[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Organics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: organic-post[1].jpg (137KB, 1000x1019px) Image search: [Google]
organic-post[1].jpg
137KB, 1000x1019px
Buying organic products. Is it a scam? I have no knowledge whatsoever or facts to back myself up, but I get this hunch that it is. Maybe it's just because people who insist on buying organics only are usually huge douches or annoying as fuck, and that in turn affected my opinion. Well /ck/ what do you think?
>>
I like being able to eat fruit peel and zest without consuming wax
>>
>>8417787
food wax that specifically made for consumption. But yeah, I suppose that actually is a pretty legitimate reason, I can't taste food wax but I'm sure some people can.
>>
Pretty much a scam. Maybe (?) slightly more environmentally friendly. No difference in nutrition. Maybe less exposure to pesticides but they already have to be very low once they get to the store per regulations.

I don't think organic disqualifies produce from having wax. Further, the label is not as logically regulated as you'd think and there are loopholes.
>>
>>8417778
>i have no knowledge of facts to back it up

maybe you should stop being a drooling retard and do your own investigating
>>
>>8417799
wrong. organic food has proven to be more nutritious
>>
>>8417778
All you really need to remember when it comes to produce:

> organic = no chemical pesticides used
>>
>>8417807
I know he could Google it, but that's what makes these threads. It's better than seeing people shit post McDonald's. He's got an interest in knowing if organic is worthwhile so the least you could do is say something and not be a cock sucking faggot
>>
>>8417810
There are multiple conflicting studies: pointing towards no. May vary by type
>>
>>8417908
Woooow... Testy, much?
>>
>>8417815

That's actually not even true. Just have to "avoid synthetic chemicals" or something vague, many ways to get around that. E.g. Same evil chemical, but extracted from a plant instead of synthesized in a lab

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_certification
>>
>>8417778
>Is it a scam?
Yes, you're paying more for inferior products, organic food honest to good causes cholera, which would otherwise be practically extinct in the western world.
>>
>>8417815
>I don't know what chemicals mean
>>
>>8418035
>>8418035
>>8418035
>>
>>8417932
Land of the scammed
>>
>>8418032
>organic food honest to good causes cholera

citation needed
>>
>>8417799
There are many different labels which range from scam to "why wouldn't you want this".
Writing it all off as a scam is just foolish.
Take this for example.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demeter_International
>>
>>8417778
The first question you need to ask is what does "growing organic" mean. For a reputable organic farmer it means crop rotation, building healthy soils through animal manure and plants that enrich the soil like clover and fetch, encouraging predator insects and animals to feed off the damaging insects, using ground covers to control weeds, and rarely, relying on one of the approved insecticides like pyrethrin.

The edgy bois that know nothing about growing vegetables, like to disclaim organic growing processes. But the fact is, it's healthier for the environment and you.

Having said all that, freshness should be the primary consideration in buying vegetables. But don't think for a moment that equally fresh organic and conventional are equal.
>>
>>8417778

I find the vegetables/fruits often taste way better if organic. Same with meat. I find heavily medicated beef and chicken to taste like shit. That being said some companies use it as a marketing tool for sure but on the whole I would say it's better.
>>
>>8418035
Well that makes you retarded doesn't it?

> Learn 2 infer
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.