[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys tried gutter oil ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: gutter-oil.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gutter-oil.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
>>
File: Chimp Fuck This Shit.gif (866KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
Chimp Fuck This Shit.gif
866KB, 352x224px
>>8449270
>>
It is generally a myth now. Consumers and businesses in China by and large, are aware of "gutter oil" and neither produce nor use it for cooking. Gutter oil was/is used in extremely destitute areas where actual cooking oil was/is unavailable.
>>
>>8449287
lets hope so. I think they could still use it as biofuel, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the time.
>>
>>8449287
Now that China's economy is slowing, portions of the 277 million people from rural areas that went to the big cities for work are now leaving, taking their poor hygiene with them.
>>
>>8449338
Although a portion of China––both in people and locale––are hella impoverished, the bottom line is that consumers and businesses in China know about gutter oil and will not cook with it. When the likes of gutter oil and baby formula became big news in China, the people learned about the potential health effects of questionable consumables through the highly publicized deaths of their compatriots. So, China does not produce such things for its country or people; China only produces these things for other countries (lol).
>>
Would I be understanding this correctly if my position were that the individuals in this video are collecting oil which has been expelled from motor vehicles and has flown down the drain in order to collect it and sell it as a food product?
>>
>>8449287
I wish. Last time I visited, the soy cooking oil my relatives bought was red. It's supposed to be light yellow.
>>
>>8449825
no I'm pretty sure those drains are for dumping used cooking oil, cars don't expel much oil when they're leaking.
>>
>>8449829
You would be surprised just how many people have rancid oil in their pantries.

Oil is the one product that I buy the smallest size needed. Keep it in the fridge to keep it fresh longer.

Before using any type of vegetable oil smell it. if it smells bitter it is most likely bad. It only takes a month or two after opening to go bad and rancid/bad oil is actually very hard on your liver.
>>
>>8449861
I don't think so, used cooking oil is actually valuable. I worked in a restaurant that had a grease trap behind that we payed a company to pick up. They complained that someone was taking the grease. Which lets you know that it is worth something.

Households & apartments may put some oil down the drain which is probably a good bit of what is gutter oil is, but I doubt that is restaurant oil waste.
>>
>>8449892
well it's definitely not fucking car oil
>>
>>8449877
Agreed. I would say taste it after you smell it if it's old, but smells OK to you, though. Sometimes the off characteristics come out in taste much more than smell.
>>
>>8450128
funny thing, on Mythbusters they actually used used cooking oil to run a car
>>
>>8449270
>It's super cheap to live in China anon!
Holy shit I am so glad I didn't take a job teaching English in the mainland now. Good thing the Yuan has hit rock fucking bottom or I'd be there right now.
>>
>>8450255
you can filter used frying oil and use that to run diesel engines. the smoke actually smells like fries
>>
>>8450128
The only vague hint we get is when what she takes in the bucket is being mixed into a vat at a processing plant. The other stuff in the vat that its being mixed into is referred to as "other animal fat refuse"

"other" maybe implying that what she originally got was also animal fat refuse?

I just want to know what the fuck shes scooping out of the street REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.