[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spaghetti by weight or by volume?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to buy spaghetti, would you get more spaghetti if you purchased it by weight or by volume? I've talked about it to some people, and we can't really come to an agreement. (The difference between dry and wet spaghetti hasn't really been fully thought through, as adding water adds both weight and volume to the spaghetti noodles.)
>>
>>8469912
what do you mean "more?" you'd get the same amount you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>8469931
Like, let's set a baseline of kilos of spaghetti vs liters of spaghetti. I'm really not sure that they would be the same amount of spaghetti.
>>
>>8469944
Uh spaghetti isn't measured in litres? Where do you live?
>>
>>8469946
I mean, I wouldn't think anywhere measures spaghetti in liters. Like I said, this is all hypothetical.
>>
File: IMG20170103WA0071.jpg (23KB, 574x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170103WA0071.jpg
23KB, 574x382px
>>8469912
This is genuinely one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

Congrats
>>
>>8469912

Calculate it by mass.

Or use the Pythagorean Theorem,
>>
i just woke up
WHAT the fuck
>>
>>8469944
well SET THE FUCKING BASELINE AND FIND OUT
?????
>>
It's easy OP! If it sinks in water go for the weight!

anyway the thread could have more sense if it was about ice-cream. Ice cream is the queen of volume vs weight jewery. Volume? masterful air pockets. Weight? shaved ice
>>
File: XHBa71Th.jpg (83KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
XHBa71Th.jpg
83KB, 702x1024px
>>8469912
>>
weight = mass * gravity
volume = mass / density

weight / gravity = volume * density
assuming the noodles you have are uniformly dense, there is a direct correspondence between weight and volume, so it doesn't matter theoretically, though this means that spaghtti would cost less on the moon

just plug the prices into that
>>
>>8469912
I usually make a cup of dry linguini
>>
>>8469912
Just get it in the box retard
>>
>>8469944
How high are you?
>>
surely no matter what you got in the end it would all weigh the same?

you can have 10 tall spaghettis that weigh the same as 50 small spaghettis but by the end of it you have the same amount of spaghetti
>>
>>8469912
mass, motherfucker
learn to do science better
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.