[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cooking with bipolar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

can anyone relate to this?

today i made turkey pie and 10 quarts of turkey stock from leftovers, desert squares and cookies

but when i don't feel like cooking i will eat saltines, cream cheese, and raw veggies for days

no middle ground

either cooking and baking all day every day, or not going in the kitchen for weeks

it's not just out of necessity either, i would just as soon let the turkey all rot if i'm not on the right polarity, it wouldn't be the first time
>>
>>8433095
I don't know about being bipolar, but I tend to have ups and downs like those.

Sometimes my mood "drops" just as I finish cooking and I can't even bring myself to eat what I cooked, and end up feeding the dog what I can after a couple bites.

This can last for quite a while and I'm not sure what the cause could be, I'm not anorexic or anything but I really can't bring myself to eat sometimes
>>
No but I cook with BPD, I'm always craving like 10 different things and change my mind about what to cook constantly and can never meal plan because I'm too impulsive and then when I try to cook I fuck up and hate myself and feel worthless and want to die over simple mistakes and end up just getting take out and blowing all my money.
>>
>>8433134
Sounds like depression. You can see a psychologist for help, though I advise strongly against seeing a psychiatrist.

Exercise, even though I so fucking hate it, really helps me unwind. A simple fast pace running in place for 5 - 15 minutes right in front of your computer does the trick.

Hope it works out, anon friend.
>>
I have schizophrenia and used to live under the kitchen at a house shared with other people my age. I had to keep snacks downstairs with me because some days I could not go upstairs. I'd rather not go into any details about why I couldn't. My parents thought about buying me a mini fridge so I could keep proper food nearby at all times. I mostly just heated up crap from a can at the time. Nowadays, I'm back living with my parents and they make sure I eat well. When I cook I try to make it have as few steps as possible since I'm very forgetful. If I mess something up, I just douse it in hot sauce.
>>
>>8433815
Thank you

I've been wondering about seeing a psychologist for a while now.
I also know exercise really helps, I thought about going jogging but I have trouble leaving my house, now I feel dumb because I never thought about doing exercise *inside* the house.

Welp, enough with the blog shit, thanks again anon for your suggestion
>>
bumbing for interest
>>
I don't have bipolar disorder, but I know people who do. I don't want to get into that can of worms, though.
I DO have panic disorder and depression. They feed off of each other. If I go through a period of having regular panic attacks, it sends me into depression, which makes my panic attacks worse, which worsens my depression, and then I turn into a person who's too scared to leave the house, thinks they're going to die at any moment, and hasn't showered in 4 days. Ugh. I'm on medication, but as you know, docs are so uptight about benzos and other helpful drugs now (thanks, recreational drug abusers), so I'm also trying to exercise more (because yes, it really does help) and thinking about finding a therapist. Okay, end of blog.
All that crap said, I go through periods where I love to cook and cook all day, every day, and experiment with cool recipes and techniques; and then I get to where I can't stand my kitchen another day and don't want to even go in there, much less cook anything. It doesn't help that I'm the house cook (no one else living here can cook anything beyond a grilled cheese sandwich or boxed shit), so I'm always responsible for putting the food on the table. It gets dreary after awhile, even though cooking has always been a passion of mine.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.