[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spice Making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 6817666-spices-background.jpg (833KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6817666-spices-background.jpg
833KB, 2560x1600px
Who here makes their own spices? I'm interested in starting with paprika and thought I'd start a general spice thread to pick up some tips.
>>
What do you mean by making your own spices? Growing then dehydrating and grinding, or buying shit at the shop and mixing it up to make a spice blend?
>>
>>8424522

Why the fuck would you do that? It's going to be way too expensive and inefficient, not to mention a waste of time.
>>
>>8424556
Making paprika's probably not too bad, and the pic also includes rosemary, bay, garlic and nutmeg, all of which are reasonable to grow yourself, climate permitting. Peppercorns, could be grown yourself, but they'd be a pain in the arse to harvest, so you'd only be doing it because you enjoy keeping a garden, I guess.
>>
>>8424522
I've actually autisted out and made my own spices....literally the only spice I've made at home that was any noticabley different from store bought and better was paprika....everything else came out exactly like store.....

Now spice mixes are of course, logical to make at home because of extreme customization.

I came up with a Garam Masala mix 2 days ago that is out of this world....
>>
I wouldn't bother with making custom "blends" unless it's something I go to a lot, like curry. I only make Chinese once in a million years so crafting my own Chinese 5 Spice blend is a waste.

As for making your own dried herbs, I'm about to jump on the wagon. I have some parsley which I think is much better dried, but the plant is still small. I've also got:
>chives
>oregano
>thyme
Also have some pineapple sage I don't know what to do with.
>>
>>8424619
No one cares faglord
>>
>>8424630
Kill yourself faggot, he asked a question and I answered. Go along back to /r9k/ kiddo and bitch about how you are still a virgin
>>
>>8424618
>herbs
>spices
>>
>>8424639
Oh your words are so hurtful. Don't call me a virgin pleeease.

Tell us your "out of this world" garam masala mix. Go on. You won't cos it's shit and you're nothing.
>>
>>8424630
kill yourself
>>
>>8424619
>I came up with a Garam Masala mix 2 days ago that is out of this world....

do share
>>
>>8424677
Why don't you lay off the bottle asshole and go to bed. No one gives a fuck about anything you say, you little bitch faggot.
>>
>>8424630
end your life immediately
>>
What is this, the ultimate faggot convention? Back to Redit with you, scram.
>>
>>8424724
I browse redit 90% of the time and 4chan 10% of the time....honestly, reddit is better and more mainstream....edgelord
>>
>>8424759
What's your username bitch, or are you scared I'll down vote you and you'll lose some of your precious karma?
>>
>>8424763
fuck you bitch, it's "spez"; what you gonna do now faggot?
>>
>>8424759

Reddit's cooking boards have too many kenji/Alton dick riding autists but at least it doesn't have fucking Joey and jack posters
>>
>>8424767

Well you got one thing right you're a spez that's for sure
>>
File: JackLosesToWatermelonAgain.webm (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
JackLosesToWatermelonAgain.webm
3MB, 480x320px
>>8424775
Didn't somebody say Jack?
>>
>>8424759
Wheres the garam masala mix fagboy? or were you just talking shit?
>>
>>8424785
>Wheres the garam masala mix fagboy? or were you just talking shit?

Fuck you, yall were mean to me so you won't get the fucking privilege of the recipe.

Also, howd the fuck did you know it was me?
>>
>>8424792
Because....you type...like this....

No one gives a shit about your "recipe", you never had one to begin with. Probably ate something your mommy bought you.
>>
>>8424797
>your

learn to english you fucking idiot
>>
>>8424619
Anon I honestly love garam masala, please share and ignore the haters.
>>
>>8424813
All instances of its use were correct, anon. Perhaps you should take your own advice?
>>
>>8424522
ive got a boat load of dried cayenne and jalapeno i'll be using to make crushed pepper and chili powder. i think it's an excellent idea. and yes, i do believe you have to take joy in gardening or growing things also. if you do, two birds. right? go for it.
>>
>>8424619
Recipe?
>>
>>8425924
No, he's OBVIOUSLY correct.

Also, *you're own advice
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.