[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PORK BELLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 264575-judge-dredd.jpg (63KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
264575-judge-dredd.jpg
63KB, 680x478px
I'm cooking it. Any tips?

SIDES
-Coconut rice
-Sauteed bell peppers and red onion

SAUCE
-???????????
>>
Sweet chili sauce.

Alternatively salsa.
>>
>>8454227
Make a pie
>>
>>8454235
I have thai chilies...can I pull that off?
>>
>>8454256
Yeah, that's the type I meant

Mix up some water, fish sauce, add in sugar and put in chopped thai chili pepper. Mix that shit. Serve a bit over the rice. You can change the flavor to if you want it sweet or spicy or a balance.
>>
>>8454227

dude i got u.. make anchovy caramel.

>sautee anchovies/garlic/red pepper flake in canola oil
>go in with 1 cup rice vinegar, 1/4 cup fish sauce, 1/4 cup tamari or nice soy sauce
>1 cup brown sugar
>reduce by about half
>strain out solids

it's so good, man
>>
>>8454275

and you can make a really nice pan sauce out of a little of this, some stock, and a little butter plus salt and probably sherry vinegar
>>
File: 20170110_220756.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_220756.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>8454313
Doing that now...flower or no? Straight reduction?
>>
>>8454385

no flour
>>
File: PB and P.jpg (152KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PB and P.jpg
152KB, 1440x1080px
>>8454385
I didn't flower it, but I felt like the belly was going to die while I waited for reduction. Maybe I jumped the gun, or I should have kept it in on low for a decent serving temp but this is the final plate.

Thanks for all the advice in the thread everyone, this is the final plate. Rate and hate.
>>
>>8454437

i'm the fucker who gave you the recipe to a really good pork belly sauce earlier..

how did you prepare your pork belly? why the fuck did you SCORE THE FAT to the fucking meat?? why did you feel the need to score it at all????

dude it's not like a fat cap( which you should never cut down to the protein anyway). it's integral to the cut.. you don't ever ever ever score pork belly.
did you braise it and then sear it? or what did you do?

once something is cooked to that level of doneness (braised/stewed/smoked/etc), it's perfectly fine to bring it back up to temp again without ruining what you've made.

fuck you for not using the sauce i recommended.. you would have liked it, anon. :(
>>
>>8454385
>>8454437

shit , i'm this guy >>8455560

i'm drunk. i just looked at the other picture of the entire piece of belly in the roasting tray.. i'm drunk, i'll get back to you later tomorrow night after i get off work to explain everything that you fucked up (in a nice way, not tryna be condescending)
>>
>>8455560
I was already balls deep cooking it by then, but I saved the recipe.
>>
>>8455560
Yeah I fucked up scoring the fat big time. I let the belly rest for a while to get to room temp and when I went to score it I just went right through it like nothing...I was a bit drunk myself as you were.

Turned out okay, but not perfect by any means. My girl ate seconds and the sauteed pineapple was a great cut in the profile. I'll try your recipe, I promise. I just found this asian market that sells pork belly for nothing, so I'll be getting it on the reg. I'll make a round 2 thread next time I do it.
>>
>>8454227
simmer it in water for like 3 hours then when all the water is evaporated and you've rendered out enough of the fat turn the heat up and fry till crunchy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.