[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make dry beans edible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1481812524675.jpg (123KB, 700x711px) Image search: [Google]
1481812524675.jpg
123KB, 700x711px
How do I make dry beans edible?
>>
>>8451628
You got to soak them overnight and then boil them for like a few hours.
>>
I'm about to make your day.
>>
File: IMG_4092.jpg (1MB, 2369x2633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4092.jpg
1MB, 2369x2633px
Here it is: my family's recipie for Red Beans and Rice.

Use pork sausage, please, and extra sharp cheddar. Don't skimp on the green onions, or lessen the cooking time. It will taste better if you can increase the cooking time, and the leftovers will be even more delicious that the first serving.

You can more or less just put this on a light simmer and then fuck off for a job shift or watch netflix. Just be sure to add half a cup of water for every additional hour you want to ignore it. Stirring is permissible, but any frequency is totally optional.
>>
>>8451628
Season the soaking liquid (salt, garlic & onion powder, etc.). If they are a colored bean like black or red then also DO NOT discard the soaking liquid and cook them in it.
>>
>>8451713
Sounds tasty, but how many bacon drippings?
>>
>>8451723
Oh, I forgot! My grandmother just throws in four thick-cut bacon slices and then takes them out before she serves it/freezes the extra leftovers.

Also, this will last for about a week in the fridge in a sealed bag, five days in a pot with a lid.
>>
Dont
>>
>>8451713
I assume you drain the water you soak it with? What's the ratio of water to soaked bean? Whenever I make beans like this I always use too much water and end up with soup. It's still good but I want to learn to make saucy beans, not soupy beans - if that makes any sense
>>
>>8451628
Pressure cooker
No soaking required
Cooked in 30-45 mins depending on bean
>>
>>8451824
Nope, no draining! That would get rid of the good stuff. It's one pound of dry beans to six cups of water, as the recovery says.

Don't worry, you'll get a thick sauce if you cook the beans for the correct amount of time. You can pour some of the water out, but you'll just have to add more back in later. In the beginning, it's a lot of water and veg with a few purplish beans. At the correct ending stage, it's a thick mahogany paste with the veg cooked down into invisible flavor.

Much like properly carmelized onions or fond for stew, these things take time.
>>
>>8451890
*as the recipie says
>>
>>8451629
soaking is a waste of time. Simply cook for many hours.
Or pressure can
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.