[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

chicken thighs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: chicken.jpg (4KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
4KB, 268x188px
Got a package of chicken thighs, what should I do with them?
>>
>>8460748
Is this a trick question?
>>
>>8460754
Nah man, too many choices and I can't pick one because one doesn't come to mind.
>>
put in curry or something like that
>>
>>8460748
Put them in your anoose
>>
>>8460748
The godtier chicken cacciatore.
>>
You can season those bad boys just about anyway you want. What are you into. Garlic, paprika, garam masala, curry or ginger.
Look in your cupboard, take a hard decision and roast those baddies.
I decide for you. Lemon and ginger, salt and pepper. Some thyme.
>>
>>8460789
This sounds pretty bomb desu. But what temp should I roast them at?
>>
>>8460786
Delicious, but too much work.
>>
>>8460793
375 for 30 mins. Broil for 5 mins to crisp that skin.
>>
>>8460748
show them off to your neighbors and ask them "I got thighs guys what are your replys guys???"
>>
get sum butter chicken sauce
>>
>>8460793
Make a marinade with said ingredients and oil, let it talk for a an hour or two. In oven at 200 c for 35 mins.
>>
make some adobo

holy shit adobo is good

over some fresh white rice

yum dude
>>
>>8460748
coq au vin

dry season them with spicy sazon and oven roast

fried chicken
>>
>>8460849

This is what I do. Shred em and make tacos adn quesodillas for days
>>
>>8460849
This
>>
File: shicken.jpg (326KB, 1080x816px) Image search: [Google]
shicken.jpg
326KB, 1080x816px
fried chicken.
>>
File: 1405561258021.jpg (57KB, 597x590px) Image search: [Google]
1405561258021.jpg
57KB, 597x590px
>>8460748
>tfw can never get skin on thighs where i live
>>
>>8460748

Rub them with olive oil then you can insert them into your anus

Or make a creamy chicken tarragon
>>
>>8460897
or make a creamy chicken tarragon and insert it into your anus
>>
>>8460748
Pat the skin dry, rub with olive oil, season to taste, and bake in the oven at 375* until done.
>>
>>8460891
Do you live in Nazi Germany? I've never seen a store that only had skinless, and I've lived on both coasts of the US and many different places in the South...
>>
I put a BBQ recipe in the cheap food thread that works great with chicken thighs.
>>
File: 22811_XXX_v1.jpg (192KB, 2000x2000px)
22811_XXX_v1.jpg
192KB, 2000x2000px
>>8460748
Get one of these bad boys and follow the directions with a bit of sliced white onion and pineapple chunks
Serve it on some white rice with green onions and it makes one of the easiest and tastiest meals you can make with chicken thighs
>>
>>8460748
Make any chicken dish that isn't a whole roasted bird, tendies, or chicken Kiev

Pretty much every other chicken dish is made better by using dark meat over white meat
>>
>>8462125

>huli-huli sauce
>>
SE have a really good recipe for braised thighs with bacon and cabbage, it's worth a go.
>>
>>8460849
u flipfag?
>>
>>8460748
Teriyaki
>>
>>8460748
insert
>>
>>8460849
>make some adobo
where the fuck is the fatty pork?
>>
>>8460748
Get a covered glass dish
Put thighs skin-side down in the dish
Pour flavorful marinade (not too acidic/salty, think more like stock with a little lemon juice) over the chicken to cover it half way
Shake around so all of the chicken is wet with the marinade
Cover and bake at 350 until about halfway done
Remove, flip chicken, pat the skin dry with a paper towel, and put back in the oven until it's just a hair underdone
Remove cover and broil until skin is crispy
Dump juices into roux to make a sauce for the chicken
>>
>>8463214

What's the point of doing this in the oven? It would be much faster and use less energy to marinade the chicken first, then cook it in a pan. Sear first on both sides, lower heat to cook through.
>>
>>8463242

It's faster overall. When I was really short on time in university, since I also worked full-time and had quite a commute, I had no time for prep as I got home at 6 and had to be in bed by about 8 (work started at 5). So I worked out that this took, in total, roughly an hour, during which time I could get side-dishes done and sit down to dinner with enough time left over to get 8 hours of sleep.

Marinading it first takes time, however if you cook the chicken IN marinade then the flavor will easily penetrate and provides a larger margin of error to prevent overcooking, as well as keep it juicy. It also makes a flavorful liquid that is nice for a sauce.

The biggest reason is just consistency. It came out exactly the same every time I made it, and as I didn't have enough time to re-do it if I fucked up, this was important.
>>
>>8463256

OK, I could see it being a valid shortcut if you were unable to marinade in advance for some reason.

But it certainly doesn't save on cooking time. You'd be done using a pan before the oven had finished pre-heating.
>>
>>8463256
I'm going to try this
>>
>>8463270

In my experience, cooking thighs in a pan tends to result in somewhat uneven cooking - with the outside being a little dry, and getting the skin evenly crispy without damagning/scraping some off can be a little challenging.

Cooking it my way tends to yield more even temperatures throughout the meat, and the skin typically stays intact and crisps evenly.

One thing I forgot to mention is that after I flip and dry off the skin, I rub some oil and herbs on it.
>>
>>8460748
WHY IS THERE ALWAYS ONE FUCKING AUTIST ON THIS BOARD WHO KEEPS SPENDING MONEY ON SHIT HE DOESN' T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH?

JESUS CHRIST, DID YOUR PARENTS NOT TEACH YOU ANYTHING, YOU COCK SUCKING ASS CHEEKER!
>>
>>8463351
He's just using up the food in his parents' freezer
>>
>>8462125

Goddamnit website on the bottle is broken.

There is no god
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.