[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: E-9686-10S.jpg (13KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
E-9686-10S.jpg
13KB, 500x400px
https://www.knifemerchant.com/product.asp?productID=9019
Ain't she a beautiful?
>>
>>8424944

Looks nice, I suppose. But from looking at it I think that bolster would be very impractical for a proper grip. Then again, I haven't actually held one in my hand so that's pure speculation from looking at the pic.
>>
>>8424944

blade too German for me but I do like the furniture quite a bit
>>
>>8424948
Looks heavy as fuck but I'm with you, you don't know a knife until you hold it. Gotta reserve judgement until you use it to shank someone in the back for stealing your skittles.
>>
>>8424944
Germany produces some high quality steel.
The custom Damascus stuff they make is very beautiful as well.
>>
>>8425210

How can you tell its weight without being able to see the thickness of the blade?
>>
>>8425225
A: it's german
B: it looks heavy
>>
>>8425232
A: Ok, fair enough.

B: Doesn't compute. You can't see how heavy it is with only a straight-on side view. With only a side view we have no idea how thick the blade is and therefore the image provides no information whatsoever regarding weight.
>>
>>8425239
You also can't tell if the carbon steel runs the entire length of the handle, which would make it a garbage knife.

The only thing we know for sure is that the website in the OP is complete shit, tells you nothing about the product and should be dismissed. Still it looks heavy and by the time and investment they put into their website I'm willing to question the "carbon steel" as well.

Looks like a duck, smells like shit.
>>
>>8425252

So not only are you claiming it "looks heavy" without any idea what the 3rd dimension looks like, but you're judging the product based on the appearance of a totally unrelated 3rd-party website that has nothing whatsoever to do with the maker?

There are things wrong inside your head, anon.
>>
>>8425257
Would you buy shoes online without knowing if they fit? Moreover if a company allows their product to be sold on a 3rd party website that is complete trash, what does that say about their passion for their product?
>>
>>8425270
>Would you buy shoes online without knowing if they fit?

Of course not. But I wouldn't judge Company A's product by Company B's advertising.

>>what does that say about their passion for their product?

Absolutely nothing, because the maker has no control over what unrelated 3rd parties do with them. And even if it did, I've long since learned that passion for a product has little if anything to do with its quality.
>>
Some German Anon in here recommended me the Zwilling Pro chefs knife some time ago. Got it for christmas and I've been using it for some time now.
While it certainly isn't the sharpest knife out of the box, still got to get me some stones, the handle and shape are awesome, the weight is pretty good and overall quality seems very decent for the price. Thank you kind Anon.
I'll get myself a nice Nikiri soon, thinking about the Murata with a western handle. This one right here to be exact.
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/buwena16.html
Looks like I'll be able to get it for about half that price.
Good idea, or should I look for another knife?
>>
>>8425257

I have to agree, you're fucked. the only thing German means in this context is the broad, curved shape of the blade. the thickness and weight vary considerably from maker to maker
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.