[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey cu/ck/s. My grandfather is coming into town next week and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: CFSteak.jpg (1008KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
CFSteak.jpg
1008KB, 2592x1728px
Hey cu/ck/s. My grandfather is coming into town next week and I plan on making him chicken fried steak for lunch. I have a bit of experience with it, but maybe you guys could help me improve. How do you guys usually like your chicken fried steak prepared? How do you do it personally?
>>
>>8441941
Personally I fry it.
>>
>>8441956
Thanks buddy. Maybe I'll try that next time.
>>
i pound it flat and brine it in buttermilk
>>
>>8441941
Its a simple dish made with cheap ingredients.
Technique is important, but its still garbage food. The only way to step up the game is to use a better grade of beef and have the butcher cube it for you. Otherwise you still have cheap, stringy meat with gristle.
Maybe you can make a really good sausage gravy to go with it. Again the recipe is simple so the only way you can step it up is to use better starting ingredients and perfect technique.
Its kind of like trying to polish a turd, its chicken fried steak for Christs sake. It is a greasy piece of cheap breaded meat, slathered in crap, by definition. You can attempt to make anything upscale I guess. How much inheritance is grandpa leaving you? Does he have real estate?
>>
>>8441990
How long do you brine it? I have issues with the meat falling apart if I handle it too much.
>>
AYo burgers tell me, is it true you cook with beer?
>>
>>8442030
I'm just making it to be nice, buddy. No need to go on an elitist rampage. He is old and he likes it, so what is the issue? Sorry that the only people you have to cook for are the angry voices in your head.
>>
>>8442038
Beer? Isn't that Worcestershire sauce?
I could see that as being a pretty good "pseudo-brine". Anyway, who the fuck brines beef? Just salt and pepper it, and use MSG containing salt for good measure.
>>
>>8442047
You said you wanted to make it better, and I gave you legitimate suggestions.
Fuck you if you dont appreciate the help. I hope grandpa has pancreatic cancer.
>>
>>8442038
Amerifat here. If I'm drinking while I'm cooking I always put in a little bit...my mom taught me that.
>>
>>8442053
I usually let it soak for a bit so the flour actually sticks. Not more than a few minutes, though..

>>8442058
Heh kid...better watch that edge.
>>
>>8441941
there's literally a thousand recipes for pan fried chicken, just google it and pick whichever looks good

if you're a beginner one suggestion I have is to stay away from marinades etc. which use real chunks of ingredients (e.g. chopped garlic) as it' not too difficult to burn these
>>
>>8441941
Beef or pork that's gone through the jaccard process, covered and left to reach room temperature.
Mix a bit of salt and pepper into flour.
Beat an egg and add a few splashes of worcestershire or hotsauce or fishsauce or vinegar or sambal or whatever you have in the fridge, you get the idea.
If using plain breadcrumbs, you may want to finely shred some hard italian-style cheese into it and add some dried herbs, or add a bit of peanut powder and some red pepper flakes, change it up depending on what you used in the egg wash. I prefer to make breadcrumbs from old sourdough, but it burns really, really fast if you don't watch it constantly.
Coat all the meat in flour, shake off the excess. Let it set for a little, until you can see a few damp areas develop in the coating. Then egg wash, crumb coat, pan fry. I like peanut oil, refined olive oil works well also.
>>
>>8441941

did this recently actually. Bought a big piece of top round, put it in the freezer for an hour to firm it up then cut it into 1/2 inch steaks. Used a knife to cube it on both sides then hit it with the jaccard for good measure - whack it a few times with a rolling pin too. so that's the prep of the steaks

from there I just make a basic dry-only flour dredge with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Cast iron with 1/2 inch of oil at 370f, like a minute on each side
>>
Get some venison backstrap and fry that instead.
>>
>>8441941
Coming from WV myself (grew up eating "country" food) and just being someone who cooks what they like, my advice is not going to be super fancy or anything but I guarantee it will taste good.

Instead of making a white "country" gravy to go with the steak you can make a great gravy out of the pan drippings. Same thing I do with fried chicken. I always fry my chicken in the skillet, after its done I take a bit of the oil out and start making a roux with what's left. After that's done I take some cold milk and start to whisk it in until it thickens. After it thickens my secret ingredient is a bouillon cube or two (chicken for chicken and beef for beef obv). After that incorporates taste it and add pepper/salt to your liking. I will probably get shit on for the bouillon cube but everyone who has my gravy always says how good it is and I attribute that to the cube.

Alternatively you could always just make baked steak with the cubed steak you have. It's very easy. Cover meat in seasoned flavor, sear on both sides to get a nice crust going. Take them out, add a shit ton of onions to the skillet and cook em for a couple mins. After that add the steaks back him, add some beef broth or water with a bouillon cube until it just barely reaches the top of the meat and simmer away until the meat can easily be cut with a fork. This should basically make it's own gravy too.
>>
>>8442180
>breadcrumbs
I hope you don't fry tendies like this too
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.