 16 eggs are, and that's basically nothing.
>>
>>8477181
The amount of cholesterol at that point is what makes it unhealthy.
Sort of how like milk is very good for you but drinking a gallon a day will make you fat as hell
>>
>>8477206
Explain to me exactly how the cholesterol makes it unhealthy.
>>
>>8477031
Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.
>>
File: popsci-tmao.jpg (121KB, 1000x649px) Image search: [Google]
popsci-tmao.jpg
121KB, 1000x649px
>>8477026
Yeah it does, but your liver usually tends to get it rid of it over a 6-7 hour period so as long as you don't have any animal products in every meal, every day you'll be fine. And if they design studies that have you eat eggs and only sample your blood the next day to test it won't show up either.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/debunking-egg-industry-myths/
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26109578

The current belief however is that it is not just or even mostly the added cholesterol that causes CVD, but a chemical called Trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethylamine_N-oxide
which independently of cholesterol or other factors predicts CVD (thought to do so by increasing inflammation generally and by causing the body to retain surplus cholesterol and helping it bind to arterial walls to form plaques). It's the oxidized form of regular TMA which is a byproduct of our gut bacteria when they feed on 2 substances: Carnitine (mostly found in red meat) and Choline (mostly found in eggs).

If you give people antibiotics to genocide their gut bacteria and then feed them steak & eggs no TMAO is produced. Also vegetarians and vegans' diet appear to self-select for gut flora that don't make TMAO either since if they are given the same foods, their blood-TMAO levels don't spike afterward.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carnitine-choline-cancer-and-cholesterol-the-tmao-connection/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5127123/figure/toxins-08-00326-f001/

Similar to cholesterol though, your kidneys attempt to throw off the compounds quickly so if you don't do a dose-blood test in the next 4 hours it won't show up.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-industry-response-to-choline-and-tmao/
>>
>>8477224
No. Google "lots of cholesterol" if you want to learn basic facts.
>>
>>8477255
I contend that you literally have no idea what you're talking about, and are basing your entire argument here on hearsay about cholesterol.
>>
Each day this last weekend I ate 6 deviled eggs. Can't get enough of them.
>>
File: 1483971108093.png (13KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1483971108093.png
13KB, 429x410px
>>8477268
I contend that you're a faggot
Enjoy your delicious eggs
>>
>>8477268
I contend that you're a faggot as well.
>>
Why do vegans have this overpowering need to look like idiots? It's gotten almost as bad as gay pride parades, just with stupidity instead of faggotry.
>>
>>8477412

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling
>>
fuck I ate an egg today
what do I do?
will I die? ;_;
>>
>>8477441
Eventually
>>
>>8476994
so i should stop adding eggs to my big macs?
>>
Doesn't kill me fast enough apparently.
>>
Veliciraptors ate like a million eggs and were badass.

Checkmate Op
>>
>>8477441
go to the hospital right now, if you can get there drink some bleach to nullify the egg
>>
>>8477632
Don't do this it creates mayonnaise gas
>>
Everybody has to have a poison in life. I don't do any drugs or drink much alcohol at all. I have to draw the line somewhere, and that line is on bearnaise sauce, which is made from egg yolks, white wine vinegar, and butter. I will never, EVER give up putting this sauce on my food, no matter how many studies you can throw at me about how unhealthy the ingredients are.
>>
Holy fuck americans actually eat eggs?????
>>
>>8477015
Dude I love Brocoli, but it takes like 10 stalks to even approach a decent meal's worth of Broccoli.

Humans can't just eat Plants all day like fucking Panda Bears. We need Calories Dense shit. Breakfast would take forever without 120 Cal a piece eggs.
>>
>>8478050
You could just not be cripplingly obese and eat sane amounts of food.
>>
>>8476994
I bet you have to eat a disgusting amount of eggs to get those statistics.

That's why I hate those fucking food coloring wackos too
>>
>>8478063
What the fuck are you talking about? Can you read I'm saying we need shit like eggs because they're quick to eat and filled with energy.

You know what Doctors who tell you eggs are bad want you to eat? A fucking entirely Plant Based Diet. Oh and did you think Olive Oil was good for you guess again motherfucker.

https://youtu.be/OGGQxJLuVjg

And look I won't second guess them, eating plants is undoubtedly better for you. But with 1 Medium Carrot being 25 Calories you're going to be eating a shitload of veggies if you ever hope to get the minimal 2000 Calories a day.

So I will keep eating my eggs and I'll have some Ham on the side, because I don't want to spend 2 hours knawing away at a plate of vegetables.
>>
>>8477015
>brocolli

goitrogens
formaldehyde
thiocyanates

That broccoli is gonna kill you anon.
>>
>>8476994
YOud have to eat so many eggs on the regular for anything of this to be true.
An egg for breakfast never hurt anybody and is quite healthy.
Shut the fuck up, next thing youll tell me eating vegan is healthy and natural (It only is if youre some rastafari in the jamaican mountains living off some of the best producei n the world and about 2kg of nuts a week)
>>
>>8476994
>xe eats eggs in 2017
Respect my pronouns shitlord it's 2017
>>
>>8476994
I wonder who could be behind this post?

>The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a non-profit research and advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C., which promotes a vegan plant-based diet, preventive medicine, alternatives to animal research, and encourages what it describes as "higher standards of ethics and effectiveness in research."[1] Its primary activities include outreach and education about nutrition and compassionate choices to healthcare professionals and the public; ending the use of animals in medical school curricula; and advocating for legislative changes on the local and national levels.

>The National Council Against Health Fraud has criticized PCRM as being "a propaganda machine" and the American Medical Association has called PCRM a "pseudo-physicians group" promoting possibly dangerous nutritional advice.[2][3]
>>
>>8478078
>shitlord

That's shitlady to you, fucktard.
>>
>>8478073
>minimal 2000 Calories a day.

Holy fuck what the fuck is wrong with you americans??????????
>>
>>8476994
>cholesterol

vegetarian/vegan propaganda

go to bed, guy from CSPI
>>
>>8476994
how does idiots like you survive?
>>
>>8476994
HANG THE VEGAN

It's a pity we don't live in Roman times where you kind could be thrown into an arena to be raped and mauled by the wild animals you so care about.
>>
>>8476994
Dietary cholesterol doesn't impact your blood cholesterol, funnily enough.
>>
Yeah, I'm going to say eating a reasonable number per week will always be very good for you.

It might be only slightly related, but vegans should be banned from /ck/.
>>
>>8477044
>eggs vs brocolli
Why is it a choice, who thinks: I could for some eggs now, but man dat brocolli thou
>>
>when you want to shill for veganism but are using technology made with bone glue
Man, that must suck
>>
health/medical based conspiracy theories are literally the most irresponsible bullshit i swear to god.
>>
>>8478081
requesting picture of le happy merchant as a stalk of broccoli for these kinds of posts
>>
File: 1483075123979.png (107KB, 274x411px) Image search: [Google]
1483075123979.png
107KB, 274x411px
eggs contain fat?
>>
>>8477441

you will die

so will the vegan eating soy wafers or whatever
>>
>>8478090
BIGGER IS BETTER YOU BONGS

FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU OVERLY OBSESSED SISSIES
>>
>>8479575
o b e s e d
>>
>>8476994
>vegan shitposting
>>
>>8476994
Fuck off, vegan faggot.
>>
This must be a thread by the same Anon who think steak is gross.
>>
pcrm are vegan fags
>>
>>8476994
>Do you know
I stopped reading right there and knew it was bullshit from there on. Fuck off, OP.
>>
File: 1458763162804.jpg (35KB, 484x510px) Image search: [Google]
1458763162804.jpg
35KB, 484x510px
>tfw 4 scrambled eggs a day at breakfast for the past year
>>
If you do 20 minutes of exercise a day the cholesterol is literally nothing. It's funny /ck/ tries to eat healthy without working out. You got to do both lazy niggers.
>>
>>8480978
you ever put catsup on your eggs?
>>
>>8481091

Usually just salt.
>>
>>8477154
>guys I totally play football but honestly we should all stop playing
Kys faggot liar
>>
>>8477035
>>
>>8476994
>eggs will kill you
>eggs are fine
>eggs will kill you now

I don't believe in science anymore.
>>
>>8481156
kill yourself
>>
>>8481157
No u.
>>
Fatties literally cant admit something theyre doing could possibly be unhealthy

Shocking
>>
>>8481156
The science has been pretty consistent that dietary cholesterol is bad for many a year. Only with the exception of soccer mom bro-junk science bloggers and actual egg industry shills
>>
>>8477413
>virtue signalling
Normalfag detected, please return to reddit. You should also note that "virtue signalling" is last month's buzzword, this month's is "gaslighting".
>>
>>8477015
>broccoli
>safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMZHja6dmgc
>>
>>8477250
>Trimethylamine_N-oxide
Wow thanks for this Anon, I've been trying to keep an eye on CVD research and this seems to be the smoking gun that ties together what I've been reading.

Do you have anything else on CVD?
>>
Cholesterol doesn't matter when the rest of your diet is good desu fampai
>>
>>8478090
2000 calories is less than my fucking TDEE by a fair amount
>>
>>8481220

Dietary cholesterol DOES NOT EFFECT BLOOD LEVEL CHOLESTEROL.

EATING EGGS WILL NOT KILL YOU ANY QUICKER THAN EATING OATS, FRUITS OR VEGETABLES. FUCK OFF.
>>
>>8478090

manlet or woman, which is it?
>>
>>8476994
>cholesterol
i read no further
>>
>>8481465
>Dietary cholesterol DOES NOT EFFECT BLOOD LEVEL CHOLESTEROL.
https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-1/a-closer-look-inside-healthy-eating-patterns/
>As recommended by the IOM,[24] individuals should eat as little dietary cholesterol as possible while consuming a healthy eating pattern.
>[24] Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein, and Amino Acids. Washington (DC): The National Academies Press; 2002.

>https://www.nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/11
>There is much evidence to indicate a positive linear trend between cholesterol intake and low density lipoprotein cholesterol concentration, and therefore increased risk of coronary heart disease (CHD)

>Numerous studies in humans have examined the effects of dietary cholesterol on plasma total and lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations
>other studies, including a metaanalysis of 27 controlled metabolic feeding studies of added dietary cholesterol (Hopkins, 1992), have indicated a curvilinear univariate relationship that is quasilinear in the range from 0 to 300 to 400 mg/d of added dietary cholesterol.
>The meta-analysis also identified a diminishing increment of serum cholesterol with increasing baseline dietary cholesterol intake.
>Another meta-analysis showed that dietary cholesterol raises the ratio of total cholesterol to high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, therefore adversely affecting the cholesterol profile (Weggemans et al., 2001).

>It is thus recommended that saturated fatty acid, trans fatty acid, and cholesterol consumption be as low as possible while consuming a nutritionally adequate diet.

>EATING EGGS WILL NOT KILL YOU ANY QUICKER THAN EATING OATS, FRUITS OR VEGETABLES. FUCK OFF.
http://www.onlinejacc.org/content/66/14/1590#sec-23
>relative to other protein-rich foods that lower LDL cholesterol, such as whole grains and nuts, eggs would likely increase CVD risk.
>>
>>8481491
hmm yes definitely going to be reading this post
>>
>>8476994
vegan propaganda literally use scare tactics similar to religious cults to get people on their side
>>
Vegans are sociopaths and cucks
>>
>>8476994
Reminder that doctors are not nutritionists.
>>
>2017
>he isnt a veganoid-cuckette
Ugh!! Just like... >>>/po/
>>
>>8477081
Surviving on plants alone is only possible with today's science. I would rather eat like my ancestors than eat like a house dog with specially made kibble to keep me alive.
>>
Omg I knew it Russian hackers are getting into America's eggs!
>>
How the fuck do eggs give you diabetes... I eat 22 eggs a day and have been for 2 years my LDL is lower then it has ever been and my HDL is perfect i have no build up and my colon is clean. Humans were ment to consume fat and protein
>>
>>8481869
Same. Been eating keto/low carb for over a year. I eat about 18 eggs a week. Dietary cholesterol is fine. Afaik, the only consistent correlation for most people between arterial scarring and plaque, heart disease, and high blood cholesterol is being fat and having excess abdominal fat. The dietary culprits for most people are sugar and alcohol. For me, it was clearly sugar. That is the only thing I stopped eating entirely. I am no longer overweight.
>>
>>8478073
Dude you're making getting your tdee seem harder than it is by only choosing vegetable as a yardstick for plant based food. Grains, legumes, fruits and even some fats are plant based and calorie dense compared to vegetables.

I understand you don't want to give up animal products (I don't plan on giving up dairy or the occasional egg either) but making the efficiency argument is weak.
>>
Ever notice that everyone who breaths oxygen every day ends up dying?
>>
>>8476994
There are multiple forms of Cholesterol, try agian.
>>
>>8482527
:(
>>
File: 1462222749328.gif (995KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462222749328.gif
995KB, 500x720px
EVERYTHING WILL KILL YOU EVENTUALLY
INB4 VEGANS REEEEING
YOU WILL DIE TOO

just don't be a tard and use in moderation

fuck
>>
>He only eats the whites of the egg
>>
File: Tony the Tiger's Wasabi Paste.jpg (146KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tony the Tiger's Wasabi Paste.jpg
146KB, 800x800px
>>8482660
>he doesn't start his day with 4 hard boiled egg whites sprinkled with pic related
>>
File: 3f3.jpg (39KB, 452x659px) Image search: [Google]
3f3.jpg
39KB, 452x659px
>>8476994

Get fucked you vegan faggotron.
>>
>>8476994
>this animal product is unhealthy
>yo forreal tho eat this burger and fries, ima not tell you whats in it but chill, you'll be aight
>>
File: Egg_Guy.png (373KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
Egg_Guy.png
373KB, 800x593px
>>8476994
YEA YOU BETTER RUN EGG
>>
can someone redpill me on pic related? received a bottle as a gift
>>
File: egg-benefits.jpg (40KB, 510x635px) Image search: [Google]
egg-benefits.jpg
40KB, 510x635px
>>8476994

#FakeNews
>>
>>8477026
those egg council goons got to you to, huh?
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.