[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to make an actual resembling KFC chicken style crisp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: KFC13.jpg (95KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
KFC13.jpg
95KB, 656x369px
how to make an actual resembling KFC chicken style crisp?
>>
>>8445732
Just double dip in the breading.
>>
>>8445732

You have to be black desu
>>
>>8445797
He is trying to make it not steal it
>>
Pressure fryer
>>
>>8445784
ok but what should I put in the breading
>>8445797
kfc was founded by white boi nigger
>>
>>8445808
this
>>
>>8445808
>Pressure fryer
This. That's why the meat is so oily, it's driven down to the bone and permeates throughout, and, well, why your stomach hurts after dining there and/or diarrhea (many people attest to that).

If you want good fried chicken at home, you should use your cast iron and shallow fry (about 50% up the sides so steam can escape out the top), a buttermilk marinade, and dredge twice, letting the flour, set out on a wire rack to rest a bit to firm up and dry the crust somewhat.
>>
>>8445842
• Drumsticks & Thighs
• Buttermilk
• All Purpose Flour
• Oil for Frying

11 Secret Herbs & Spices:
• 2/3 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Thyme
• 1/2 tsp Basil
• 1/3 tsp Oregano
• 1 tsp Celery Salt
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• 1 tsp Dried Mustard
• 4 tsp Paprika
• 2 tsp Garlic Salt
• 1 tsp Ground Ginger
• 3 tsp White Pepper

1.) Double up on the 11 Secret Herbs & Spices into 2 separate bowls

2.) Coat roughly 8 pieces of chicken in 1 bowl and add buttermilk until the chicken is submerged completely. Cover & refrigerate overnight.

3.) In the second bowl, add 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour

4.) Drain the buttermilk off the chick and place in the flour mixture. Toss your chicken in this and shake it until fully coated.

5.) Deep fry at 350°F for 5 minutes or until golden brown. If your oil is really light you can fry for the entire duration it takes for the internal temperature of the chicken to reach 165°F. But if your oil is dirty, take your chicken out when the color is what you want and then finish it off in the oven. It should take approximately 15-20 additional minutes for the chicken to reach 165°F.

TIP: The drumsticks will most likely finish before the thighs because they are smaller in size.

Bone apple teeth
>>
>>8445861
>>8445872
thanks mates
what do you think about brining and frying in lard? chicken lard would be the best I think but maybe goose lard could also do the trick to better the flavour?
>>
>>8445936
Chicken lard is schmalz, and I don't think it's often used for frying. no. Just use like Wesson brand, kind of a blend of flavorless vegetable oils. Peanut is the high temp preferred oil, but are you going to reuse it? You don't need to go so flavorful, really. In the olden days shortening was popular to reduce greasiness, but yea, trans fats were discovered to be awful byproduct of that hydrogenating process.

Seasoned buttermilk is essentially the substitute for a brine step if you get down to the cellular level, it's best anyway. You should do it for half a day.
>>
>>8445861
and cook it in lard as well
>>
>>8445861
that's broscience bullshit. deep frying works because the water in the meat vaporizes and prevents oil from getting into the meat because of steam pressure. pressure frying is the same but faster so there's more moisture still in the chicken by the time it's done.
>>
>>8445732
Is KFC grilled any good? Looked at the nutrition information online and it actually seems decently healthy.
>>
>>8447750
grilled KFC tastes like shit
It's better for you but cmon you cant go to Kentucky Fried Chicken and not get fried chicken
>>
Is chicken skin essential for a good crust? I tried double frying some skinless tenderloins and the breading just separated from the chicken.
>>
>>8447898
Yes, the breading needs something to adhere to.
>>
>>8445732
Well since it has roots in actual old fried chicken, I'd assume double dipped in some kind of flour (with spices added to it) and a buttermilk coating instead of egg because it's not really airy and chewy, it's a thinner and brittle crisp
I've not gone into a KFC before, but I think they pressure cook it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.