[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell are these things called? They come with shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170113_225744.jpg (2MB, 4008x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170113_225744.jpg
2MB, 4008x5344px
What the hell are these things called? They come with shitty Chinese take out, I think when you get soup.

I always called them "crushers" because I'm autistic.
>>
Wontons. Rolled up and fried.
>>
>>8465210
Really? I though wontons were the dumplings like things in the soup
>>
>>8465205
>>8465210
Dried,fried noodles you fucking apes.
>>
File: wonton-strips-10.jpg (300KB, 575x900px) Image search: [Google]
wonton-strips-10.jpg
300KB, 575x900px
>>8465216
Short for wonton wrappers. And the other guy is probably right, I only took a quick glance at the pic.
>>
File: chow mein noodles.jpg (57KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
chow mein noodles.jpg
57KB, 419x500px
The old dry kind are called "chow mein noodles" such as my pic. They are wheat based flour.
You can make them yourself by slicing up some premade won ton wrappers, wider noodles, and of course they selled bagged versions of the crunchy won ton style chow mein noodles too.
Third, there packets you can buy of the fried rice noodles they sell, which are thinner, crispier and really nothing like actual fried rice noodles, that frizzled clear you see sometimes on top of a nice asian salad, but they sell them nonetheless, and they are my preferred to purchase.
>>
Holy fuck you stupid mouth breathing barely coagulated piles of gelatinous human waste, they aren't fucking won tons. Do you even know what a wonton is? They're goddamn dried noodles that Jimmy Chiang chucks in the deep frier that are supposed to go on top of your greasy, shitty chow mein.
>>
>>8466419
Why so aggressive?
>>
File: 1481523257600.jpg (47KB, 517x449px) Image search: [Google]
1481523257600.jpg
47KB, 517x449px
>>8466419
>>
File: file.png (53KB, 231x200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
53KB, 231x200px
>>8465225
>>8466419

I hope you two don't have kids.
>>
>>8465205
Like a lot of Americanized Chinese food, a lot of names mean different items in different regions of the US.
OP's pic is strips of wonton wrapper deep fried, and usually come with soup for crunch. They also sometimes come with chow mein, when chow mein means a dish that's a mix of meats and veggies in a white corn-starchy sauce, again to add crunch.
In some places chow mein means a dish of noodles pan-fried with a brown sauce and meats and veggies, but even the type of noodle varies region to region. Sometimes it's the crunchy, hard noodles like in >>8465264 , and this is sometimes also called Hong Kong style chow mein.
Sometimes the dish "chow mein" can instead be thick wheat noodles (sometimes called lo mein elsewhere) or rice noodles (sometimes called glass noodles or Singapore style noodles).

tl;dr it means lots of things and you can roughly associate certain things being meant by chow mein by region, but really no guarantee. I know in NYC it's a crap shoot and nobody really knows until they order.
>>
>>8465205
deep fried noodles
>>8465247
deep fried wonton wrappers

the white ones are rice-based
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.