[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my Chilli /ck/ Even after putting all the ingredients in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: MyChilli.jpg (329KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
MyChilli.jpg
329KB, 1536x2048px
Rate my Chilli /ck/

Even after putting all the ingredients in there, is there any last minute things I can do to make it taste better?
>>
>>8441652
heres a close up picture
>>
>>8441652
Can't rate without tasting, but extra paprika or even a pinch of smoked paprika is a good secret weapon.
>>
Looks pretty generic not that there's anything wrong with that, do you do anything special with the sauce besides chili powder?
>>
>>8441665
Nope just chilli powder for now, what else should I add?
>>
>>8441664
>>8441667
added some more paprika and black pepper
>>
Holy shit that is enough for 20 people.
MSG is amazing in chili. Hope you used some.
"last minute things" are called toppings. You need oyster crackers, good crusty bread, cheese, sour cream, diced onion, hot sauce, and other toppings. Let your guests add their preferences and textures. You supply a solid base, let them customize it.
>>
Chili is more fun if you have a secret ingredient like a splash of a certain brand of beer or a spoon of instant coffee or something. It's a good base to experiment with because it's nearly impossible to fuck up.
>>
oh great, now i need a chili dog, thanks asshole.
>>
>>8441652
>>8441659
Black pepper, Paprika, too late for white onion, maybe Jalapeño or Habañero seeds if you like that kind of heat in chili, maybe salt. But I wouldn't fuck with that too much more
>>
>>8441702
The biggest game changer for me was adding some chipotle peppers and sauce to my chili. Completely changes the flavor profile
>>
File: Jalapeno_Powder.jpg (152KB, 890x1504px) Image search: [Google]
Jalapeno_Powder.jpg
152KB, 890x1504px
>>8441701
It's meant to last a while. Unfortunately I don't have any MSG at the moment but I do have all that other stuff for the people who want to eat it
>>8441774
Already has all those ingredients thankfully. I'm probably gonna add some of this into my own dish
>>
>>8441702
One of my favorites is adding pumpkin, it's a great fall chili and it really thickens up the base without being overpowering in flavor.
>>
>>8441797
That's an interesting idea. I think I'll try that next time I make a batch. I'll probably roast it to get some caramalisation on it and then puree it.
>>
replace meat with lentils. Meat really doesn't belong in chili. meat has a rank taste to it. Meat ruins chili.
>>
>>8442044
Retard.
>>
File: LentilBlackBeanChiliWideshot.jpg (564KB, 750x504px) Image search: [Google]
LentilBlackBeanChiliWideshot.jpg
564KB, 750x504px
>>8442049
looks good, doesn't it?
>>
>>8441652
Ok, you're calling it Chili, but you have beans in there.

Chili doesn't have beans in it.
>>
>>8441652
Looks more like soup than like chilli. I prefer mine to be thicker / with less liquid. I sometimes add a piece or two of dark chocolate. And grilled or pan fried bell peppers which I add at the end so they don't go too soft.
>>
>>8441652
post your dang recipe then we can tell you what its missing doi
>>
>>8442105
it has chili bean in it, that's why it's called chili faggot
>>
>>8442144
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as chili, is in fact, chili con carne, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, chili con carne with beans. chili is not an dish unto itself, but rather another free spice of a fully functioning meal made useful by the ingredients compiled.
Many household cooks prepare a modified version of chili con carne every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of chili con carne which is widely used today is often called “Chili”, and many of its users are not aware that beans were not originally present in the dish. Professional 'chili' chefs do not and cannot use beans while preparing the dish at competition or they face disqualification.
>>
>>8442156
So the fuck what? Why limit yourself with chili?
>>
>>8442126
seriously?

this already looks pretty thick to be honest pham
>>
>>8442161
beans in chili ruin the whole meal for me
>>
>>8442072
Looks like a waste of time and energy.
This isn't even chili anymore, it's vaguely chili-like soup.
>>
>>8442161
Not him but when I make chilli I either use beans or ground beef, never both.
>>
>>8442182
Then you haven't had good chili with beans.
>>
>>8441652
Needed to use more beans.
Meat looks a bit too finely broken to have a pleasant texture.
6.5/10, if served would gladly eat but would secretly judge you.
Last-minute additions could be the previously mentioned smoked paprika, fish/worcester sauce, a small bit of dark chocolate, or instant coffee. If you do add anything don't over-do it, you'll ruin the entire batch.
>>
I can second the dark chocolate or cold coffee. It's a great last minute addition to give the chili more depth and give it a nice perfume and darker color.
>>
File: Finished.jpg (409KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Finished.jpg
409KB, 1536x2048px
>>8442225
>>8442105
>>8442126
It's done cooking and it's delicious. Next time I'll try the instant coffee suggestion and also add more beans.
I prefer to have the chilli meat more finely broken but thats just me
>>
File: 1473653132732.jpg (2MB, 5300x2900px) Image search: [Google]
1473653132732.jpg
2MB, 5300x2900px
>>8441702

>Folgers in my chili

wtf?
>>
>>8442195
I eat something similar every single day. It's the reason I've lost lots of weight and feel better than I've ever felt in a long time (coffee helped too).
>>
>>8441659
Now that is a meaty chili. I normally like mine to be a bit more liquid so that every spoonful has a sort of tomatoey "soup" containing deliciousness and spicy hotness that hits the back of the throat when you consume. As far as looks go though, its definitely chili. The beans look nice and tender too.
>>
>>8442105
>Chili doesn't have beans in it.
get out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne
>>
>>8442330
You fat fuck. How about a human size portion next time?
>>
>>8442353
Thanks, I prefer the meatier Chilli, but others here say you should add less sauce. I guess it's up to preference.
>>8442361
Made it for my family. Stop projecting fatty
>>
Could really use some anchovies.
>>
>>8442370
Your family all eat out of the same bowl? Dumb cunt. Check the post i replied to.
>>
>>8442374
Fuck you that is literally a cereal bowls worth of chilli. I'm sorry if thats too much for you ma'am
>>
>>8442361
>You fat fuck. How about a human size portion next time?

not op but I eat even more chili than that, but I'm skinny because my chili has very little fat in it, and no meat. Chili can be a diet food and still taste delicious.
>>
>>8441652
Colorful/10
Would eat.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.