[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Le Creuset Cast Iron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: il_570xN.725357799_h783.jpg (25KB, 570x320px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.725357799_h783.jpg
25KB, 570x320px
Hey /ck/

I got one of these bastards for Christmas. Really nice looking pan, heavy as well. Never had a cast iron before.

What should I cook in it?

How should I treat it?

Is there anything specifically I could do with cast iron that I couldn't do with a regular non-stick?
>>
If your pan is OP pic, that's enameled cast iron. You don't have to season it. But you'll need to use a lot of oil when cooking in it. It's still a great pan.
>>
>>8423109
i'm not sure if it's the exact one, but I was actually just talking with my mom about how it doesn't feel like "pure" cast iron, so it's probably enameled like you said
>>
>>8423167
>it doesnt feel like "pure" cast iron
Like pearls before a swine...
>>
don't heat the nigga up too quickly
>>
Just wash it and dry it properly by hand. Thats a mighty nice gift to get.
>>
>>8423290
yeah i'm not an amazing chef or anything but I'm excited to have it and use it so i'm not stuck using my roommates pan

>>8423297
any reason why?

>>8423306
Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. It's used but my mom hasn't been using it in the last little bit so she gave it to me.

How do I wash it properly? Like, no soap or something?
>>
>>8423312
might crack the enamel, but I did pull it from my ass desu.
>>
>>8423312
Soap, hot water, scotch-brite pad. If its got proper enamel on it you shouldnt have to coat it with any oil to store. If its still kind of got that roughish traditional cast iron look you should just put a light coat of oil on the entirety of the inside before storing.
>>
>>8423317
Nah if hes got proper le creuset it should hold up to whatever he can throw at it heat-wise.
>>
>>8423312
>Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. It's used but my mom hasn't been using it in the last little bit so she gave it to me.

Yeah, depending on the size, that fucker was 150$ minimum brand new.
>>
As has been said, heat it up slowly and don't pour water into the hot pan for deglazing, temperature shocks might cause the enamel to crack and flake off. For cleaning just let the inside of the pan soak in some hot water, maybe with some baking soda, then scrub with a stiff brush or scrape with a wooden spatula. Never let anything harder than that touch the pan, no abrasive scouring stuff either.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.