[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skyline Chili? Real chili?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Coney3WayCoke.jpg (58KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Coney3WayCoke.jpg
58KB, 640x430px
Got into an argument with someone saying this shit isn't "real chili"

Seems pretty real to me.
>>
It's not real chili, it's a variation of a Greek dish called macaroni de kima
>>
>>8460677
>this shit isn't "real chili"

Well no shit. Do you think that spaghetti or shredded cheese were typical ingredients for a bunch of Mexican cowboys?
>>
>>8460677
you guys in Illinois are nuts
>>
>>8460705
This. A greek dude worked in a Cincinnati chili joint back when chili joints were a thing. (There was a huge chili craze in the early part of the 20th Century). Dude just made a riff on a pasta dish he missed from home and called it "chili" because that's what was selling. Customers unfamiliar with Greek food accepted the dish as chili.
>>
File: cincichili.jpg (143KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cincichili.jpg
143KB, 500x375px
>>8460677
Assuming by 'real' you mean authentic chili, I would disagree.

No one would ever sit down and eat a bowl of Cincinnati chili by itself. You always put it *on* something. Because of that, I would term it more of a chili sauce than real chili.

t. Cincinnatifag who has eaten Gold Star within the last 30 days
>>
>>8460677
all that cheese
>>
>>8460677
>>8460856
would you like some chili with that cheese?
>>
>>8460677
What the hell is real chili anyway? Is there some sort of original model or some chili prototype they base it off?
>>
>>8462946
Faggots from Texas think that anything not involving flanks of beef, beef fat, and chili powder is not "real" chili
>>
>>8460856
I eat it by itself all the time when I get the cans of it.
>>
Cincinnati style chili is really good if you make it yourself, it's shit-tier out of cans from Skyline or Gold Star though. If you've not had it, it's a bit like a mole.
>>
>>8462946
>What the hell is real chili anyway?

Chili Con Carne.

The base of the dish is stewed chili peppers, and then there is meat added. That's pretty much it. You need chili peppers and meat.

...and then the's the obvious exclusion of whatever wouldn't be available to the people who created the dish, as was posted earlier in the thread:

>>8460720
>Do you think that spaghetti or shredded cheese were typical ingredients for a bunch of Mexican cowboys?

>>8462950
>chili powder
That might get you shot here in Texas. What part of "actual chili peppers" is hard to understand?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.