[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edge Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 81etXdrILuL._SL1500_.jpg (127KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
81etXdrILuL._SL1500_.jpg
127KB, 1500x1004px
Why the fuck is this thing $720?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q07WH0I/

I got a nice Shun Premier knife for Christmas and I figured it was about time to graduate from my Spyderco Sharpmaker to something more precise, but turns out I need to spend half my paycheck to get one of these fucking Edge Pro things that's not made of plastic - and even the plastic ones are like $250.

What does /ck/ use to sharpen her knifes?
>>
File: DMTMAGKIT4[3].jpg (23KB, 496x435px) Image search: [Google]
DMTMAGKIT4[3].jpg
23KB, 496x435px
>$60
>>
just buy a set of whetstones
>>
>>8412965
Cheap king waterstones and them skillz. Prop the stone to a vertical surface at your sharpening angle and go vertical down if you are worried about holding the angle.
>>
The Sharpmaker is fine. Keep using it.
If you need more angles or something, then get a Gatco.

You could also move up to bench stones, but they have a learning curve. Your "precision" would go down before it went up, especially if you think the Sharpmaker is imprecise. I mean, all you have to do is hold the knife straight. A monkey could use it.
>>
use your sharpening rod every time you use the knife and you'll never have to worry about it
>>
>>8413021
>especially if you think the Sharpmaker is imprecise. I mean, all you have to do is hold the knife straight. A monkey could use it.
Why do people on 4chan constantly feel the need to posture instead of having an intelligent discussion? We are all anonymous here.
>>
>>8413048
>need to posture instead of having an intelligent discussion?
because we can't do either in real life and we're only good at one of these
>>
>>8412965
This is just a fancy well-made Lansky system.

I'd recommend checking out a good knife store and seeing if they offer lessons. That said, they may try to sell you hundreds of dollars worth of stones.

Or, just hone your knife weekly and take it to a butcher/sharpener when you need to.
>>
>>8413032
>sharpening rod
That thing does more harm than good.
>>
>>8412965

Why would a ghost be sharpening knives?
>>
>>8412965
Because you went out of your way to pick the one with the steel base and a gazillion accessories and a carrying case.

Serious question: did your parents feed you lead paint chips?

>>8413060
No, they're not the same. If you want to "just a" it's a "just a" wicked edge

>take it to the butcher

Lol, my local butcher uses electric sharpeners, might as well cut out the middleman and just buy a chef's choice at that point. Not that this is a bad thing, all this fapping over 16k stones and chromium oxide strops is for spergs, you don't need that shit for just cutting food.
>>
File: image.jpg (548KB, 2002x827px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
548KB, 2002x827px
>>8412965
These go for about £40 and work very well.
>>
>>8413681
>No, they're not the same. If you want to "just a" it's a "just a" wicked edge
Explain how this differs significantly from a Lansky system. It uses rods to set the angle so people who can't hand sharpen don't fuck up. The difference is construction and you don't have to reclamp with Edge Pro on bigger knives.

It's a fancy Lansky. Save your money and buy good stones and learn with a shitty knife.
>>
>>8413894
>The difference is construction
That's like saying the difference between an airplane and a shoe is "construction"
>buy good stones
I've got eight not counting the custom stones for my edgepro, but have fun pretending to know things on the internet
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.