[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here brew their own?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170109_190202.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170109_190202.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anybody here brew their own?
>>
>>8449191
i used to but its just more work than its worth so i stopped
>>
>>8449203

How so? It takes 15min to put a kit on.

Do cider/wine and you don't have to piss about with bottles and carbonation. Just put it in jerry cans/2L coke bottles.
>>
>>8449246
The boil generally takes an hour. Then you have to cool it before pitching the yeast. Then you have to bottle it. Kits here generally end up being $1 per 12oz bottle made. It is fun and helps you learn about beer but is usually not way tastier or economical.
>>
>>8449258

Fair enough. Have you checked out the grainfather? If you have the money of course. But they are very good.

Also have you tried any kits that come in a dual pouch? They are much better than cans. Check out mangrove jacks / make your own range, depending on where you are from.

Ever thought about having a go at distilling you own?
>>
>>8449276
I made a still in college but I think my mash was shit because it tasted like shit. Was flammable though.
The kits I got were pretty good. Malt extract, some fresh ground malt for steeping, liquid yeast, and pressed hops. The store is one of the only ones around so I trust them when they say at most the extract and grains are a month old. Plus they produce their own extract.
>>
File: DSCN0182.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px)
DSCN0182.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
>>8449191
yes
>>
>>8449191
I've just started making my own wine, 30$ for 20L, roughly 30 min work = worth, since i live in sweden where alcohole is taxed way to much, usually a ok 3L wine is 25$
>>
>>8449299
alcohol*
>>
>>8449286

Fair play. Did you ever try using turbo's? Excellent for producing consistent clean distillate. You just need to find a flavour / liqueur you like. Or even re distilling it with botanicals / peat grains

>>8449292
Looks good what is it?

>>8449299
Yeah I don't blame you, alcohol is massively taxed in Scandinavia. What did you use?
>>
>>8449286

Forgot to add, you can do whisky turbo's with LME
>>
>>8449309
it was supposed to be a strawberry pale ale but i added the strawberries too early so you couldn't taste the strawberries

it was still beer tho

way too much work for beer

i prefer buying it
>>
>>8449258
>kits $1/ bottle

You really start saving money when you go to all grain. My average 5 gallon batch ends up being abou $.50 / bottle. My blueberry wines are dirt cheap since I pick my own berrys for $9.00 a gallon and use 2.5 gallons for a 5 gallon batch. My meads are cheap because I have a supplier that sells me 5 gallons of honey for $145 and I use 1 gallon per 5 gallons of mead.

So you can produce very good quality stuff for a lot less.
>>
>>8449292
dude that looks like diarrhea what did you do
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.