[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Portion Sizes the biggest meme in food? Just ate pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: chicken-parmagiana.png (190KB, 361x301px) Image search: [Google]
chicken-parmagiana.png
190KB, 361x301px
Are Portion Sizes the biggest meme in food?

Just ate pic related which is "Meal for 4 people" yet I'm still hungry as fuck.

2 people I can see, but 4 people??
>>
you gotta shrink your stomach mate.
>>
>>8425903
You fatfuck. Enjoy your yearly allowance of HFCS in one sitting.
>>
>>8425912
This is actually true, it sounds stupid but the stomach expands and contracts depending on how much you put into it on a regular basis. That means if you're like a Ghandi you can eat a rice cake and feel full. But if you're a John Candy you just want to keep eating and that feeling of "full" never happens.

That's why bitches have to count calories...they don't know when to stop unless they do the math.

Check my new tattoo...not done yet.
>>
>>8425903

I think portion sizes on things like this are intended to be paired as part of a meal, not the entire thing. Presumably, you'd give mom and dad each two patties, and one for each kid, with a side of vegetables or something for all involved.

Not that this isn't stupid, but it seems to have been the logic for microwaved food forever.
>>
>>8425923
stupid ass food pyramid
goddamn usda trying to get us to eat vegetables
>>
File: michelle_obama.jpg (42KB, 630x330px) Image search: [Google]
michelle_obama.jpg
42KB, 630x330px
>>8425929
>pyramid
Its a plate now
>>
>>8425903
>still hungry as fuck.

High fat food does that. Eating high fat food will cause the stomach to expand and make your gorge on food. When food is scarce, this is a good thing, but with food being plentiful, it is unhealthy.

That's why almost all the food I eat is very low in fat.
>>
File: chickenfriedsteak.jpg (45KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
chickenfriedsteak.jpg
45KB, 500x391px
Banquet frozen dinners, its supposed to be a dinner but I can eat two of them easily to get full

I could understand if they marketed them as kids dinners, like Kid Cuisine, but they give no implication that it's supposed to be just for kids
>>
It's like eating nothing at all just about
>>
>>8425929

the food pyramid has nothing to do with health, it's about saving money
>>
File: ss+(2014-12-02+at+03.56.57).jpg (58KB, 507x539px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-12-02+at+03.56.57).jpg
58KB, 507x539px
>>8425965
> Made with chicken, pork and beef
>>
>>8425991
I think they are mostly bread crumbs or something also. The texture is unlike any meat. Sort of like if you remove breading from a McDonalds chicken nugget and are left with soft slimy meat patties and soak it in gravy, but larger. They are pretty good.
>>
Next time get the family sized Stouffers lasagna. Pretty filling.
>>
>>8425922
unfortunate
>>
>>8425965
Oh fuck those are good. 6 are pretty filling though.
>>
>>8426062
I usually put two over rice or egg noodles or something and mix extra gravy in to it all into one big mess. It's not healthy in any way and detrimental to my health but tastes good
>>
File: hungryman.jpg (200KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
hungryman.jpg
200KB, 1024x744px
> 1 1/2 lbs of food

'portion sizes' are bullshit, just give weight of 'food'
>>
>>8425903
You're supposed to make pasta with these.
>>
>>8426179
>made with tyson quality
dropped
>>
>>8425974
If it was then the food pyramid would just be a block of ramen noodles
>>
So how the fuck do I decrease my stomach size then?
>>
>>8426800
Stop shoving so much shit in your body and start walking more

It sucks for about a month, but then you're used to it and you're saving tons of money and weight is just dropping off.

When you eat out and get a full meal, don't feel bad about throwing away food or atleast saving large portions of it for later. American restaurants give you way more than you need because people bitch incredibly hard if they don't feel stuffed after paying for a meal.
>>
Reminder: if you are eating more than 1000 (one thousand) calories per day, you are likely obese and american.
>>
>>8426800
Just because you're not feeling full or stuffed doesn't mean you're hungry. It's just an adjustment. If you're used to eating until you're full then you'll feel unsatisfied at first. You'll adjust though. After a couple weeks you wont notice anymore. Serving sizes and calorie counting help you with that.

I feel like shit on days when I eat and eat. The feeling of having something constantly in my stomach sucks.
>>
>>8426873
OBSESSED
>>
>>8425974
it's also about creating an artificial market for foods receiving subsidy for production

bread is terribly unhealthy in the amounts usually recommended
>>
>>8425953
That is literally the exact opposite of what fat does. A high amount of fat will satiate you more much quicker. Resulting in you eating less all at once or throughout the day. It's why keto even works for fat fucks.

Come one anon stop being stupid.
>>
>>8425903
You do know that you are meant to eat other (lower calorie) foods as part of the meal, like vegetables and rice.
>>
>>8426749
kek
>>
>>8425960
What the fuck do you expect? They cost a dollar.
>>
>>8426873
if you're a girl maybe
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.