[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help please, my fellow chefs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 0104171510.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0104171510.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
So here's the low down. I was put in charge of making a valentines day menu for my kitchen. Fuck doing holiday entre specials for party reservations, kitchen isn't big enough to handle that and normal dinner service. So I suggested doing a tapas menu.

Back to what I originally want to get at, sorry for the back story was actually pointlessly said. I want to do a sliced duck breast on a brown sugar/graham esque cracker topped with a drop of coffee insused demi. Only thing I can't completely figure how to do is the cracker. I want it taste like how the shell of a cheese cake would taste, maybe not as sweet. All I can think of how to do it is

>make cheese cake shell mixture
> portion and shape out individual crackers.
>then bake

Never made crackers before, and no idea if what I think will work. Please fellow chefs, help a starving chef in need.
>>
>>8450110
Cheese cake is pretty easy if you have a good mixer, you just mix it up bake and refrigerate it. In your case I would do them on a sheet tray with a pastry bag.

If you don't want it to be so sweet then just don't add as much sugar...it shouldn't affect the consistency at all. Just pipe that shit out.

Your problem is that it's going to melt under a demi. You'd have to freeze those bitches or plate them off to the side away from the hot duck and hot demi or it'll just be a cream cheese soup by the time it hits the table.

How many covers are you doing?
>>
Cheesecake recipe thread it is then.
>>
>>8450110

in what world do you live in where that sounds like it'd be considered a "good dish"?

walk me through your thought process, anon.. i'm not being a dick; i'm trying to talk you down off that ledge you're currently on.
>>
OP, do a seed/nut based cracker
>>
>>8450828
This.
>>
>>8450110

Parmesan crackers are your answer.
if you need grain based crackers, salt and pepper crackers are dead easy

that thing you posted looks like ass on a plate. bleh
>>
>>8450877
Duck and parmesan cheese sounds profane, but then again I've never had it.
>>
>>8450110
>>8450792
OP, I gotta say I'm not sure about this duck/graham cracker thing either.

>>8450828
This seems better.
>>
>>8450893

cheddar cheese and kimchi is a really good combo.. i know that your initial reaction is to be repulsed, but it's delicious. duck/parm could be ok if done right, i think.

i would do a tartlet or tartin if OP is dead set on using coffee whatever. you could do a savory cheesecake with duck as long as you have a crunchy component and a starchy component but coffee/cheesecake with duck sounds really not good.
>>
Alright OP, Here you go. The duck/parm thing got me thinking, and I know duck/blue cheese goes great together. So I found a roquefort/poppyseed cracker recipe from bon appetite.
give this a go.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/article/roquefort-crackers
>>
Judging from what i see in the op's pic this resturant is going to go down in flames. Dont worry about the holiday op, worry about how you are going to pay your bills next month
>>
>>8450877
I know right?

>look mom! I put a balsamic reduction on a plate!
>>
>>8450960
>>8450976

yeah man..

that's what my dinners look like at home when i make a protein/vegetable/starch combo and hit it with some sauce..

OP, what kind of duck are you getting? is it good? how do you plan on cooking the breasts? are you good at cooking duck breast?

IMO you could do a duck leg confit with the cheesecake, some kind of gastrique, and some fennel chips with like micro arugula. as someone else suggested, do a bleu cheese based cheese cake base.

i have like half a boner thinking about eating that rn
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.