[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the best olive oil to get in the US that is reasonably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 9-thuc-pham-danh-cho-da-kho-3.jpg (44KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
9-thuc-pham-danh-cho-da-kho-3.jpg
44KB, 660x330px
Whats the best olive oil to get in the US that is reasonably priced? There was something about 60% of imported oil was fake quality a few years back, should I be buying californian?
>>
Never by anything from or in California.
>>
>>8467373
agreed. if youre in california, leave the state to buy your groceries.
>>
File: 1482903227072.jpg (14KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1482903227072.jpg
14KB, 400x395px
>>8467397
>>8467373
>Midwesterners being obsessed with California.

Every time.
>>
>>8467397
Or better yet, leave California entirely.
>>
E V O L and California Rancher are hands down the best EVOO you can get at the supermarket under $12 and better than most premium imports.
>>
>>8467413
sorry, California Ranch, not Rancher
>>
>>8467413
Not op

What's evol?

Is that the brand name or an acronym?

Thank you <3
>>
>>8467371
Yes. High quality and legit. I buy it at Whole Foods, but that's because I live in the Mississippi where regular groceries don't stock processed foods labeled "California" because the white trash customers sperge out and start knocking them to the floor from their motorized scooters.
>>
>>8467401
>>
really doesn't matter. if it tastes like olive oil, then go with whatever is cheapest. Even it it's fake. Oil is oil.
>>
I use Goya extra virgin and love it. It's one of the only extra virgin oils I've tried. I'm sure plenty of others blow it out of the water but I like it and it's pretty cheap.
>>
>>8467413
EVOL is a brand.
>>
>>8467678

it's the brand name. both producers are outstanding because they use modern, mechanized harvesting and process the olives usually no more than an hour or two after picking, which nets a very low acid, very fresh tasting oil.

the reason premium oils are so expensive is that get the same quality when picking by hand, you can only do very small batches.

the reason counterfeiting was so big is that you can mix a quantity of good oil in with lower quality and drastically improve its "nose" and fool the suckers that shop at Whole Foods pretty easily. The modern South American and Californa producers are kicking ass right now thanks to ditching the medieval styles of production
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.