[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you hate the environment and eat food by your local, greedy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: slide_26.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_26.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
Do you hate the environment and eat food by your local, greedy and lazy (uses tractors to plow instead of doing it by hand unlike Africans) farmer?
>>
>>8461136
All I give a shit about is taste and freshness. The environment can burn for all I care. I don't have that many more years left in me.
>>
>>8461136
What sorcery do the Kiwis use that reduces their agricultural carbon footprint?
>>
>>8461149
UK's growing season is probably terrible due to long cold winters.

They probably need to spend considerable amounts of energy heating and maintaining greenhouses to extend the grow season.
>>
it's well known that "local" has lost all meaning in this age.
>>
>>8461136
An example of this would be the Amish. The government had to step in literally make them clean up their mess.
>>
I thought most people supported local farmers and shit because 1) it can taste fresher and 2) it supports the local economy instead of some corporation based halfway across the country

Who the fuck thinks food being grown closer is automatically better for the environment
>>
>>8461290
So you understand comparative advantage?
>>
>>8461136
>Transportation is only one component of the total environmental impact of food production

No fucking shit?! Did they do a follow up study to prove that water isn't the only liquid that could be considered wet, and the sky may not be blue at all times of the day?
>>
>>8461234
>UK's growing season is probably terrible due to long cold winters.

Winters in the UK are not particularly cold and not particularly long. They're not even particularly wet.
>>
Locavorism is retarded from an environmental ethics standpoint. Most of the waste in food production comes from inefficient methods of farming and large amounts of food deemed unfit for human consumption because of minor defects being discarded, not transportation.
>>
File: 1421803636244.gif (1MB, 451x274px) Image search: [Google]
1421803636244.gif
1MB, 451x274px
Why should I give a fuck?
>>
There are far more personal vehicles out there than combines and other tractors doing farm work. It's a useless study. If you add up even the people walking and smoking it probably is more of an environmental risk than farm machinery exhaust.
>>
File: 479279a-i3.0.jpg (44KB, 300x353px) Image search: [Google]
479279a-i3.0.jpg
44KB, 300x353px
>>8463615
Irrelevant and wrong.
>>
>>8464987
And liberals want to make farming more inefficient by banning GMOs so we will have even more deforestation. I wish we could Holocaust all fucking hippies.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.