[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Al/ck/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 36

New one because old one is almost at bump limit. Currently drinking some nice cold Russian Standard neat. I hate myself, I hate this world, I don't want help. Come on anons get in here.
>>
File: 310078.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
310078.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
Good ol skol
>>
/ck/ is not your blog and is not /da/ - Depression & Abuse

alcohol is welcome but no one cares that you pretend to have a problem
>>
File: 20170109_214750.jpg (2MB, 2057x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_214750.jpg
2MB, 2057x1494px
>>
>>8450593

Hi Welcome to /ck/. I see you are pretty new here and don't realize that al/ck/ threads have a special place on this board. I encourage you to browse more but post less until you are not a shitty fedora fuck pissing on everyone's bonfire :^)
>>
File: knob.png (273KB, 266x560px) Image search: [Google]
knob.png
273KB, 266x560px
Any other alkies been drinking Knob Creek? Got a bottle earlier Satuday and it's mostly gone.
>>
>>8450605

gibs me pls that looks delicious
>>
>>8450600

Fuck outta here faggot
>>
>>8450600

Where do you think you are dick face? Leave and never come back.
>>
File: kurt.jpg (114KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
kurt.jpg
114KB, 550x413px
>>8450600
you can't even drink 18 beers a day anymore without some johnny come lately telling you what kind of drinker you are. Pish Posh
>>
File: IMG_1225.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8450610

Last of it and some trash chicken.
>>
>tfw taking tonight off drinking

Feels kinda good, kinda bad, man
>>
>>8450656

Exactly you tell that faggot
>>
>>8450656
>5. But who was on the phone?!?!
i'm more pissed than i care to admit about that line being wrong
>>
>>8450692
I can sympathize. I don't have any liquor in the house, so I'm trying to stay put until the store closes so the option isn't there anymore. Feeling kind of edgy.
>>
>>8450728
On nights I don't drink, I go from feeling incredibly bored and anxious, to being proud of myself.
>>
>>8450581
I am in the same boat. 2 blocks from home slam a pint of vodka and then nurse a six pack through the night. Help anons what do I do?
>>
>>8450713

not only did I not notice it in the pic, but I also didn't notice it in your post until like the fourth time rereading
>>
>>8450801

You do that so your family doesn't think you have a serious problem right? Yeah I remember your thread.
>>
File: 1478397212616.png (239KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1478397212616.png
239KB, 480x368px
i am to drink jagermeister, how do i store it? refrigerator, freezer? what temperature?
>>
>>8450830

You need to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>8450600
Here

Please try to read this though. Are you able to answer yes to any question? If so please take a minute to think about it. How does it make you feel?
>>
>>8450939

it's not all that applicable to alcoholics for the most part. at least, I'm at a point where I'm struggling to keep my drinking in check and all but maybe a few of those completely don't apply.
>>
Steel Reserve, because all the liquor stores close really early in my town.
>>
>>8450987
The first night not drinking is always the hardest

>tfw feeling like a space shuttle reentering the atmosphere now
>>
I been a hard drinker for 3-4 years and I dont want to stop but part of me, albeit very small, feels I should just give it up competently . I feel like im always on the fence either to stop completely or just be really destructive and drink constantly. Is there any way tojust be a functional drunk or drink on the weekends or am I doomed to be an al/ck/ if I try to keep drinking at all?
Thanks for any words of wisdom Guild Of Drunks.
>>
Are any of you guys severe alcoholics? I've felt hopeless for a long time, but I'm just now beginning to legitimately get scared. I think I will have delirium tremens if I stop. Do you guys think I will?
>29 years old
>have been severe alcoholic since 21, but drank heavily since 17
>once i turned 21, quickly developed a pint of vodka a day habit, which escalated to a fifth a day by the time i was 22
>haven't gone more then 48 hours without drinking atleast a fifth from between ages 22-now
>began losing appetite for food at age 23, only ate one meal a day
>from ages 27-now, only eat one meal every 3-4 days
>am now up to a fifth and a half a day with little food
>have to drink literally 24/7
>jerk awake about 4 times throughout the night from horrific lucid dreams and compelled to take two shots
>every time i try to stop, at the 8 hour mark without a drink, my whole body shakes violently, hands cramp up, can't see straight, feel like i can barely breath, and am absolutely compelled to take shot
>recently tried to quit, made it to about 30 hours, and had above listed symptoms as well as inability to think straight, severe vomiting that i didn't even know was possible, thought i heard opera music blasting, body soaked in sweat, extremely fast heart rate
>attempted to sit on couch after vomiting, and every single sound, no matter how quiet would make me jump out of my skin
>thought i saw various members of my extended family come into my living room, encouraging me to take a drink
>i then slammed about half a fifth, and was relieved

and now here i am, about a liter in. i can't go through that again. and i know that wasn't the worst of it. if i couldn't even stand that, i know i will crumble under delirium tremens which i think were approaching. i just need some advice. i can't do it anymore
>>
>>8451284
yes youre fucked. go to a hospital while the ACA is still in place
>>
>>8451284
Damn son, i feel bad for you. Yeah if your riding like that maybe a few weeks somewhere to dry out would be good.
If i were in your shoes I would.
>>
>>8451284

You are very far into alcoholism man. Serious advice here, get into a rehab program or something as soon as possible.
>>
>>8451295
>>8451315
>>8451323
i think inpatient may be the route i have to go, but i'm absolutely terrified of not being able to drink. i hope they don't make me ride out the withdrawal, even if i am supervised. i just can't stand it. not even sure if benzos will relieve me at this point. i also have a full time job that depends on me. i may be fired if i take a lot of time off. (line cook at local italian place)
>>
>>8451339

I don't think they will try to make you go cold turkey dude. If your alcoholism is so severe quitting just like that can kill you. Regardless get in there because you are definitely one of more serious cases here.
>>
>>8451339
theyll give you just enough to stem serious physical symptoms(if you need it) but still ween you off it.

You may get fired but some bosses are open to it as it makes for better employees. especially if you get offsite help and can continue to work
>>
>>8451284
Hospital. Tell them you want to ween off of alcohol. Life threatening to stop while not under medical supervision
>>
>>8451339
think about how happy with your life you are right now, and then think of how enjoyable your day-to-day life was as a kid before you got involved with alcohol. I hope that you can realize that it is worth it to go to the hospital and get help. when you are so deep into drugs, its hard to remember what it was like beforehand, but reclaiming just a fraction of it is totally worth it. promise
>>
>>8451339
Heres a story for you
>be nurse
>work in ICU, nights
>Patient with headwound comes in
>got drunk. Fell down his stairs. Ems saw him bleeding out of his ear and thought he was fucked
>just a skull fracture, but send him to us anyways to watch
>patient starts to go into dts within hours
>shot of geodon keeps him down
>next day
>hes on an ativan DRIP 1 mg/hr
>im the lucky winner that gets him
>fine at first, ativan is holding him down
>starts asking where his whiskey is
>hallucinating that the nurses outside are drinking
>demanding a drink and to go home
>hes fucked himself so badly hes swaying and falling while SITTING in bed, more than 24 hours dry
>acting for all the world like hes still drunk
>starts trying to get out of bed
>too unstead to even stand properly
>gets violent when we get him back in bed
>have to call a code strong to get extras to hold him down
>we fight with him on and off for four hours, and during this time weve given him 3 shots of geodon, some 8 extra mg of Ativan in addition to the drip
>wont go down, throwing punches, screaming at the top of his lungs
>at one point yhere are 9 people holding this bull of a motherfucker down
>final decision is made to intubate him for the sole purpose of being able to sedate him with propofol after weve called the doc some 5 times

He rode out the worst of his d/ts sedated. He was still fucked though, he developed Wernike-Korsakoffs syndrome cause hes fucked his liver so badly his liver decided to pickle his brain. He will probably always be an unstable addled jackass, and never be able to take care of himself
This guy was in his late 30's
Take care of this now anon. Inpatient is the way to go.
>>
>>8451339
Well you can quit, and destroy your health and cant work, or you can go to inpatient. Im sure there are other italian restaurants. If i were you i would do it. Ive gone over 4 months without a drink. Its in your head but i promise its better than living that way
>>
>>8451399

you work with a lot of doctors so I feel like you can give me advice. how do I into med school?

ps: I drink a lot thanks
>>
>>8451405
Go premed at a decent 4 year college, make friends with doctors and your professors to get good reccomedations. Find a field that interests you the most, do some research, find something nice to do a thesis on and then apply to a decent med school.
Get board certified, for the love of god. We need more of those.
Thats about all i got. I know how to work on your RN to NP since im going that route for critical care but pre med and then med school is sorta not something ive researched
Im not too sure honestly, im RN working on my NP.
Heres some food. Dont drink too much.
I drink a lot on the days im off to cope with the shit i see on the job, but i make sure not to overdo it.
>>
>>8451347
>>8451350
>>8451357
>>8451394
>>8451399
>>8451400
Thanks for the advice all of you. I'll ask my boss for 2 weeks off a pray that he will give it to me, although unlikely. Scared to tell him I'm such a horrible alcoholic, although he may already know. Not sure. Its just so disappointing as I'm expecting to getting promoted to sous here pretty soon. our sous is old as fuck and retiring. the ICU nurses post scared me though. i think i'll opt to save my health rather then keep the job. i definitely dont want to end up like that guy, though i may already be there. i'll definitely think about it.
>>
>>8451438

Thanks anon, good luck.
>>
>>8451443
much love dude. good luck. i don't see why your boss wouldn't let you come back once you are back on your feet.
>>
>>8451405
dont do it if you like the idea of making money. Insurance costs are just ridiculously high and the hours suck.

Try to volunteer at an ER or other intense med system and see if you can do it
>>
>>8451455
>>8451455

I'm not. I fucking hate my life, I need to dedicate my life to a higher purpose and need to feel like I am doing constructive. I want out of this society. If I manage to get into med school I want a family medicine residency and when I am done/certified I want to join MSF, go to whatever war torn shit hole. I couldn't give a fuck about money believe me I have enough of it.
>>
>>8451463
People choose many professions for a variety of reasons that all fall under the purpose of "doing something constructive"

kick ass in school and do some internships/volunteering to see if you can hack it
>>
>>8451479

Cheers much appreciated
>>
>>8451483
np np.
I did my stuff at an ER from midnight to 4am. I'd rec the same. It shows dedication and a willingness to be exposed to certain hardships.

Know that if you can't or it doesn't feel right, Medicine stems from research and those researchers are in demand. The whole chain contributes to patient health.
>>
>>8451499

Serious question. How excellent do you need to be in the hard sciences/math to be a doc? For reasons I won't bother going into I dropped out of hs, went to a CC, but then transferred to a top 40 uni and I'm in my 3rd year. I have some sciences but not all and definitely nothing chem related. I plan to take the courses in the upcoming semesters but I could use some advice. Not in the US either btw.
>>
>>8451509
are you going to do some post-bac pre-med sci courses? If so, you will need to do very well in those, but not worry until you take them.

I only know for the US but here, math and the harder sci courses are p important
>>
>>8451512

Not really post bac. In Canada you can just take the courses during your undergrad which I plan to do. I have already taken 2 but I still need gen/organic chem and bio chem.
>>
File: 1475899749584.jpg (256KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475899749584.jpg
256KB, 1200x1200px
>>8451443
Just be honest with your boss. If youre that worried get some job offers lined up ahead of time before you detox, that way if he kicks you then youll have other options.
Make sure you have good people to support you before and after the process my friend. Thats one way to make sure you dont relapse, because even once dts have passed its gonna be hard not to go back.
That guy was asking for drinks three weeks after the fact. Of course he was addled as fuck, and I think drugs played into it too cause he was offering one of my coworkets 5 grams of coke in exchange for a bottle...
But yaknow. Best of luck, for real. Youre the only person out there thats gonna protect yourself and your health.
>>
>>8451518
Ochem is important. It is usually used to weed out people that are aiming for med school. All of those harder sci classes are still important so just know that.

Biochemistry is becoming a more important section of the medical system(this is where I work). If you can really kill in the bioinformatics/genetics courses, that will help a lot, but you still need to do well in pretty much every single class.

I don't know if Canada uses the MCAT but biochem was recently added and is heavily weighted.
>>
>>8451463
You could always take my route if time is of the essence for you.
Doing something like MSF is great, but you can do it as an NP too. Pay isnt as high, but you can go anywhere, and it takes less time. Get your RN, then work while you get your masters (soon to be a PhD rumors say). You do most of what a doc was, but work more closely with patients, which is what I like about it.
It just depends on what you wanna get out of it. MDs can get to interact with their patients a lot, but an NP gets to do that quite a bit more as a hospitalist or in-house in an ICU or ER
>>
>>8451549
>>8451518
this person knows what theyre talking about as well. I can't speak to MSF but the RN route is common
>>
>>8451539

Thank you. MCAT in Canada is used for majority of the schools but there are 3 schools that do not require it and 2 others but they are in French. And one school only looks at the CARS sections so no sciences.

>>8451549

I'll keep this in mind as well. I am already 3 years into my degree program so I don't know if I could just switch to a nursing program but I'll look into it.
>>
>>8451559
Im assuming MSF is doctors without borders.
Nurse Practitioners are also able to work with them.
>>
>>8451575
Oh if you're already 3 years into pre med then theres no reason to switch. BSN RN is a four year program to begin with. Go for that doctorate anon, unless you feel youd like NP better and your credits all transfer towards an RN. However, last two years of RN are heavily clinical based, so youd still be behind i think.
Id assumed you were just starting out
>>
>>8451578
RN route being that to being a full fledged MD. I just know that MSF is relatively selective with drs. and im sure with RNs abut I would assume so as well.

Im a little drunk, sorry for not being 100% clear
>>
>>8451582
>>8451581
its also been a little while since I've been directly involved in the clinical side. I pretty much exclusively do research now
>>
>>8451581

No worries, I appreciate it anyway. I honestly don't know if I will be able to get into a Canadian med school. I may consider going international and just staying somewhere in Europe (I have EU citizenship too)
>>
>>8451582
so out of curiosity, what are you doing now? RN i presume
>>
>>8451608
>>8451581
WHOOOOPS
meant this
>>
>>8451399

ya'll niggas really should do talks like this in highschools
>>
So today was day one of "No drinking on weekdays" it's gone pretty well, been able to keep myself busy. Plus my mom gave me this grip of pills for pain, I don't remember what they are, but one of their uses when I looked them up was to prevent shaking an other detox type side effects. I have about a dozen of them, so I think I can do this. I am structuring my life more, and trying to save money.
I think I was just drinking out of boredom, but I have been depressed the past few months, so io feel like I have to get my shit together.
>>
File: kanye-sad.jpg (48KB, 558x372px) Image search: [Google]
kanye-sad.jpg
48KB, 558x372px
>>8451637
keep it up bro

Here's my blog entry:
>busiest day of the week in Sunday, always get blackout drunk on Sunday evenings as a consequence
>for once I manage to resist the urge to drink on this bitch of a day
>feel great Monday morning, have a good day at work
>reward self by getting blackout drunk
Damn it.
>>
File: pure_bliss.jpg (119KB, 431x379px) Image search: [Google]
pure_bliss.jpg
119KB, 431x379px
>>8451649
2 real
>>
>>8451610
Still RN, working ICU nights while I finish up my degree for NP. Im actually at work right now, but things are chill so I have time to shitpost. I enjoy nights like this when I get em.
I plan on transferring to a bigger hospital to do critical care in either an ER or ICU once I get my degree, csuse NPs dont have much of a place in a small hospital like mine. I could work in an office but ICU is kind of where my heart is. As much as if gets fucked it at least keeps me interested. And busy.
>>8451616
I saw anons post and thought it wouldn't hurt to share. We get a lot of frequent flier drunks that come in every other week with a skull fracture or something of the sort, and every time we see them its like theres a little less of them in there.
>>
>>8451649
Awwwww, almost good.
>>
>>8451658
well, I don't think it will mean much as I am sure you already know but you ICU and ER RNs are some of the only ones that get universal respect. Ya'll are important.

You can follow your dreams anon. You seem smart enough
>>
You know what I just learned? I learned that you can vomit through your nose.

Now I always try to avoid vomiting because it's unpleasant but just now I have reached a new plane of unpleasantness.
>>
>>8451861
I''m getting towards the vomit phase. I only drink at night so I really have to go hard for a long time to get there, but I'm at the bad alcoholic place. Almost puked last night and I'm really fucking full all the time. I think it's an ulcer.
>>
I'm working towards moderation instead of excess every night, been trying for about a month or so. Already I have noticed more energy throughout the day and my tolerance going down. Will hopefully be able to stick to it. I knew things were getting bad when I drunk a bottle of gin in the afternoon and felt pretty much fine, maybe a little tipsy. Don't want to go back down that road
>>
>>8452074
How much do you drink in moderation?

I am down to about 2 shots of whiskey every night whereas before I was getting hammered 3-4 nights out of the week. I don't know which one is better. I don't really get hammered though with my current approach, just a chill head buzz that keeps me happy
>>
>>8452354
>I don't really get hammered though with my current approach, just a chill head buzz that keeps me happy
That is pretty much what I am aiming for. Currently drinking about 4 gin and tonics a night, or 3-5 shots of whisky (sipped over a long period instead of straight down the hatch). Still a fair bit I suppose, but its miles less than than what I used to drink and so far no negative effects. Some of the stories on here scared the shit out of me
>>
Why are alcoholics so goddamn pathetic?
And why are they mostly white males?
Is there a correlation between having a small penis and being a pathetic loser??
>>
>>8450603
Fuck off, loser.

This thread is reddit incarnate.
>>
File: women-laughing-and-having-fun.jpg (60KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
women-laughing-and-having-fun.jpg
60KB, 600x399px
>>8450605
These are the "alcoholics" that you get on 4chan.

4 days to drink a bottle of whisky.
>>
>>8452568
you have to start off somewhere, you ever see old drunks in run down bars that have those huge bulbous noses and rosacea...they started off drinking a bottle every couple of days.
>>
>>8452564
Where do the alcoholics dwell on Reddit?

I don't really give a shit what platform I chat to fellow alkies on, I just like doing it anonymously.
>>
File: rhinophyma-nose.jpg (265KB, 604x800px) Image search: [Google]
rhinophyma-nose.jpg
265KB, 604x800px
>>8452592
pic related, you don't wanna end up like this
>>
>>8452598
There is a stopdrinking subreddit which is home to some seriously fucked up people. I was frequenting their IRC channel but got banned for posting beer ASCII.

I am really not a mean-spirited person but seeing people get so mad over something like that is just too fucking funny to pass up. I also love posting vague puns

>ah, what a long day. time to crack open a cold one
>everyone freaks out
>relax guys, a cold diet coke!
>get banned

fuck them
>>
>>8452601
>>rhinophyma
>>Rhinophyma is a condition causing development of a large, bulbous, ruddy nose associated with granulomatous infiltration, commonly due to untreated rosacea.[1]
>>Alcoholism is mistakenly attributed as a cause of this issue.
>mistakenly attributed
>>
>>8451284
Go to a hospital m8. They will help you. Effects of dropping alcohol in your stte could be lethal, without medical help. Good luck
>>
>>8452561
Basically white people have no charisma and are very bland in general. You can see this blandness in their food, their music, how they dance and the way they have sex. This turns them in to social misfits who have to rely on booze to fill the emptiness in their lives.
>>
>>8452705
obsessed
>>
>>8452561
Alcoholism is one thing that unites all races
>>
>>8451284
Are you crazy Smirnoff guy? What happened to him?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPOcx59qmlw
>>
>>8452705
can somebody translate this from Ape?
>>
I just broke up with her. It felt like the best moment to buy a bottle of Laphroaig, any tips on how to enjoy it the most ?
>>
>>8451284

You need proffesional help detoxing and likely tapering to. Cold turkey at the point your at sounds dangerous, you probly need ot taper then detox with PROFESIONAL HELP.
>>
>>8452788
Assuming you don't drink much scotch, pour a shot into a glass. Sniff, and take a small sip. It will probably burn a bit, so add a touch of water until the burning goes away and you are left with all the flavour. If you add too much, top it up with more whisky. Rinse and repeat.

I recommend having a beer along side it to sip away at, or at the very least a glass of water. Enjoy! I remember doing a similar thing not too long ago
>>
>>8452632
Holy shit what a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>8452823
Thanks, any idea of food to pair it with ? I'm having japaese grilled beef tonight, but something else for tomorow would be fine.
The beer acts like a palate cleaner right ?
>>
>>8452820
what if he's really tough and has a nihilistic sense of humor? Could he quit cold turkey then?
>>
>>8452868
Not sure about food, I tend to drink scotch after dinner as opposed to with it.

Beer pretty much does, yes. I find it something nice to sip on as I drink the scotch and the whole experience is very enjoyable. I would recommend investing in a Glencairn glass if you don't have one, not essential but makes smelling it a lot easier and for some reason I need less water when I drink from one. A wine glass with a tapered mouth works reasonably well too
>>
>>8452778
He mad that white people have ruled the world for the past 800 years and makes things up to feel better about himself despite sitting on 4chan all the time like the rest of us.
>>
>>8452632
yah well, thats why were on 4chin
>>
>>8451399
He was just punking you.
>>
>wake up from my friends floor
>realize that i remember absolutely nothing of what happened after we started to leave for the bar
>"wew crazy time last night"
>"hehe yeah"
>>
File: 1458650641431.png (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1458650641431.png
36KB, 657x527px
>>8453167
Here's a frog that represents my feelings at the moment.
>>
>>8453167
Better check to see if there's something lodged up your butthole
>>
>>8451394
My life was fucking shit before I started drinking.
>>
I want to believe I'm making a step in the right direction. My family begged me to curb my drinking, so I'm waiting a month and 5 days (basically holding out until Valentines day) from any drinking.

My drinking has gotten worst over the last 4 years, and the last 8 months I've been packing away about a 750ml of tvarscki, cutting it with flavored water, and a six pack or two everyday. It was starting to get bad where I felt like absolute shit every single day, and felt like I couldn't do anything with friends (online or IRL) without also drinking.

I decided two days ago to stop drinking, until Valentines day, and see what happens. The first day was the hardest, and ended up throwing out my liquor. I wanted to go buy some more so bad, but after a few smokes I calmed down.

Second day hasn't been as bad. I've noticed I'm enjoying hanging out with my friends in a new way now, a way I haven't enjoyed it for years.

Work is also more bearable. Luckily, I don't feel the strong urge until night comes around, or I'm dicking around with friends. I'm trying to resist it by picking up a couple of hobbies and gaming.

Wish me luck. I'm hoping i can last it.
>>
Mall drinker here

Doing well today. Still shaking, hands and feet randomly cramp up. Stomach doesnt hurt, can keep food down. Asshole doesnt feel like its turning inside out.

Have a good 24 fellow anons.
>>
>>8452737
Was that mall bathroom guy? I haven't popped in these threads for a minute but thought he got kicked out or banned from the mall last I heard.
>>
>>8453468

I was btfo by mall security yeah. I dont fully remember desu
>>
>>8453363
>>8453468
I should learn to read before posting.
>>
>>8452598
>>8452632
Try /r/CripplingAlcoholism. More fun there.
>>
File: 1325749824148.png (9KB, 288x350px) Image search: [Google]
1325749824148.png
9KB, 288x350px
Can all you """alcoholics""" go to reddit or /adv/ or something? I just want to discuss pairing food with drinks and shit but a dozen of you blogging faggots completely ruined alcohol discussion on /ck/ with your ebig greentext sob stories. It's so obvious too that half of you don't even drink regularly and just use this as an excuse to blog about your boring ass lives. This is a cooking board. Fuck off.
>>
>>8453526
fuck off this has been a staple of /ck/
something we permit as its confined to one thread you flying faggot
>>
>>8453480
No worries m8
>>
File: 1477167305491.jpg (40KB, 330x391px) Image search: [Google]
1477167305491.jpg
40KB, 330x391px
>>8450593
>>
>>8453526

Fuck off fag lord. Go to a beer/whiskey general thread. Alck is an addict thread.

Go be pretentious with your shit box of wine and walmart steak somewhere else
>>
>>8453526
These threads are great. Just ignore them if you don't like them.
>>
>>8453190
Good luck anon. You can do it and your life will be better
>>
>>8452705
At least if I'm a white guy I can live life on easy mode. Everyone trust me and I have every advantage in life. Funnily I eat Asian food and my gf is Chinese. I took dancing lessons. All my problems can be solved. Lol
Pity I'm addicted to alcohol but you can't have it all
>>
>>8453526

You are the one who belongs in reddit, reddit
>>
File: 1472388965149.jpg (53KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1472388965149.jpg
53KB, 351x364px
Serious question...

How do people sleep sober?
>>
>>8453840

A long streak of sobriety, very heavy excersize and lots of reading of actual books (not screen) before bed . Im still struggling with this but doing those things has made it better. I still wake up after 4-5 hours every night tho, cant sleep a full 7 to save my life
>>
Was 10 days sober but broke last night and picked up some beers on the way home from work and then sat out back in the sun drinking a few.

Thankfully only drank 6. I was planning to quit completely for 3 months before going to moderation but maybe I could just go straight to moderation.
>>
>>8453840
It took me a VERY long time before I was able to fall asleep completely sober. After coming off, I immediately started using diphenhydramine (150mg) and stayed on that dose for about three years. My sleeping habits were shit and it took me over an hour usually to fall asleep but fast forward to today and I can fall asleep in under 30 mins usually and without any DPH
>>
>>8453840
I really need to get some sleeping pills. I can never make it past day 1 sober because I don't sleep at all and my chest starts to hurt and I drink just so I don't die.
>>
>>8453189
that's pretty sad, anon. hope you can find happiness at some point in your life
>>
>>8452564

Haha faggot.
>>
>tfw three weeks clean and just started drinking tonight
wish me luck lads

also, is russian standard any good? i really want to try it because the price is right in my price range but not sure if it will be "ok".
>>
>>8454974

OP here. Best vodka you can buy.
>>
>>8454974
>>8454985
update: i'm drunk. will buy russian standard tomorrow since i just finished my pint of nikolai.
>>
Craving a Bloody Mary right now because of >>>8455242

I think I'm going to run grab some mix and a jar of olives this afternoon.
>>
>>8450581
I haven't had a solid stool in weeks, wat do?
>>
>>8455547
Activated carbon tablets from any pharmacy. One a day is sufficient for me.
>>
>>8455553
thanks
>>
>>8450830
Freezer. But its very good at room temp as well. I usually mix it with rumchata.

2parts rumchata
1part jaegar
Add water/ice to taste.

Perfect horchata flavor.
>>8450844
Fuck this guy.
>>
>>8455571
You're a faggot.
>>
>>8450600
>Actually take the time to fill it out
>Everything you just did doesn't matter, it's about how you feel in your HEART

Great, I feel like I don't give a shit, guess I'm not an addict :^)
>>
>>8455625
Whats a better drink? I need to expand my horizons. You can just keep shitposting otherwise.
>>
>>8455886
not him, but try gin and cider
>>
File: d0PYh7N.jpg (11KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
d0PYh7N.jpg
11KB, 267x400px
>>8453802
>bragging about being a beta loser
>>
>>8453840
Most people work for a living.
>>
Hahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Alcoholism Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Bottle Like Nigga Close Your Liquor Cabinet Haha
>>
>>8453802
>Funnily I eat Asian food and my gf is Chinese. I took dancing lessons

lol
>>
>>8453840
My last stint of defended sobriety was about a year and a half ago. Took probably 8 months till I had a set sleep schedule. Requires going to bed consistently, water, working out long before you try to head to bed and getting off electronics at least an hour before bed. Personally can't do sleeping pills so I relied on tea (make sure it's herbal) and white noise (a fan by my bedside). Rubbing one out sometimes helps, but can also over stimulate.
>>
>>8454950
I find happiness in drinking.
>>
11 days sober and I just feel like shit. Am I supposed to feel better at some point?
>>
>>8456335
>being a nigger
>being an alcoholic
>>
>>8456326
This.

Stop being lazy assholes and you'll sleep no problemo.
>>
>>8456428
Plenty of people ITT are both. Who /Hennessy/ here?
>>
>>8456428

Carnival songs in the Caribbean these days are all about drinking.

Drunk people on the road 365. Drunk people at work 5-6 days a week

Drunk people in my yard.

Drunk people on the beach.

There isn't much to do other than drink.

We got people with $200 bar bills every week and we are only one of their stops. Fishermen go out. Drink while fishing, go adrift, coast guard of another island picks them up 4 days later, opens the official coast guard ice chest and gives them a beer for the ride home.
>>
>>8450600

I can only say yes to a couple of those but I know that I am an actual alcoholic. This obviously only relates to America.
>>
>>8453189

Me too breh.

I was 100% sober and suicidal.

Now I am as happy as a clam during the day, even sober, as long as I drink at least 6 beers in the evening.
>>
>tfw cant stand drinking any type of alcyhol
>tfw want to get drunk but end up vomiting in my mouth before finishing a bottle of before because of how fucking awful it tastes
>>
>>8456686
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocktail
>>
What's a good substitute for low vol% stuff?

Water helps me to not drink on every other day but it's not really fulfilling.
>>
>>8451284
You're going to die if you don't stop. Go and get help immediately, going cold turkey at this point isn't going to work for you. Good luck m8.
>>
>>8456686
Go for Jack Daniels and coke.
>>
>>8451284
>delirium tremens
That's a good beer though, you have great taste in beer
>>
a week sober lads
wew
>>
Had some early times about 2 nights ago and got wasted. Trying not to drink for a bit since i need to lose my beer belly. Currently on day 2 of not drinking but if i find where my drunk self hid the early times ill probably have a drink
>>
>>8456335
kek

>>8456428
>>
I'm sober and I have an exam coming up in 5 hours.

>Never learn to plan ahead with alcohol
>When I do plan ahead I just end up drinking it all at the same day anyway
>>
Post drinking songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjAOZmIY8sE
>>
>>8455916
Sounds awesome had my first gin in a long time last week. Mixed with dry cranberry and muddled orange. It was made for me dkno if that was right.
>>
File: yeaaaaaa.jpg (364KB, 1742x2862px) Image search: [Google]
yeaaaaaa.jpg
364KB, 1742x2862px
This is what I'm drinking right now.
>>
I've had people scoff at me for ordering my old fashioneds served up, and I don't see what the problem is. If I'm at home, I'll throw in an oversized chunk of ice, but if I'm out, I don't want the bartender throwing 10-20 ice cubes in my glass.

But maybe I'm just stupid, whatdyou think?
>>
How can I lose my beer gut and still keep drinking? Im tired of looking like a boomer from l4d
>>
>>8458709
It's called the Big Willie diet. All. You have to do is run 5 miles a day.
>>
File: 1481843279082.png (608KB, 718x535px) Image search: [Google]
1481843279082.png
608KB, 718x535px
so I've come to the realization that I cannot just drink one drink. Shit sucks

I start my new job/career on monday so I kinda need to be sober. well see what happens

let;'s start off with a good drunk story
>new years eve with my ex gf
>she knows my alc probs and is supportive of me not drinking
>assure her that I can stop at 1
>don't stop at 1
>get in a huge fight and pretty much tell her to fuck herself
>she leaves early in the morning

I won't include the accidental racist shit that i've said before. I live in californ-i-a so there was a lot
>>
It's 4am and I have a work meeting in three hours and I'm drinking Tito's mixed with grape juice, fuck my life.
>>
Before I turned 21 I promised myself I wouldn't drink since I have an addictive personality and feared I would be an alcoholic. Now I've been 21 for not even a month and I'm taking a shot of Luksusowa every time I feel even a little bit of anxiety or depression. Is it all downhill from here?
>>
>4.5% "Beer"

Why in the fuck is this a thing? I know there's not a huge difference in alcohol content between non-faggot beer but my God, I cannot get even remotely close to drunk off this shit. It might as well be fucking light beer. All it does it make me feel full.

What a fucking waste of money.
>>
>>8458709
Drink vodka and stop eating.
>>
>>8459214
>Is it all downhill from here?
Yes.
>>
>>8459206
you'll be fine

>>8459214
tell us about your anxiety
>>
mall drinker here

sober as fuck today m8's. have a good 24
>>
Just drained a half of vodka, in about an hour. Now on the white cider. Got a dinner appointment in 3 and a half hours. Fuck it.
>>
>>8459416
good going my man
>>
>>8459422
Half in the British Imperial sense - 35 cl
>>
>>8451284
I was exactly where you are a couple year ago, drinking the same amount w the same symptoms. I was 28. I rode out severe alcoholism as long as I could but ultimately called someone for a ride to the hospital and checked myself into detox. You need to do it now anon, there isn't any time left. Rides over.
>>
>>8459221
I dunno, that shits helped me sober up from drinking a liter of vodka a day. I can't even get drunk on it if I try, I get full before I'm drunk.
>>
>>8459371
It feels like everyone is miserable except for me. One (possibly two) of my friends is at risk of self-harming, everyone I know is depressed as fuck, and it has me on edge.
>>
I only have 5.50$
What's the most liquor I can get for that you think?
It's been two days without a drink due to becoming a neet recently and I'm kinda sick
>>
>>8459885
Ended up getting 2 375s of viaka
It's surprisingly good, albeit a bit on the sweet side
Very smooth for a 2$ vodka.
>>
>>8450593
Go fuck, good luck.
On topic, how you guys holding up? I slipped after three glorious days.
>>
File: 1470407763622.png (248KB, 576x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470407763622.png
248KB, 576x500px
>>8460801
eight days
>>
>>8459564
>Self-healing
Are ur friends 13?
>>
>>8451262
Just hit 7 years, get out now.
>>
>>8459564
they're competing to be the most interestingly troubled.
>>
>>8460827
>self-healing
wish i was at risk for that tbqh
>>
>>8451443
You in America m8? I'm pretty sure you can't get fired for getting help with substance abuse here.
>>
>>8460822
Not bad friend, I'll check those twos as well.
>>
>>8458745
I actually used to run 5 miles every other day and after i stopped i got the gut
>>
>>8450600
Question 13 is crazy. Of course I control my drug use. That's how I avoid ending up an addict. "Try" isn't the same as "try and fail".
>>
>>8459509
It's insane that .5% makes such a huge difference.
>>
Getting to the point where I can't stand my sober self.

He's always whinging and feeling sorry for himself.
>>
File: 7x77.png (28KB, 938x708px) Image search: [Google]
7x77.png
28KB, 938x708px
>be drunk every single day for last year and a half
>promise myself that when i get a job i will work on quitting
>just bombed another job interview

well, back to it
>>
>>8462606
Sounds like you're looking for excuses not results.
>>
File: pink.jpg (64KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
64KB, 639x960px
My best and worst friend.
>>
>>8462638
what is it
>>
>>8462642
speed
>>
>>8462606
>Spend eight years being a drunk yet getting the job done.
>Boss and I are super cool with each other.
>New hire complains to HR that I threatened to cut his balls off and feed them to my dog.
>Don't even own a dog.
>Get fired.
>Stay drunk.
>>
>>8462786
The terrible movie with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock?
>>
>>8462786

You gotta kick the habit, compadre
>>
every morning when i walk into my local shop to get my daily booze the shopkeeper gives me that solemn look like he feels bad for me but can't say anything

you guys know that look from your guy?
>>
>>8462838
>not having 3-4 local places to buy your alcohol so that they still have that look but they have no real idea the extent of your drinking
sometimes I get lazy and buy from the same place 4-5 days in a row and they start giving me that look you're speaking of
>>
File: alcoholism.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholism.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>8462901
I got 8 places in driving distance so its easy for me to hide

save for the one guy who runs the bottle redemption place, but I'm only another number in line on the Thursday morning alkie cash desperation run
>>
>>8462606
be me
>Rejected from military for cyst on ass
>Laid off job at transfer/recycling center so old guy with seniority could come back after heart attack
>Left job at nursing home because couldn't afford the gas to do the 40 minute trip on minimum wage
>worked for father on contracting job, father does not like me and only has me do job site cleaning
>still waiting for response after three months from D.O.T.
>do odd jobs with skeevy guy moving people every now and again

hang in there anon
>>
>>8463059
>Gf pissed at me
>Bottle of whiskey getting worryingly low

If I don't buy a new bottle that's good right?
>>
>>8463079
good for now, I always found that its the morning drinking that creates trouble

as for GF not much I can with on that, been going stag for three years after last GF left me
>>
Mall drinker here

Day #6 m8's. Have a good 24
>>
>>8463137
y-you too
>>
>>8450581
I'm drinking at work right now. Been here for 3 hours and haven't done a a single thing except check my email and make an appointment for next Monday. I have clients coming in at 1pm.
>>
>>8463164
Hello fellow degenerate. I'm currently on my lunch break working on a six pack in my car. Gotta drink em fast before they get warm!
>>
>>8462815
Taking speed and showing up to work straight from the party is easier than going to sleep and waking up hungover.
>>
>>8453468
no Smirnoff dude is a british (pretty sure) guy who was in SUPER deep last I heard. Like, liters and liters of vodka all day every day for years, on the verge of death, eyesight failing shit.

He's either dead or in rehab, I'm thinking probably the former but idk
>>
>>8463219
Assuming all the stuff he said is true, he is the worst I have ever seen. How anyone can drink that much and live is beyond me.
>>
>go into mental health place to try to get alcoholism treatment
>everything goes fine finish paperwork and go to my room to finish assessment
>take my vitals
>BP is high but whatever I'm an alcoholic
>suddenly the nurse girl pulls out breathalyzer
>had like 5 shots immediately before walking into the place
>spill my spaghetti but do breathalyzer
>Blow .075
>they let me drive myself him because I am not obviously intoxicated despite reading
>go to bathroom to throw up
Someone should have told me they'd be taking my bac dammit
>>
>>8463622
I'm confused
You tried to voluntarily check into a rehab/mental health clinic for alcoholism and they told you to go home because you didn't blow a 0.08?
Do you have to be shitfaced to get psychiatric help now?
>>
>>8463628
i think its because he had alcohol in his system period
>>
>>8463628
No I got admitted but they had to check to make sure I could drive myself home
I don't know what happens if you blow a .08 but I take it that whatever happens costs money I'll barely have after treatment
>>
>>8463633
That makes even less sense
>>
hello
>>
kill me
>>
>>8463727
*kills you*
>>
I'd love to drink every day, but I love money and not failing out more. Will this fuck me up after I graduate university and realize money isn't everything? Am I just over-worrying?
>>
File: jaeger.jpg (22KB, 194x445px) Image search: [Google]
jaeger.jpg
22KB, 194x445px
this shit is so disgusting, can I mix it with anything? please help

got a bottle for christmas, i dont usually drink liquor
>>
>>8464010
No because if you don't like to fail at school you'll hate failing at your job even more.
You'll probably still get fucked up regularly but you'll keep it within certain tolerances so you can spend your mornings hungover but working
>>
I got today off and have been drinking lightly all day. Feels good, man :3
>>
im developing the biggest fucking gut
>>
Could anybody give me some yous? I'm a sad drinker today and never get yous.
>>
File: 1479752942699.png (1MB, 641x888px) Image search: [Google]
1479752942699.png
1MB, 641x888px
>>8464090
kot wishes you a blessed friday night
>>
>>8464077
jager + red bull and do jager bombs?

>>8464090
(yew)
>>
>>8464090
from one sad drinker to another
>>
>>8464095
stay sober kitty
>>
File: 1483803911098.png (24KB, 534x572px) Image search: [Google]
1483803911098.png
24KB, 534x572px
>go on tinder date
>goes really well
>i drink a lot before because im nervous, and also an alcoholic
>have quite a few rounds at the bar with her
>bring her back to mine
>can't get it up because im trashed
>ask her if she'd like to watch a film and cuddle
>she gets really short with me and leaves
>text her the next day asking if she'd like to go on a second date
>3 days later no reply

kill me
>>
>>8453905
I only lasted 8 days.

I used to live in Tasmania and vividly remember sitting out on my deck overlooking the ocean, drinking many beers. Good times. I miss those times.
>>
>>8464248
You gotta be real careful on predate drinks. I used to do the same thing.
The trick is to catch just a light buzz, but be patient. Never drink enough to really get all the anxiety out. And then right before you leave, take another half-shot of liquor.

Then stick to beers on the date.
>>
>>8464248
Mate I had a tinder date with a qt on Monday and it didn't go as well as it could. Texted her on Tuesday and it took like 6 hours for her to respond. Haven't heard anything since. I probably should have sent her something after she responded but I was preoccupied banging out a different tinder on Tuesday night and was hungover weds.

Now I'm here drinking heavy and sad I didn't have my shit together on Monday. Fuck dating in post cellphone America
>>
wew lads the cravings are pretty bad
>>
>>8464924

Fight em m8
>>
>>8459416
Keep it up my friend. I've been working a lot these past couple weeks so I haven't been able to stop in and check on you lately. Glad you're getting back to trying sobriety
>>
>>8460865
ayyyyyy
>>
>>8463137
Keep at it man, I'm cheering for you
>>
>>8465209

thanks anon. a lot of shit was looking pretty grim for a while. kicked out of work for a while but I'm allowed back soon.

at least I'm surrounded by people who give a fugg.

have a good night m8!
>>
>>8465218
thanks man :D
>>
>>8464086
me too but it sure as shit isn't from food. probably ascites. no yellow eyes or skin yet though
>>
>>8464090
days i've been forced to be sober have been the best days of my life for the last twenty years. just don't fuckin do it, man, i know it sounds hard, and goddamn is it ever, but it's worth it. i just set a target of toughing it out until 2 am, that's all i have to do, then the stores close and i'm good until tomorrow.
watch a lot of tv, i haven't slept in my bed for months, just my recliner in front of the tv
>>
>go to doctor for follow up
>I want to do some more blood work for liver function and check your levels

Welp... Cat is out of the bag, I guess.
>>
>>8465255
just got done at the doctor for that, platelet levels to be precise
normal is 150, they used to be 60, now at about 120
>>
took 1mg of klonopin to calm my urges, not sure if that counts against my sobriety. it is prescribed but not exactly in this manner. oh well better than losing myself in a week long alcohol induced haze.
>>
>>8465475

Day 3 here. Struggling.
>>
File: trois-pistoles.jpg (238KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
trois-pistoles.jpg
238KB, 1200x1600px
>>
To have a coffee or to not have a coffee?

Sometimes it kills the buzz but other times it makes it better.
>>
>>8464090
>>
Decided to see what vanilla extract was like after I ran out last night. Puked.
>>
>>8467048
Damn dude that's like mouthwash drinking tier pathetic.
>>
>>8465489

Howd the night go anon?
>>
>>8451284
This is terrifying. As everyone here mentioned, get to a hospital.
>>
>>8467185
I've already done that before so I just checked another off my list. I never really drink foreign stuff, it's just that I have.
>>
>>8462901
I lived in a place once and less than a block away from it on the corner, they sold beer and wine. I'd buy from there every day and only one old chinese guy ran the store, I didn't even care. He saw me every day and we never talked to each other besides saying our thank you's. It's not even a big deal.
>>
what do you drunks think of baileys, and how do I make those bottles last longer? shit's expensive and too easy to drink pure.
mix it with chocolate milk? maybe coffee but I don't like alcohol in warm drinks
>>
>>8467596
I used to use it in milkshakes
It is low alc tho so just buy good vodca and make the same drinks
>>
So I decided to get drunk tonight.

4 hours later and I'm barely through my second cider. Haven't even touched the wine. Keep forgetting to drink.

How do you lads do it?
>>
>>8467833
I do it by enjoying drinking and being drunk.
>>
>>8463260
How much did he drink daily? I only saw the pic of a huge case full of empty Smirnoff bottles.
>>
>>8467833
Man, haven't you been reading these threads? I'm not saying go dry, but you shouldn't be trying to make yourself drink more than you do naturally.
>>
>>8467984
I was trying to get drunk and forget my problems but dinner made me full up and gaming distracted me.
>>
>>8452644
and yet, mostly alcoholics get this condition. i wonder........
>>
what are my fellow drunks up to tonight?
>>
>>8468032
No need to wonder. Medical science has it all figured out for you. You're simply wrong. You also lack awareness of confirmation bias and the dangers of anecdotal evidence. You have thus failed the society you live in.
>>
>>8467833
watch netflix and do a drinking game
>>
>>8468219
caved and bought a 15 pack of cheap beer
sayonara sobriety-kun
>>
No single moment is unbearable.
>>
>>8450581
Same. Coming off of a savage three day bender. I can't believe how much of that stuff I put into my body. Now I'm all jittery, but I don't think I can get out of bed to make it to the store. I probably couldn't even keep some whiskey down if I get it.
>>
>>8450581
Well, I downed a pint of pinnacle vodka through the afternoon and opened a bottle of homemade wine in the back bedroom that I've been sneaking shots of. Feels pretty good really, as long as I don't think about waking up and starting it all over again tomorrow.
>>
got drunk last night after a week of sobriety, when i had just started to feel halfway decent and human again. woke up this morning very hungover but i could get up and move around and get some water, then the fear hit me. been drinking all day to try to get it to go away since. this canadian whiskey is pussy shit. but i think it's gone. it's weird, last weekend i drank a handle of cheap vodka from friday till sunday and exercised and had basically no withdrawal symptoms at all, and im 2/3 of the way through this canadian whiskey this weekend and i'm going nuts as hell and about to jump out of my skin at every little thing and it feels like every bad thing i've ever done or heard of or thought of is going to come out of the past and eat me. Augh yeah folks alcoholism folks augh yeah folks :D
>>
how do i know how much alcohol is too much??? ive had a good amount of beers. im tired and i have a headache but i want to maintain this feeling. i dont want to go to sleep and end it. i only feel happy when i drink. every other moment is misery.
>>
>>8469042
too much is when you just wake up the next day and don't remember shit. also you are probably an alcohol already so take comfort in that.
>>
>>8468032
could easily be something loosely associated with alcohol, like a nutrient deficiency
>>
I just got my financial aid and want to get a nice bottle of unflavored vodka that's more expensive than Luksusowa. What get?
>>
File: IMG_0791.jpg (374KB, 968x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0791.jpg
374KB, 968x1296px
just tested the home made gun m8s
>>
Work shitty job, have no social life, up to 3 40ozs a night of 211. Life is hell.
>>
>>8469296
high five
>>
any of you lads ever seizured before?
think i had one once while i was asleep, woke up with blood all over my pillows and my tongue so swollen i couldn't eat for 3 days. think i bit it during a seizure in my sleep. bad times.
>>
>>8469321
Please see a medical professional.
>>
>>8469321
yea once

it was cool
>>
>>8467990
Stop drinking immediately, it's clear that you don't need to. Stop being such an impressionable bitch.
Do not drink more than you naturally want to.
>>
>>8469020
Augh yeah...
Augh yeah folks.
>>
>>8469326
already did, but was through withdrawals already

>>8469360
wasn't very cool for me imo
>>
>>8469249
Well I'm not sure what you mean by this as the saying goes. What are you up to over there lad.
>>
>>8451284
this is either gr8 b8 or the saddest thing ive read in a while
>>
>>8469635
honestly, there isn't much bait in these threads
>>
>head to gas station to pick up beer
>>Sorry bud it's after 3, i cant sell you that

fugg
>>
Holy fuck is this thread depressing (not meaning it in a condescending way).
Needless to say I don't visit /ck/ often but I hope you get better anons.
>>
>>8451284
You need medical help to quit at this point
>>
Its 642 am

Any other anons browsing /ck/ with a bottle of booze in bed?
>>
>>8467266

Day 5 now. I'm ok. Have a real craving but not going to break. Might have a beer later in the week with a friend though but will be staying away from the hard stuff.
>>
>>8469967
>be me
>out for smoke with SO
> Shit, shes up
>try to go upstairs fast
> up stairs. Anon, whats that smell? Are you drinking again?
> n-no
>>
What's the best whiskey for sours? Preferably affordable but not dirt cheap garbage.
>>
hmm i ruined my couple weeks of sobriety
not sure if i should go get some more beers later or not
>>
>>8471198
do it pussy
>>
>>8467990
The trick is to put down as many as you can before dinner. I usually drink a lot (pint or so of whiskey) while I'm cooking. But then by the time I'm finished I'm not hungry and then just put dinner straight in the fridge. I don't recommend it, but inquiring minds want to know.
>>
>>8471324
k
>>
>>8470052
See which one you like more out of Jack and Maker's Mark. They taste very different but should apply to your price range.
>>
>>8469321
A friend of mine had one while we were on a road trip. Luckily I was the one driving. I told him to just have a few beers, but I guess having another seizure was a better idea to him.
>>
>>8471422
What was it like?
Did he say how he felt before hand? Were there any warning signs?
>>
>>8470052
George DIckel 12
>>
>>8471455
we started off from my place and he had to have me drive because he was getting that crazy withdrawal anxiety. Then he got really delerious a few about four hours down the road and I suddenly just heard him choking and gagging in the back seat. He had blood and mucous running all down his shirt and it took about an hour for him to become coherent again. It was really fucked up. He's still alive and still drinks. He recently told me that he knows he's going to die from it and he doesn't care. His life though. I'll miss him when he goes.
>>
Was sober since new years, then got a check in the mail randomly and couldn't resist, drank 3 days in a row and also did opiates every day as well. im now coming back to sober reality and it sucks so bad. wish i didnt fuck up
>>
>>8471578
Same here! Well, minus the opiates. Lately I wish I just had 10 grand or so to properly go balls out "Leaving Las Vegas" style.
>>
Damn, now I'm thinking about smirnoff guy. I doubt I'll ever know what became of him though.
>>
>>8469244
Die welfare scum.
>>
File: IMG_2342.jpg (59KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2342.jpg
59KB, 395x395px
I've cut down tremendously and I feel fantastic

No withdrawal effects whatsoever.

Tapering is the way to go.
>>
>>8471638
probably in the hospital
>>
>>8469321
>>8471422
My brother almost died this way, he got his second dui and the courts forced him into AA and probation in lieu of a year in jail and he seized up walking on the sidewalk and fell head first. Went into a medically induced coma, my parents were a wreck but he managed to pull through. First night home, he went to a bar and got hammered. Some people just don't give a fuck I guess.
>>
>>8471638
Either dead or near death. Either way, do you think there'd be a happy ending to that story. He's on a nice farm upstate and he's very happy there, little Timmy. Better?
>>
>>8471603
Get a credit card. If you're not getting about 2 offers in the mail/day you're really fucked.
>>
>>8471674
A little, yeah. How do you know name?
>>
>>8471683
That's a solid plan. Do you think they would take all my prized posessions post-mortem? I'm not sure I could die happy knowing I could be buried without my bootleg dvds and Malibu Barbie penis pump.
>>
>>8450581
My weak spot is beer, i drink on an average 5 beers a day, i dont have any problems with work or family but when i get home from a hard days work i just fucking LOVEthe sweet taste of a nice cold beer, only time i dont drink beer is after i go swiming, seems pointless to work out and then fuck it up with beer... but its hard, i have to fight it every time.
>>
>>8471693
I was phone.
>>
>>8451284
for a guy fucked up all the time you sure do spell and type well
>>
got a 36 pack of kokanee
was really loaded last night and kept shooting blank rounds out of my shotgun :/
wew lads
>>
Almost done with day 6.
For some reason the withdrawal effects change every time I do it. For example, I still sweat a lot at night and also wake up having to frantically scratch my back. It was way worse years ago when I only drank 2-3litres of beer a night.
Tonight was also the first night I wanted a drink. Out of sheer boredom, though.
>>
File: 20170115_224811-1.jpg (853KB, 2512x1990px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_224811-1.jpg
853KB, 2512x1990px
1. Are bitters a meme?

2. Where can I buy Absinthe?

rate my bar if you want, also
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.