[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pointers welcome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: grndturk-500x500.png (979KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
grndturk-500x500.png
979KB, 500x500px
I've got a little ground turkey thawing out and here's what I'm thinking I want to try doing with it:
>>
1. Put it in my ass and post a picture on 4chan
>>
So basically I want to make kind of long, seasoned meat patties mixed with potato and spinach, seared on both sides and topped with a tangy sauce of crunchy garlic in either butter or oil.

So I'm thinking, I chop up a potato and some spinach into tiny bits and boil them in a vegetable broth until they're soft which I would mix into the raw ground turkey that I season with cumin and peppers and some other shit. Then I let it sit with the seasonings for maybe an hour (mix in some crushed croutons maybe to help it keep shape?)

Then I shape them into long flat patties (kinda like in pic but wider and flatter) and prepare a pan with some water, salt and canola oil. Then cook the patties on both sides, turn up the heat, then sear both sides until lightly blackened.

Then in the same pan, put in some butter, worcestershire sauce and a bunch of chopped garlic until the garlic turns hard and brown and use the resulting liquid to top the patties with.
>>
>>8452731
Sounds tasty, but I would be worried that the sauce and heavy sear combination perhaps overpowers the mild turkey flavour. Pls report back when you've made it.
>>
>>8452701
>ground turkey

How can turkey end up smelling and tasting so vile when the only thing you do to it is grind it?
>>
>>8452701
taco meat
chili
>>
>>8452701
Croquettes, OP.

Season the turkey with garlic, onion, breaking it up in the pan. Fold in some chopped spinach until it sautes out all the water, combining with the spinach. Mash cooked potatoes, stuff with seasoned turkey and spinach, roll in crouton breadcrumbs. Pan fry.

Sauce? Nah, no need.
>>
Well I made it and I must say wow. I have made some pretty fail dishes in the past but this was a catastrophe. Thoroughly vile. Could not finish a single bite.
>>
>>8453795
Maybe it's made out of turkey intestines and stuff.
>>
It's kind of nasty and sticky on its own.

Here's what I did and it turned out pretty good:

Mix ground turkey with 1 egg and breadcrumbs, add a few tbs of hoisin sauce, finely diced cilantro, garlic and a tiny dash of fish sauce/line.

Cook like a meatloaf or in burger patties.

It's like Vietnamese meatloaf
>>
>>8453928

it wasn't a great idea. might have been better to listen to this anon>>8453822

personally I make cutlets with a mix of onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and plenty of salt and pepper, egg dip and flour, and fry off. they freeze very well too.

I have also found that ground turkey is the best substitute for veal in a meatball, actually probably better than veal, it's just so good. I usually go 40% beef, 40% turkey and 20% seasoned pork sausage
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.