[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rice Flour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: B00VUK5MZW.jpg (299KB, 1075x1500px) Image search: [Google]
B00VUK5MZW.jpg
299KB, 1075x1500px
Is /ck/ familiar with working with rice flour like pic related?
I picked up this brand on impulse, but I'm a little confused on where to use it since I can't read Korean and the English text doesn't say whether or not the rice is short/med/long grain, or glutinous/non-glutinous.
>>
>>8475448
>rice glutinous/non-glutinous
Depends on how much you eat

>short/med/long grain
Measure out one cup and weigh it. it weighs more than .1 kilo it's long grain if less then short grain. If it's exactly .1 kilo it's med.
>>
>>8475448
Gonna guess it's glutinous rice flour since the bottom part says that it's meant to be used to make "tasty rice cakes easily" and rice cakes are made with glutinous rice flour rather than other sorts.

>>8475595
You're an idiot.
>>
File: 51ISm22GVnL.jpg (34KB, 327x500px) Image search: [Google]
51ISm22GVnL.jpg
34KB, 327x500px
>>8475609
They have this one available too though, which is what threw me off
>>
>>8476055
Hrm...
That bag literally says "glutinous rice flour" in large, friendly letters (찹쌀가루). The writing above the large type is the same on both bags, saying only that it's "finely powdered."

I can't make out what's written on the bottom right, though.

Unless tteok (which is the rice cake the OP flour is meant to be used to make) is made from something other than glutinous rice flour (which it isn't), this is a bit confusing.
Can you find a better pic so I can translate the bottom bit? I'm curious now.
>>
>>8476079
I'll try to find one. Thank you for your help.
>>
File: Sweetriceflour.png (604KB, 908x578px) Image search: [Google]
Sweetriceflour.png
604KB, 908x578px
>>8476079
>>
>>8476138
LOL
It says the exact same thing as the other bag!
>make tasty rice cakes easily
Maybe the ingredients list would help? I'm at a loss here. Sorry my Hangeul-fu isn't helping!
>>
I've only ever used it to make dango. I've never bothered to look for other applications.
>>
Those two bags contain the same types of flours except different weihts. The different texts in English alphabet and Japanese kana are misleading, but it is the same type of flours... Also, glutinous rice flour is same as sweet rice flour if you see these words on different brands of rice flours from different countries including Korea, Japan, Thailand, etc.
>>
>>8476222
>japanese
>kana
There's no Japanese nor is there any kana anywhere on those bags, you dirty fucking filthy retarded weeb.
>>
>>8476226
Interesting because largest texts in blacks appears between English letters in blacks and Korean letters in yellows. You are angry because I can see better with smaller eyes??
>>
>>8476250
Not only does that make no sense, but it doesn't show that there's any Japanese or kana anywhere. Because there isn't. Fuck outta here, you wannabe ilbonnom.
>>
>>8476164
This one says Sweet Rice, while the other one just says Rice.
>>8476222
I know that sweet rice=glutinous rice, but the bag that I have just says rice and it's the same brand. The problem is that with looking around for recipes it was explained that some korean rice can be glutinous but of a different length in grain and it's not specified what the grain length or anything else between the two bags. So it's leaving what I'm working with as a mystery
>>
>>8475448
>>8476055
They're both sticky rices. 찹쌀 is more stickier than the other however.
>While often called "sticky rice", it differs from non-glutinous strains of japonica rice which also become sticky to some degree when cooked.
>>
>>8476138
>>8476164
That picture's from the wrong one, it says sweet rice flour.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.