[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

smokin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1484409865585.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1484409865585.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
So I got this bitty for christmas, first chance to use it, threw a 10lb butt and a rack of baby backs in it, any tips? It's my first time smoking and I'm having a hard time controlling temperaturw, also doesn't help I grill on gas, so my charcoal experience is minimal.

Any help is appreciated
>>
>>8466539
>and I'm having a hard time controlling temperature

Yeah, that's pretty typical for a small smoker, especially one that's made out of thin sheet metal like that one appears to be.

Best advice that I can give is make sure your coals are fully ready before you start the actual smoking process.

Open/close the doors as little as possible and be aware that even small changes to the vent settings can have a big impact on the temperature inside. Make small changes until you learn how your smoker behaves.
>>
How do I go about reloading the coals and shit? I have a chimney if that helps..

Also, I put the wood chips in a tin foil pouch basically, instead of soaking etc.

I feel like I might waste like $20 in meat and my whole day if I fuck this up lol.
>>
>>8466561
Judging from the smoker and what you've said, if you're going to add more coals, put it in a chimney, wait until it's really hot, open the door, throw it in. I also would have soaked the chips for a half hour and not wrapped them in file.

I smoke with charcoal and wood using my Webber kettle grill.
>>
>>8466815
I've tried both now, not sure which is preferable lol. Seem to have gotten the temperature control under control... Now I just hope it turns out good, lol.

Any protips? Pics of progress coming soon!
>>
>>8466963
Look up the specific grill with recipes and you'll find people with specifics tailored to that model. First time I tried to smoke something I seriously fucked up a brisket. It happens. Just learn from your mistakes. Once you really get it down all the divorcees in the neighborhood will want that big fat cock.
>>
File: 20170114_134353.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_134353.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Cut a rib off... pretty good rub and smoke flavor, tenderness isn't there yet. Just found out about the foiling method
>>
>>8467128
Looks bretty good. Next get some brisket and become a real man.
>>
>>8467128
They look like they're coming along nicely. You'll know when the ribs are done because 1/2 or so of bone will be exposed from the end of each rib.

I smoke a lot of meat, but sorry I can't give you much help on temp regulation because I use an electric with a digital thermostat.
>>
>>8467128
You might want to checkout some of Steven Raichlen's online videos from Project Smoke and recipes from Barbecue Bible. He's a bit of an equipmet shill and kind of smarmy, but I think his advice is pretty good.
>>
>>8467174
I didnt want to fuck up a $30 brisket on my first smoke, lol.

>>8467198
That's the type I asked for for xmas, but I got this so w/e. Might sell it on CL after a few uses and upgrade.
>>
File: 20170114_151207.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_151207.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Ribs were good
>>
>>8467369
Look good. Nice smoke ring. What was the total time and average temp?
>>
>>8467700
Around 5 hours, probably could have gone another hour, but I felt like I already blew it by not foiling the first bit, turned out pretty good though to be honest, and I was hungry, lol.

Didnt remove the silverskin, don't regret it. 7/10 desu.

Rub consisted of smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic, red pepper, salt, sugar, black pepper, cumin, chili powder, prolly some other shit I cant remember right now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.