[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brew Names

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Global-Beer-Brands.jpg (140KB, 544x350px) Image search: [Google]
Global-Beer-Brands.jpg
140KB, 544x350px
Hey guys, there are a few different beer threads going, so I figured I'd throw another one up.

I've only been homebrewing for about 3 years now, but I am certain that I want to become a Brewer professionally. That's a few years down the line however.

What I need help with from you guys is names. I've never tried to come up with creative names for my brews, the only one I actually named outside of its style was a Brittish Brown Ale. I called it Flaming Carboy British Brown Ale, because the day after I had added the yeast the whole thing had blown off and oozed out through the airlock.

Anyways, I know lots of names are result of circumstance or some specific inspiration, but I figured you guys might have some names I could steal. If nothing else let this be a place to discuss and brainstorm with fellow beer intellectuals.
>>
>>8448080
When you say brown ale, do you mean a kit, partial or full mash?

What other kinds of beer do you brew?

Personally the best I have done so far was a wheat beer, but that was from a kit.
>>
>>8448085
When I say British Brown Ale, I am referring the to BJCP style guidelines.

The first batch I made was a dry Irish Stout kit. You know, pre-hopped Malt extract just add water and yeast sorta thing. Second batch was an American pale Ale with amber Malt extract, some specially grains and cascade hops. My third batch I tried all grain. It was a CCC (cascade, centennial, chinook) dry hopped pale Ale, dark gold colour. Since then I've been all grain since.
>>
>>8448085
So far I've brewed:

Dry Irish Stout
APA
IPA
EPA
Coffee Stout
British Brown Ale
British Bitter
Wee Heavy
Cream Ale
American Amber

A few of the more popular styles I've made a couple different batches of. So far I've only one recipe that I've made twice, that Flaming Carboy British Brown. Not because the others weren't good, it's just that there's so much you can make, I like to try different things.

I also like to make fruit wines, and I've got a mead fermenting now. Never done mead before. It smells good so far. Very slow fermentation though.
>>
>>8448117
Oh and a few different Wheat ales. I love all the fruit pairings. Also a gluten free Lager.
>>
>>8448117
If you like wheat beers, try a Belgian Wit using the Wyeast liquid yeast. I made one with coriander and bitter orange peel that was exceptional and I generally am not wild about wheat beers.
>>
>>8448117
Brobro... decide what beers you are going to brew regularly before naming them.
>>
IPAs and APAs need corny hop-based pun names duh

>Hopping Mad
>Hip Hop You Don't Stop
>Delicate Hoperation
>Black Hop Mission
>Can't Hop Me Now
>Hop Star
>Karate Hop
>Fully Hoptimized
>Hophthalmologist
>Top of the Hops
>Hop of the Pops
>Hop of the Hops
>Land of Hopportunity (Good for an APA)

It's easy and fun, you try!
>>
>>8448590
Hiphopoppotomus
>>
Send me some stouts man. I've always wanted to try some home-brewed shit (not IPAs though).
>>
>>8448593
Definitely taking that one.

>>8448590
Episode IV: A New Hop
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.