[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meat temperatures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1231241231.jpg (79KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1231241231.jpg
79KB, 500x375px
What are the non-meme ideals for meat inside temperature?

Cooking some kassler(pork butt) and want a real answer.

If someone has a nice picture including all id be thankful for some time.
>>
>>8466204

"Once the meat reaches 150 degrees F, heat the oven to 300 degrees F. Wrap the pork in aluminum foil and transfer to a half sheet pan. Place on the center rack and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of at least 200 degrees F and is tender and pulling apart easily, 3 to 5 hours."
from Alton Brown
>>
>>8466213
Not making pulled pork but thanks.
>>
>>8466216
Then I'd do about 135 to 140 degrees F in the center, slice and serve it after a good rest.
>>
Sorry not pork butt, I meant sirloin.

>>8466228
thank you.
>>
>>8466204

We pull our small pieces of ham out of the oven at 65C, so 149F.
>>
>>8466204
you need about 65 C for pork
medium rare beef is 57.5 C
chicken 62 C
any sort of fish, high 40s, low 50, depending on fat content
yes, this basically means you're eating fish raw
no it's not a problem if it was frozen when you started
>>
>>8466204

The primary concern with pork is trichnosis and the USDA has this to say:

>Trichinella spiralis is killed in 47 minutes at 52 C (125.6 F), in 6 minutes at 55 C (131 F), and in < 1 minute at
60 C (140 F).

It's important to note, though, that those temperatures must be uniform throughout the meat. That's why they error on the side of caution and recommend 160F. That's fine for a slow cooked pork shoulder, but will result in a dry sawdust for a sirloin. I think you would be perfectly safe at 140F-145F. Just use your probe to verify it's reached that temp throughout.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.