[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he fell for the MSG and aspartame are bad for you meme MSG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1477522183775.jpg (2MB, 3200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1477522183775.jpg
2MB, 3200x2000px
>he fell for the MSG and aspartame are bad for you meme
MSG and aspartame are both metabolized into neurotransmitters that stimulate your NMDA receptors (such receptors require the presence of both to fire), which are responsible for neuroplasticity, learning and memory. The only reason why MSG is bad for you is because it carries sodium and the only reason why aspartame and MSG are both bad for you is because they can be over-excitatory if you dwell on the same topic too often and devote your excess neurotransmitters to burning out your neural networks.

Asians are historically good at math because their diet is high in MSG and promotes positive, tangential cognitive processes whereas in the west we are taught to think linearly so we burn ourselves out instead of progressing to the next level without the instruction of a tutor.

Prove me wrong you can't. That's why they taste so fucking good: your brain wants them.

Aspartame is certainly carcinogenic but we all must make sacrifices to be the best we can be.
>>
>/ck/ can't handle even a little bit of original thought
figures
>muh regional recipes
>muh heritage
>muh common spices
>>
>>8458105
> muh, msg=flavor. I'm too lazy to use proper cooking techniques and ingredients so I'll dump a bunch of artificial crap in that makes some people sick in a pathetic attempt to mask the fact that I can't cook.

Great. Now you're a -4 star michelin non-chef.
>>
>>8458186
Sometimes you have to sacrifice flavor for power. I mean, whatever, it's okay. You can accuse me of defying tradition, strawman me or accuse me of lacking skill as much as you want in order to reinforce your biases, but you're only delaying your own liberation from your chemically restrained mind.
>>
Revelation:

Sugar tastes good because your body needs it. MSG also tastes good because your body needs it.

I think we can close the book on this case.
>>
File: 1436027483651.gif (55KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
1436027483651.gif
55KB, 300x451px
>>8458189
Careful there, you are close to achieving tipping overdose
>>
>>8458186
Literally the only thing that matters at the end of the day is taste. Thinking there is cheating in flavors is stupid and simply limits the creative uses of an ingredient.

Ingredients can be abused but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.

I bet you bitch about truffle oil
>>
File: scary.jpg (269KB, 768x804px) Image search: [Google]
scary.jpg
269KB, 768x804px
>>8458186
>artificial
nice buzzword faggot. like clockwork, you pretend chefs come out the woodwork to spew garbage. msg has its place in many dishes, doesn't need to be in everything but no one is arguing that.
>>
>>8458194
A tidy conclusion; good job boys, let's pack it up.
>>
>>8458105
>MSG and aspartame are both metabolized into neurotransmitters that stimulate your NMDA receptors
stopped reading there. Neurotransmitters in your stomach won't make it to your nervous system.
>>
>>8458428
Glutamate is natural, not msg
>>
>>8458460
I believe you can eat GABA and receive peripheral effects. 5htp also, which is a serotonin prodrug
>>
>>8458105
Man, I love artificial sweeteners. I'll drink diet soda over regular any day of the week, and not for any health reasons.
>>
>>8458972
different pathways. One is absorbed directly into the blood while the other is actually metabolized.

>>8458105
You know less than you think about metabolism and neurotransmitters. I am not saying you're wrong; just that you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>8458194
>>8458446

Well, not exactly. Sugar tastes good because it often accompanies Sucrose and other energy dense materials. The calories is what our bodies need.

MSG tastes good because it often accompanies complex proteins and mineral nutrients such as zinc or iron. You know, shit you find in savory foods like meat. These are what the body needs.

Essentially, 'tastes' are signals to the body that a food has the nutrition we need - or don't need, since some tastes are warnings.

>>8458186
I'm surprised no one is addressing the obvious elephant in the room you bring up: "sick".

The idea that MSG makes people sick comes from a midwestern health scare in America in the 1970's (1968 specifically). MSG has never, ever been linked to illness by any serious study. It's more likely people get headaches from eating too much sodium.
>>
>>8458472
so?
>>
>>8458105

apples are good for you too faggot, and theyre actually good for you, but you dont see me making a thread trying to talk up apples, because quite frankly I can make my own judgements about peoples diets when I see them stuff a pound of MSG laden pork belly into their gullet and wash it down with a diet coke.
>>
>>8458316
>>8458186

MSG is naturally occuring lol. It's a chemical based flavor enhancer, just like fucking salt. Might as well stop seasoning your food with salt and cook "naturally" you fuckin dumb shit.
>>
>>8460884
>Might as well stop seasoning your food with salt

a lot of people do actually do that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.