[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys enjoy eating at those Chinese all you can eat buffets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (35KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
35KB, 384x384px
Do you guys enjoy eating at those Chinese all you can eat buffets?

My family loves them, but I find the food kinda soul less. Also trashy people everywhere.
>>
>>8449513

I don't care for them. The food is usually shitty. I'll take quality over volume any day.
>>
>>8449516
Agreed.
>>
They usually are kinda shitty. There is one by me that's halfway decent though and pretty cheap.
Finding a good takeout place is usually better.
>>
>>8449513
No
>Meet parents & cheap aunt at chinese buffet
>go to stir fry station
>fill plate with veggies, meat, noodles
>waiting in line for my turn for food to be cooked
>last thing before guy with wok are all the different sauces
>watch woman in front of me sip every sauce from the ladle in each sauce
>throw my plate down & leave
>>
File: muffin-or.jpg (47KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
muffin-or.jpg
47KB, 480x468px
> Chinese buffet
> pudding
> french fries
> tater tots

anyone else seen this ? kek
>>
>>8449929
Don't forget lukewarm, thin, bland as shit pizza
>>
>>8449513
I use to go to one where the waitresses would watch you like a hawk, to make sure you left a tip.
>>
One of the 700 Chinese buffets that is close to me has lo mane that makes me violently sick every time I eat it. I think it's either really old, they reserve uneaten noodles or they put a shit ton of sauce in it. A lot of cheap Chinese buffets recycle their rice and noodles.
>>
>>8449906
>woman in front of me sip every sauce from the ladle
jesus christ, people like that should be shot
>>
>>8449906
I would have videoed that with my phone and posted on reddit. Then the internet would lose its mind and they would be shamed into hiding.

posting on 4 chan would not have the desired effect.
>>
>>8450012
>lo mane
>mane
made me kek
>>
File: asiandoughnuts.jpg (393KB, 1300x870px) Image search: [Google]
asiandoughnuts.jpg
393KB, 1300x870px
>>8449513
I love Chinese Buffets. I admit they aren't as good as discrete take-out places but I get to eat as many egg rolls, crab rangoons, stiry-fry, and sushi as I want and then fill up on these things for dessert. All for about $6-8.
>>
>>8449513
Chinese buffets are only good when it is grand opening time when the Chinese owners are trying to impress.
>>
>>8449513
Buffets are cool when I want diversity over quality

Like, when I want to eat four different meats and 3 different desserts.
>>
>>8450142
Lucky basterd.

My nearest Chinese buffet is 10.95 per person.
>>
>>8450142
This.

Chinese buffets are good for: szechuan green beans (which just get better the longer they sit on the steam table), spring rolls, chow mei fun, and eating way, way too many deep-fried, sugar-coated doughnuts.
>>
I like them.

Chocolate fountain
Sushi
And special

I even out my charge for entry with salmon sushi, meats and fish.

I don't fill up on rice, veggies or noodles.
>>
Oh fuck yes. There was one within walking distance of my high school. At least once a week we would go there and gorge and bring tupperwares in our backpacks. 10 dollars all you can eat and lunch for the next couple days. Love shitty american chinese in general.
>>
Chinese buffets are my go to "holy fuck I hate myself time to drown it out in tons of fatty salty food" restaurant type
>>
>>8449513
Only worth it if they have crab legs

If not I'd rather just get a normal portion of American Chinese
>>
>>8449513
they charge way more than the hill billy or indian buffets
>>
>>8451296
But you need to get there before the Russians have eaten all the crab legs
>>
>>8449513
Guilty pleasure, I usually like shit like:
>crab legs
>stuffed fake crab shells
>cheese-covered scallops
>baked shrimp
>coconut shrimp
>sole fillet
>cheese mussels (but these almost always taste off)
>sauteed mushrooms
>teppanyaki
>>
>>8451309
I fucking love crab Rangoon. The only place near me that has good Rangoon is half an hour away, and if you don't get it fresh it dries up due to the heat, but oh buddy if you managed to catch a fresh batch HOOO WEE that shit's good.

Otherwise I mostly eat white rice and add some of the chicken and vegetables stuff. They also have a grill you can give stuff to a chef to cook, but I'm an asshole that hates tipping but I'd feel like an even bigger asshole if I didn't tip him.
>>
>>8451309
>coconut shrimp
wat
>>
File: coconut.jpg (95KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
coconut.jpg
95KB, 700x525px
>>8453050
Coconut shrimp is pic related. They have huge fields of these and they feed them coconut.

So it's not actualy shrimp but crab.
>>
File: 1437957667838.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1437957667838.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>8450539
People actually do this?
>>
>>8453114

but that's not true you fool.

>>8453050
Shrimp with grated coconut on them.
>>
File: coconut_shrimp.jpg (13KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
coconut_shrimp.jpg
13KB, 350x232px
>>8453136
>>8453114
>>8453050

kek
this is genuine szechuan coconut shrimp
>>
I feel really bad for the Asians who work at those places. Mine are usually full of trashy rednecks and ghetto blacks.
>>
there used to be this place called super buffet and it was GREAT!
found it by accident and would drive 40 minutes just to go there

here's the thing, it was super cheap, only $5 all you can eat and I don't remember any other people ever being there, just me and my friends, and I don't know how long it was open for but I was going there for well over a year before it suddenly one day wasn't there anymore. Without warning it just shut down and the building was emptied out

I'm pretty sure the restaurant was just a front for a money laundering operation for the triads, but hey, the food was good and the price was unbeatable
>>
Only place where I can get frogs legs
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.