[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tons of rosemary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: chicken-breast-oh-1904976-l.jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
chicken-breast-oh-1904976-l.jpg
56KB, 300x300px
Is there any other way of using up a bunch of rosemary other than cooking a lot of chicken or similarly prepared pork dishes. Im finding a lot of recipes that call for a sprig or two of rosemary that all seem to have a similar taste profile.

Kind of hoping theres something like 40 clove garlic Chicken, where using a ton of something actually gives it a unique taste. Or even better a non-European inspired recipe using rosemary
>>
>>8433772
I like to put it in grilled cheese sandwiches, but you're not going to go through it very quickly like that.
>>
>>8433772
It grows here on every block. One of my easy lazy dinners is just Rosemary, salt, pepper, and diced potatoes and some kind of sausage in a skillet. You can also make some Rosemary sourdough.
>>
>>8433772

Try it in vanilla ice cream. Won't be disappointed.
>>
Rosemary Butter might keep for a while
>>
make rosemary salt
>>
>>8433772
rosemary tastes great in pot roasts and beef stews.
>>
>>8433792
Don't the dogs piss on it to mark their territory?
>>
>>8433792
This. Never pay for rosemary or bay leaves because chances are it'll be growing healthily in your neighborhood
>>
use it with lamb.
>>
>>8433772

I like it in cocktails.
>>
>>8434001

Not in NJ. :(
>>
File: steak2.jpg (755KB, 2681x2426px) Image search: [Google]
steak2.jpg
755KB, 2681x2426px
>>8433772

It's good with beef and other red-meat dishes too. Add it to your shepherd's pie. Your braised lamb shanks. Toss a sprig or two into the pan when you're searing steaks.

You could also dry it & thus preserve it for later rather than trying to use it up really fast.
>>
>>8434419
Nothing grows in NJ because it's the armpit of the United States.
>>
>>8434419
I bet you're wrong.
>>
>>8434448

There's a lot of good land in NJ, but the anon probably lives in the concrete wasteland that is northern NJ. Everything's either highways or parking lots up there.
>>
>>8434444
NJ provides a significant amount of the produce to the most populated part of the country. The entire state isn't Camden and Newark
>>
>>8433772

I toast rosemary briefly in a pan and then infuse it into oil and keep it handy for mixing with butter or putting on pasta. The oil stores in the fridge for quite a while.
>>
>>8433772
Add it to Mac n Cheese.
You're welcome.
>>
>>8433772
You can freeze any leftovers, but I'm fond of using it on my roasted vegetables and tons of other stuff

Rosemary works particularly well with parnsips, turnips or rutabage
Roasted rosemary red potatoes are a classic
Rosemary pork loin is a good dish
Stuff the rest in a roasting chicken with a lemon and some garlic and roast up a bird
>>
>>8434397
a rosemary simple syrup in lemonade is great
>>
>>8433772
Rosemary bitters.
>>
>>8436556
This is a pretty unique idea, definitely going to try it
>>
File: 1430760705713.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430760705713.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
Has anyone here burned rosemary bits before? I pestle it and put it on potatoes and once left a needle in oil and burned it. One of the single worst things Ive ever smelled in my life and it also prevented me from smelling anything but it for the entire day. I couldnt taste anything at all.
>>
Garlic bread
>>
>>8434432
there's enough garlic in that pan to fight a world war with vampires
disgusting
>>
Focaccia.
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-simple-herb-and-salt-focaccia-186606
>>
>>8433772
Rosemary makes good tea. It's easy on the stomach.
>>
>>8439331
If you cook garlic down it gets sweet and doesn't really linger in your mouth as much.
>>
>>8433772

Rosemary goes well in sugar cookies if you like baking
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.