[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craft Beers Thread: Best Craft Beers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 54

File: IMG_3392.jpg (476KB, 810x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3392.jpg
476KB, 810x630px
Hey anons, any /beer/fags or /craft-beer/fags here?

What do you drink? And why?

I drink Shiner Bock, Saint Arnold's Lawnmower, and Saint Arnold's Ale Wagger (Bock, Kölsch, and Brown Ale) because it's what my parents used to drink, but I've been wanting to learn more about fancy beers

Also, if OP was looking for a sweet, thick, creamy-ish dark beer, what should he drink? (Pic related)
>>
File: IMG_3382.jpg (2MB, 861x2392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3382.jpg
2MB, 861x2392px
(OP here) also pic related
>>
>>8412166
You from Texas?
>>
File: Samuel-Smith-Oatmeal-Stout.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Samuel-Smith-Oatmeal-Stout.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>8412164
hey stinky, drink this
>>
i love beer
>>
Hoegaarden or go home
>>
>>8412164
Shiner Bock is a decent beer.
But their holiday cheer beer is one of the worst beers I've ever had. Syrupy peach flavored with a bitter fucking aftertaste.
I contacted Shiner about it, and they didn't even care. The only thing they offered in their email back was "if your in Texas, take a free tour of out brewery"
>>
>>8412260
I'll never drink shiner again.
Fuck shiner and fuckTexas
>>
File: IMG_20161229_112518.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161229_112518.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
G'day from Australia.

This is ok for a USA beer.
>>
>>8412164
I feel like I would like beer more if I didn't hate the taste of hops. I really enjoyed a abita purple haze one time and the idea of an irish red ale actually sounds amazing.
>>
I bought a 4 pack of murphys stout.
Wish me luck anons
>>
>>8412279
Try smithwick red Irish ale. It's mellow, with almost no hop flavor.
And it's brewed in Ireland
>>
>>8412279
Try some wheat beers.
>>
>>8412273
>Torpedo

I, too, enjoy the taste of pinecones.
>>
>>8412285
Thanks mate, will do. I'll see if I can find it in my country.
>>
>>8412279
SCOTCH ALES
C
O
T
C
H

A
L
E
S

They are the opposite of hop bombs. They are very malty.
>>
File: Port-Hop-15[1].jpg (222KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
Port-Hop-15[1].jpg
222KB, 750x900px
>>8412279

>hate the taste of hops

Try a really well balanced, well hopped beer that's really fresh some time; it's like drinking a bouquet of flowers. Once it goes just a little past it's freshest it turns completely different and will fall flat.
>>
File: duchesse.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
duchesse.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
I'm a big fan of sours and lambics, pic related is my favorite. What kinds of foods would you guys pair with these types?
>>
I'm Minnesotan, so my beer taste is very, very local.
For craft beer, my go-to is Surly. Lift Bridge is alright, as is Excelsior. Mankato brewery has put out a few good ones. My favorite was I think Eris Ale, but they seem to have discontinued it; their Crooked Rook porter, Organ Grinder amber and their Imperial Red are all good though.

I've had Wisconsin's New Glarus; I don't get the hype. It's certainly not bad, but I've had several better in Minnesota. I think it's only because they won't sell it here.

My go to, not really craft beer though, is Schell's Firebrick. Grain Belt Nordeast is always a good alternative though. Both easy drinkers, but different.
>>
I have only recently gotten into craft beer but my preference has rapidly changed over these last few weeks. I used to be really into the big meaty imperial stouts. There are so many good ones. But I kinda got sick of the same chocolate/coffee/dark fruit flavor that is present in all of them. It almost feels like a cop out to me. I can dilute anything with chocolate and have it taste half way decent.

That is when my appreciation for hops-based beers started to really grow. Now I am a huge fan of IPAs/IPLs as I feel like the flavor profile of these beers is a bit more nuanced since they can't just mash in a shit ton of meme flavors to mask the booze. I dunno man. IPAs just seems more detailed and skilled. I hated them originally.
>>
>>8412727
that's my favorite sour too!
>>
I have a hard time finding any recommendations for Pilsners. I found Trumer Pils from a meme bar in SF and it's really good, had a few other Bavarian-style and Austrian-style pils that were good, but not memorable. Not fond of Czech style pils from what I remember.
>>
>>8412727
if you like duchess you might also like vanderghinste oud bruin too!
i paired it with some quality pastrami on toasted rye
>>
>>8412806
I love IPAs but I would argue that they too can "cop out" with excessive hops
>>
When I went to Ireland, I was surprised that Guinness Draught seems way more popular there than Guinness Extra Stout. I like the latter more, the former seems kind of flat and flavorless.
>>
I've loved craft beers for several years now.

Some beers I like in particular:

Brooklyn Lager

Bronx Pale Ale

Lagunitas

Sam Adams Boston Lager

Sam Adams Boston Ale

Guinness Extra Stout

Mermaid Pilsner

I even like Heineken and Corona sometimes, but I try to avoid shit like Budweiser. I'll still drink it but usually only to pregame.

>>8412959

I remember really liking Brooklyn Pilsener.
>>
Oh and when I was in Ireland, I tried McGargle's Pale Ale and it was really good. I'm not sure if it's available in the US.
>>
File: cibus.jpg (49KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
cibus.jpg
49KB, 280x200px
>>8412164
>>
>>8412164
I'm not a fan of the way the infographic is organized as it could mislead less knowledgeable people into thinking that bitterness is correlated with the darkness of the beer. I've had enough overhopped pale ales/IPAs and milk stouts.
>>
>>8412738
New glarus puts out a lot of seasonals and special release beers that are fantastic. I have their grand cru in my basement now. It is an exclusivity thing that gets them hyped, but they're still a great brewery
>>
File: Charles-Bukowski.jpg (166KB, 650x883px) Image search: [Google]
Charles-Bukowski.jpg
166KB, 650x883px
soundtrack for this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSnbhmAvPrk
>>
>>8412806
Eh. You'll have different favourite types of beer at different times. Recently I have been smashing the saisons, but when winter swings around I'll probably go back on the stouts.
>>
>>8413009
Guinness ain't craft beer m8. I do like it but it ain't craft beer.
>>
File: Jever.jpg (65KB, 654x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Jever.jpg
65KB, 654x1260px
>>8412959
Jever Pilsener is one of my favs.

This. Is. Lager. by Brewdog is also a really good one.
>>
>>8412959
>Bavarian-style pils
bavaria is not really famous for pils but they make great weißbier
>>
File: 1389411675703.jpg (12KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
1389411675703.jpg
12KB, 300x279px
>>8412166

>porter: has burnt taste (my fucking face when I read this)

>like bud light? Try this equally mass-produced and adjunct-loaded piss water beer!

Great chart
>>
>>8412164
For a thick creamy dark beer I would get murphys irish stout. I like high abv beers so that's not my kind of stout but it sounds like what you're looking for.

I like high abv ales. I drink a lot of ipa variants because ipa is ubiquitous but I'm down for some malty 9%+ stuff. I live within 100 miles of lagunitas so I drink a lot of their stuff. They're probably my favorite.
>>
File: ayinger-celebrator.jpg (75KB, 450x586px) Image search: [Google]
ayinger-celebrator.jpg
75KB, 450x586px
>>8412164

I highly suggest this for you, OP.
If it wasn't $5 a bottle where i live, it'd be the only beer I'd drink
>>
>>8414043
second this. Ayinger is great just check the date on the bottle as most of their varieties are better closer to the brew date.
>>
>>8412279
Hops initially taste awful to any beer drinker. You have to develop a pallet for hops, then you'll really start to appredicate them. I recommend starting with a craft pilsner that has a subdued hop character like Lagunitas Pils, Firestone Walker Pivo Pils, Victory Prima Pils etc.

If you're feeling a little more bold, move onto the pale ale or session IPA. Founders All Day IPA is widely regarded as one of the most accessible IPA's available in most markets.
>>
>>8412727
Pair with funky cheeses and cured meats.
>>
>>8412959
I recommend opening up to a new style - The Kolsch. It's a German style beer brewed in the tradition of a lager but with ale yeast, making it a unique mix of ale and lager. Ithaca brewing out of NY makes a kolsch called Daydreamer. Captain Lawrence also makes one. If you want one imported from Germany, Gaffel Kolsch or Reissdorf Kolsch are good options.
>>
>>8414057
Celebrator should have a pretty long shelf life. Dopplebocks are high in alcohol and maltier as opposed to hoppy. They probably stay good 9 months to a year.
>>
>>8413964
I agree with you, the charts not great.
A stout should taste far more "burnt" than a Porter. The only exception I could see to that is if it's a smoked porter.
>>
>>8414155

sounds pretty good. i wonder if they sell it here in NC...
>>
>>8414155
Another in a similar vein is the German Alt style brewed with a lager yeast at ale temperatures. I've noticed a number of microbreweries are starting to brew this style. It's got the crispness of a pilsner but with more body.
>>
>>8414155
OP here, love Kölsch as a refresher
Probably my favorite lighter beer to memory
>>
>>8414177
Just looked up a few for you. Any of these near you?

http://www.ncbeerguys.com/nc-craft-beers/nc-craft-beer-directory/?sw=Kolsch&bs=&go=Go
>>
>>8414182

>not hefeweizen

lolok
>>
>>8414183

Highland's only 30 mins away.

Thanks, anon
>>
>>8414180
Yeah I'm seeing alt-biers pop up more frequently and it's definitely a great style, but they're a little bit maltier than the kolsch, which is a super light, crisp, refreshing beer, almost even more so than the pilsner IMO.
>>
File: IMG_3133.png (4MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3133.png
4MB, 1242x2208px
>>8412199
(OP here) Yup yup lol

I've lived in Houston for like 10 years
>>
>>8412164
I'd love to drink a beer like that - all the styles in one glass
>>
>>8414186
Not everyone loves the super yeasty flavor of a hefeweizen. A beer can be light and refreshing without needing to be super cloudy and fruity (don't get me wrong, I love hefes)
>>
>>8414188
I'm trying to think of NC breweries that make it up to my state (PA) and the only one I can think of is Duck Rabbit, and they only do dark beers.
>>
>>8414198

They don't do Sierra Nevada or Oskar Blues, or Wicked Weed in PA?

Man, you gotta come here.

On the other hand, you can't get many German-style brews down here.
>>
>>8414167

I don't know. I just don't like how this chart is trying to oversimplify the concept of tasting and judging a beer just so normies can understand it.

It's not such a complicated thing to understand that you have to discard quality descriptors and replace them with a blanket statement like "all porters have a burnt flavor". Sames goes for the rest of the styles they listed.
>>
>>8414203
I get Sierra Nevada and Oskar Blues but those aren't based out of NC. Those are both West Coast based. I'm familiar with Wicked Weed but I never find it in my area so I don't think it really comes up here.
>>
>>8414212
It's really hard to make a chart that adequately describes how a style of beer tastes when within a given style there are tons of variants in terms of flavor profiles. The chart is definitely lacking and imperfect but it would be awfully hard to describe beer flavors in a chart format like that anyway.
>>
>>8413691
they are macro but they're taste wise closer to craft beer than other macros (in particular the Extra stout and Foreign Extra are) so I can see why he would list it with the rest.
>>
>>8414195

>hefeweizen
>super yeasty flavor

Right. Just because hefeweizens have yeast character, they suddenly have "super yeasty flavor"

Must you uncultured swine make everything you don't understand so black and white?
>>
>>8412279
My favorite Irish Red is actually an American beer. Conway's Irish Ale from Great Lakes Brewing is one of the best Irish Reds I've ever had.
>>
>>8414231

Maybe it would be more accurate to dissect the ingredients commonly used in beer and describe the flavors and characteristics they impart, and then list the styles of beer that use those ingredients.

For instance, instead of calling porters "burnt", you'd say that some porters contain roasted barley, which impart a roasty, coffee-like flavor.
>>
>>8414236
Sure an American hefeweizen will have subdued yeast flavor but a traditional German hefeweizen? All of the flavors that make it unique come from its yeast. A Belgian wheat beer cheats by adding fruit flavors, like orange peel. Any fruit flavors derived from a German hefeweizen are from the potent yeast alone. I'm not knocking Hefeweizens mate, they're a phenomenal style of beer.
>>
>>8414241

Try Broad River Red Ale by River Rat brewery. ot the best I've had, but damn close.
>>
>>8414236
fag
>>
>>8412164
The men who built this country drank Budweiser and Coors, and they didn't do it so you could drink your faggy craft shit
>>
Oregonian here. Lots of great microbrews around.

Love everything from IPAs to stouts, particuarly brown ales.
>>
>>8412699
Aye. Of the almost readily available in any craft beer place, Founder's Dirty Bastard is king. Followed by Oskar Blues Old Chub.
>>
I am going to the Tree House Brewing Co. brewery in Massachusetts tomorrow. Any of you faggots want anything?
>>
Any thoughts on New Belgium beers? Just got a 6 pack of Abbey that a friend recommended I try. Pretty good.
>>
>>8415448
Fat Tire is a solid go-to if selection is limited. 1554 is really nice, but not for everyone.
>>
>>8415219
>men who built this country

No. Before prohibition and WWII, beer was brewed by every town and often every bar. They differed between each other and resembled more the microbrew culture of today than the macro pablum after prohibition and WWII. During WWII, women were the primary consumers of beer in the US, and of course they demanded flavorless pisswater. When the men came home, they were happy enough to be alive and getting fucked again, so they didn't bitch.

The macrobrews of the US are a direct result of women's ascendancy after WWII. Men that still suck the macrobrew tit, simply cannot breakaway from the female domination.
>>
>>8412280
That works.
>>
IPAs are a literal meme.

I've tried around 80% of the 50 top rated IPAs on beeradvocate and they all tasted like shit, except for a few that were okayish

at least the food in vermont was good
>>
>>8415464
Agreed..
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Bought this for $0.99 for a SIXPACK. $3.84 for 4 sixers. Tastes like smoked cheese's smokiness. 3.5/10 by itself. 7/10 with smoked meats.
>>
>>8415734
Heady topper
>>
What are the best beers to buy in SoCal that I can find at pretty much any liquor store/market?
>>
>>8415734
>I'm a manbabby who can't drink anything bitter, it's so icky >:X
Why do you even feel the need to come in here and tell us? Are you looking for affirmation that it's okay to not like IPAs to make you feel better about being an insecure twat or what?
>>
>>8416007

Port/Lost Abbey, Russian River, Bear Republic, The Bruery, Alesmith, Stone, Firestone Walker, Green Flash, Dust Bowl.
>>
I tried a bottle of st bernardus christmas ale, but all I could taste was sour. did I get an expired bottle or something?
>>
>>8414155
Kolsch has really taken off over here in Australia in the last few years. Not sure about over in America, UK etc. But yeah it's a really good alternative to lagers, pale ales, golden ales for refreshing summer drinking.
>>
>>8414212
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>8416375
Definitely sounds like an infected bottle. I get some slight raisin/currant notes, but nothing remotely resembling tartness. Sucks to hear that mate, it's a really wonderful beer. Give it another go sometime, you won't regret it.
>>
>>8414191
Did you live in the Philippines before that?
>>
File: DSCN0916.jpg (238KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0916.jpg
238KB, 1200x1600px
Drinking this. Much better than the last time I had it. More fruity and balanced. Minnesota brewery with potential. Also love their logo. Not my pic.
>>
File: JetBlackHeart_1.jpg (947KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
JetBlackHeart_1.jpg
947KB, 1240x826px
What do you think?
>>
>>8412260
>>8412268
Their summer warmer was interesting. I really think they found some hops on the cheap and didn't know what to do with it, so they put it really strong and says it will make you feel warm. It was like a high class malt liquor.
>>
>>8417489
Sounds about right. They've really gone downhill the last couple years.
Texans are cucks
>>
Anyone else fucking hate pilsners?
>>
>>8417610
Yes, they are mediocre at best. Fucking Czech fags
>>
File: frommypotato.jpg (58KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
frommypotato.jpg
58KB, 482x800px
Excuse terrible photo

Bought this from a beer shop in York a couple of days ago

Pretty nice, though it might be over the top chocolate/nutty but it's quite subtle.
I like Saltaire stuff usually and this is no exception.
>>
>>8417659
>over the top
>also subtle
are you just saying random words?
>>
>>8417684
I said I thought it MIGHT be over the top like some of these choconutcofee porters sometimes are

But it's not

Sorry if that was unclear Anon
>>
>>8417610
Not Czech pilsners. There aren't many beers I can think of that are better than a fresh tapped Pilsner Urquell. I've sampled some clones from microbrews that are only on tap in Kansas City that were awfully close, though.
>>
>>8417718
You forgot the t in thought is all.
>>
>>8417659
York, PA?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
New brews.
>>
>>8418108

That Burton Baton sounds good; going to have to keep an eye out for it.
>>
File: mXmQhjD.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
mXmQhjD.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8418108
dog fish head is a meme

delirium is a meme

unibroue isn't a meme but that particular megadeth beer they released is a meme

st bernardus is goat

mot familiar with teh rest

i just picked up pic related. took me about 4 hours of driving. kinda overrated IMO. you can't trust beeradvocate reviews anymore. these autists somehow conflate exclusivity with actual flavor which can be seen in the heady topper reviews too (overrated by a long shot, just as these tree house brewing beers are)
>>
>tfw there are 12 breweries within a 15 minute drive from me
>get nearly any style of beer I want brewed locally

based colorado
>>
>>8418129
Kys
>>
>>8418187
this 2 bee honest family
>>
File: The Ironing.jpg (61KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
The Ironing.jpg
61KB, 980x490px
>>8418129

>meme
>meme
>meme
>meme
>meme
>i just drove 4 hours because of a review on beer advocate
>>
>>8418129
maybe you just don't like beer
>>
>>8418448
no need to exaggerate. i called 2 of his beers memes and 1 a partial meme.

>>8418450
i like beer i just don't like being memed. dogfish head and delirium have memed before so I don't like them. i am a huge unibroue fan but the megadeath beer is an obvious meme
>>
File: Gulden_Draak_new_900.jpg (138KB, 758x900px) Image search: [Google]
Gulden_Draak_new_900.jpg
138KB, 758x900px
>>8412164
Gulden Draak is a favorite. It's got a strong, bitter taste at first, but then mellows out with some very sweet toffee notes.
>>
>>8418520
Oh yeah, it's also 10.5% ABV, so it only takes a few bottles to get a good buzz.
>>
File: 20161230_234039.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161230_234039.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Just opened these 3. Tomorrow for the big night we are planning some chart toppers.
>>
File: 20161226_215125.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161226_215125.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>8418823
Part of my contribution to the new years sampling. Alot of these we have on hand to give the first tasting before they go on lock down. As shown by the vintage sami and sam, the cellar has some cool shit in it. I also just got our groups first world wide stout and am interested to see what it will cellar like.
>>
is vodka evil? i drank beer every day for years and the other day i decide to drink vodka and get all sorts of evil violent thoughts that i never get and am completely not used to. wake up the next day actually frightened at the shit i was thinking about.

vodka = evil
>>
>>8416023
what's weird is that IPAs don't even strike me as being bitter usually. To me they seem crisp and floral/fruity.
>>
>>8418861
You were thinking like a slav. Embrace the slav lyfe
>>
>>8414235
Yeah I'm aware it's a macrobrew, but I think Guinness Extra Stout has a craft-like quality to it. It has wayyy more flavor than Budweiser, Coors, Keystone, etc.
>>
>>8417610
I think they're great for when you want a beer that's not overly flavorful but without resorting to drinking shit like Budweiser
>>
How common is it for girls to like beer other than Bud Light?
>>
>>8418883

Never met a girl that likes Bud Light.

They usually like stuff like Guinness, Wits/Hefeweizens, or occasionally fruit beers or ciders if they're on the younger side.
>>
>>8418892
Do you live in the US?

When I see girls drinking beer, it's usually macrobrews (usually US macrobrews but sometimes Heienken or Corona)
>>
>>8418898

>Do you live in the US?

Yeah. Guess it just depends.
>>
>>8418905
Maybe you hang out with cool chicks or something

I barely have any female friends, so I'm just judging this by what I see at bars
>>
Is he our guy /ck/?
https://m.youtube.com/watch
>>
>>8418924
Sorry I'm drunk and forgot youtub
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kIoKIYwRXMY
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 310x163px
Or is the guy our guy?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pzCn1AcDMD4
>>
>>8412727
Tried this once and it tasted like raspeberry vinegarette. Is that normal?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161231-000430.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161231-000430.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
Is albino rhino our guy /ck/?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o43v9hmJzQ8
>>
I like to try something new every time I go to the store. Old Rasputin is probably my favorite beer though
>>
>>8418973
Old Rasputin is solid. It was the first pack of beer I bought the day I turned 21
>>
File: fjh39htf9382h29.jpg (161KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
fjh39htf9382h29.jpg
161KB, 1080x720px
I'm from a small city in Canada (Victoria, British Columbia)

Phillips: Analogue (kolsch), Crooked Tooth (pumpkin ale), Longboat (chocolate porter), Wheat King (hefeweizen)
>overall favourite brewery

Driftwood: Farmhand (saison), Blackstone (porter)
>best bottle designs

Hoyne: Dark Matter (dark/brown ale)
>best dark beer I've ever had no meme

Moon Under Water
>brewpub slowly gaining traction in production/commerce, have had some great stuff there
>>
>>8412164
Shiner Boch is great. Shiner brand in general produces good beer. Shiner black and amber are both really good, but the fruity shit is too much.

My question, though, is what is the major difference is between Shiner Black and Guinness? considering the taste and texture are quite the same, but the former is a lager and the latter js a stout.

>>8418879
Tbph, I like Budweiser, but only because, as an alcoholic (meaning that I drink anywhere between 6 and 12 beers per night), I can't excessively drink decent beer due to its density and flavor. Budweiser is relatively shit, but compared to Keystone or Natty or PBR (or Milwaukee's or Rolling Rock or Miller or Coors or [heaven forbid] fucking Steel Reserve) Budweiser is the King of Shit.
>>
>>8412260
>>8412164
Shiner has yearly "Birthday Beer," which is different each time. This year's was a fruity ale, I believe, which I haven't tried, and last year's was a chocolatey stout, which was fucking heavenly.
>>
>>8418964
Yeah. I thought it had that subtle taste as well, but also had enough other shit going on in the beer that I enjoyed it. Wouldn't buy again though. A brewery north of me brewed the same style, but did a much better job imo.
>>
File: Berliner-Kindl-Group-Packshot.jpg (66KB, 768x750px) Image search: [Google]
Berliner-Kindl-Group-Packshot.jpg
66KB, 768x750px
>>8412164
You are missing Pils. Which you can pair with more Pils.

Picture fucking related.
>>
>>8417610
I think they're a great summer beer. Refreshing as shit. I could see why people might find them boring though. Victory has a pretty floral and malty pils that's pretty welcoming. Have only tried a handful from Europe, but I like a good hop bite to mine so I stick to American made pils.
>>
>>8419370
Leaving aside cultural biases, how does that Pils compare to a fresh Pilsner Urquell?
>>
>>8417610
Yes, they are by far the worst style of beer I have ever tested. Tastes like fucking super dry bitter grass
>>
>>8419497
This is very true. I lived in the midwest and tried to drink pilsner urquell because I heard how great it was. It tasted like skunk. Then, on a business trip to NY a bar had it on tap and it was a real revelation.
>>
rhino albino
>>
>>8419592
The fact that the locals drink shitty euro macros so quickly is just a sign of how bad the local beer scene is
>>
>>8418892
>Never met a girl that likes Bud Light.
Does anyone besides women drink bud light?

Bud Light is as momcore as beer gets besides maybe blue moon
>>
>>8420133
Well, this was before the microbrew thing really got going, so if you wanted anything other than US macros, euro imports were the only choice.

Is the NYC microbrew scene bad? That surprises me because they bring their water in from upstate resevoirs and it's really good water.
>>
>>8420183
NYC is far behind the Midwest and New England, its ok though and improving. Its not because of the water, its just a cultural thing
>>
>>8412273
I live across the street from a Sierra Nevada tasting room. Awesome place to try some of their rarer or barrel-aged offerings.
>>
>>8420287
>expensive place to do manufacturing

That makes a lot of sense. In a flyover area, a couple of people can pool together $300,000 and set up a microbrewery in an abandoned warehouse, even bringing it up to whatever codes are required. Memphis, due to the great water from our aquifer, is brewing some damn good beer, as a perfect example.
>>
>>8420542
Also noteworthy is that New York City was largely settled by Italians and Jews traditionally, while New England and the Midwest was mostly Irish and Germans, and the south Africans.
This is probably at least somewhat related to NYC's preference for wine
>>
>>8420551
Oi vey
>>
>>8420551
Could be that, too, although the Irish held a stranglehold on NYC for a long time. What was the name of that Irish bar that brewed their own beer since the late 1800's? McGonnical's or something like that. They had sawdust on the floors and served a light and dark ale only, brewed on premises. This was in the 80's so it may not even exist anymore.
>>
>>8420605
For sure NEw York was a very diverse place, I think the important part is that other less diverse parts were settled almost exclusively by beer drinking cultures so they have much more quickly and enthusiastically embraced the proliferation of good beer. I think this is just one of a handful of factors though
>>
>>8420614
Yeah, it was McSorleys. And I spent a whole enjoyable afternoon sitting in there in '87 having a blast. The funny thing was, Alan Ginsburg wandered in with his partner , but we were very careful not to "Howl."
>>
File: DSC_0219.jpg (839KB, 1575x2100px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0219.jpg
839KB, 1575x2100px
Pulled out one of my treasures for the day that's in it. 2016 batch of 200 Fathoms, an imperial stout aged in rum-aged blended grain and malt casks collab between Galway Bay Brewery and Teeling Distillery, two of my fave brewmakers in Ireland

This is more or less Ireland's Pliny the Elder, only a few thousand bottles made each year and it absolutely flies out. Only got my hands on four bottles this year. It's been ageing since April now so it's a lot less spirit-y. Miraculously drinkable with velvety milk choc mouthfeel. An absolute fucking treat, and one of the best beers I've ever had.

Cheers m8s
>>
>>8420753
When I was in Ireland last summer I stopped by their bar in Dublin, was a pretty good place
>>
>>8420792
Which one, Against the Grain, Beer Market, The Black Sheep? I absolutely love their beers and bars

Beer Market is especially cool because they have 20 unlabelled but numbered taps with constant rotationals, seasonals and exclusives. Sometimes they're the only place to get a single keg of a foreign beer in, so it's a pure beer nut's haven
>>
>>8420831
The Beer Market. Will definitely go back if I ever find myself in Dublin again. Tried a couple of their beers and a really good Belgian Lambic on tap there
>>
File: 1349346979113.png (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1349346979113.png
96KB, 480x480px
>>8420839
Damn good taste lad. Dyou get a go at their Buried At Sea Milk Choc Stout or DIPA?
>>
>>8420847
ha, those are precisely the two beers of their I tried
>>
File: 1378335220536.jpg (32KB, 495x528px) Image search: [Google]
1378335220536.jpg
32KB, 495x528px
>>8420856
>>
>>8420828
Of course you don't even know who Allen Ginsburg was, let alone the meaning of "Howl."

You sorry ass fuck, wake up!
>>
Thoughts on Allagash?
>>
>>8420902
Allagash is a very solid brewery. Their Black, White, Saison, and Tripel ales are all awesome.

Also tried their Hugh Malone Belgian IPA and that was nice.
>>
File: 1339411382059.png (8KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1339411382059.png
8KB, 429x410px
>IPA's
>Hoppy beers
>No mention of Bell's
>>
>>8412200
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Y
L
M
A
O
>>
>>8420926
yes we all know about two hearted, its good, settle down.
>>
>>8420938
>>8420957
Just saying, there's more than just two hearted out there.
>>
First time visiting this board, I didn't realize there were threads for craft beer discussion here but it's pretty fucking exciting to see that there are threads for this.

I work in the beer industry, which gives me access to a lot of beer and a lot of beer knowledge, if anyone would be interested in acquiring beers, or if they just want to pick my brain, let me know.
>>
>>8421015
There is pretty much always at least one beer thread here
>>
>>8412727
>>8414138 This.
I love pairing sours with some artisan cheeses and meats.

Also some of the fruity sours pair well with desserts. The acidity offers a flavor counter to the sweetness of some desserts, allowing one to better handle the richness of some desserts.
>>
>>8418108
Dissident is excellent. I have one aging in my closet right now, I opened one up a few months ago, it was phenomenal. One of the most complex sour beers I have ever enjoyed.
>>
Anybody here tried out 4Hands, or Left hands?

>fuck you captcha I don't give a shit about your fireworks
>>
File: founders pc pils.png (110KB, 247x300px) Image search: [Google]
founders pc pils.png
110KB, 247x300px
>>8417610
Just starting to finally appreciate pilsners actually. Cracked one of these open last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>8420902
Curieux is my beer of choice from Allagash. There was a bar in my area that had Curieux on cask, so it was basically creamy and room temperature bourbon barrel aged belgian style ale. It was truly something special.
>>
>>8421033
Left Hands or Left Hand out of Colorado?

The distributor in my area always has out of code beer from 4 Hands. I probably would love the beer if it wasn't super old and sitting on pallets at wholesalers collecting dust. The beers look good, but I can't find quality product in my region.

As far as Left Hand? Nitro Milk Stout is my shit, and I recommend that beer to anyone who enjoys Guinness Draught.
>>
>>8421037
Good one m8.

I actually anticipate that craft lagers and pilsners will be having a strong comeback in the next year or two, I think the hophead craze is near its end.
>>
>>8421041
Jesus man that's terrible. 4Hands is the shit. Resurrection Ale alone is as holy as it sounds.

Maaaaah nigga. You tried their chocolate milk stout? Maybe it's just me, but if I have it in a chilled mug, it tastes exactly like chocolate milk.
>>
A growler of a chocolate milk stout from the brewery I work at is treating me pretty well right now.
>>
>>8421015
I know you prolly can't say but d'you work in a brewery, off-license or what?
>>
File: 1482726460146.jpg (31KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1482726460146.jpg
31KB, 800x533px
>>8421046

>i think the hophead craze is near its end
>>
>>8421046
They are slowly becoming a common thing in breweries near me. I welcome it with open arms.
Two breweries have a year round schwarzbier near me. I think some just realize they need to put out something different to attract some attention with all the other breweries bombarding the market.
>>
>>8421062
Fuck yeah dude.

Great decision, or greatest decision?
>>
>>8421120
it's 9.3% so it's a pretty good way to end this rainy new years eve that's for sure
>>
>>8421268
Well either way, I wish you a happy new years for having good taste bud.
>>
>>8420551
What? NYC has always had way more cultures than that
>>
>>8420667
Are you like 50 years old?
>>
>>8420636
I really don't think that has anything to do with it. It's just that it'a cheaper to do business elsewhere. By the time the craft beer scene was a big thing, NYC had already become extremely expensive, and by now even the hood is expensive.
>>
File: champagne.jpg (80KB, 240x734px) Image search: [Google]
champagne.jpg
80KB, 240x734px
>>8412164
Who needs all these fancy schmancy peasant beers when you can have 'The Champagne of Beers'
>>
File: 1388176271749.jpg (193KB, 416x506px) Image search: [Google]
1388176271749.jpg
193KB, 416x506px
>>8418129

>meme beers can't be good beers
>>
>>8421795
I drink this a lot but it doesn't exactly pair well
>>
>>8421795

anybody with self-respect
>>
Am I the only one on here that just drinks beer to get drunk?! I mean, wtf
>>
>>8421869
Drinking to get drunk and drinking good things are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>8421869

Drinking beer to get drunk seems inefficient. Liquor is faster.
>>
>>8421884
Good point, but 4-5 to get things started is my routine, after that comes the good stuff.
>>
>>8421884
but beer tastes good
>>
My simple favorites:
>Sculpin IPA
>Stone IPA

I'm in Italy right now and the beer is terrible. They only got Peroni in most places or $6 a bottle for Italian craft beers.
>>
File: griffithdidnothingwrong.png (46KB, 266x256px) Image search: [Google]
griffithdidnothingwrong.png
46KB, 266x256px
>>8412166
>Oktoberfest
>drank in October

into the trash it goes
>>
>>8421795
They have good song and commercials
>>
>>8421907
Peroni is good though
>>
i have yet to find an actual good beer from the midwest
>>
>>8422055
New glarus in Wisconsin. Scheels brewery in MN.
>>
>>8422055
try GRAIN BELT
>>
>>8422055
What? You must not be trying very hard, the Midwest probably makes the best beer, primarily the upper midwest Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and Chicagoland is full of top tier beer
>>
>>8415219
They brewed their own beers, dumbshit. This year's Old Farmer's Almanac actually has a beer recipe from George Washington in it.
>>
>>8415219
People didn't really give many shits about Bud and Coors until the 70s
Schlitz was the real mega beer from post prohibition until then, and by most account it was actually pretty good until pressure from the shit Bud tier breweries selling super cheaply made near flavorless beer with massive marketing campaigns behind it brought Schlitz down
>>
>>8422055
Try harder.
>>
>>8422055
prairie makes good beers. try birthday bomb
>>
>>8422055

>baiting this hard
>>
>>8421884
I prefer getting drunk of beer as it tastes good
>>
Anyone here have Bronx Pale Ale before? It's delicious
>>
This is such a fun hobby, it's like there's an endless amount of beer out there to try.
>>
there are no good beers here in north korea
>>
What would you say the best craft brewing company is (whose beer is widely available)?
>>
>>8423082

Ayinger. Prove me wrong.
>protip: you can't
>>
>>8423092
If I find their shit, I'll give it a try. Any recommendations?
>>
Is Sam Adams beer snob approved?

I know it's a macrobrew, but Boston Lager and Boston Ale are great.
>>
>>8423082

>best craft brewer
>widely available

Ugh. Probably Sierra Nevada, Green Flash, Stone (is that everywhere?), or Rogue.
>>
>>8423102
Well I included that detail, because a beer that's only available in North Dakota wouldn't be of much use to me.
>>
File: IMG_20161231_171257.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161231_171257.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Went to Stone Brewing last night for NYE. It was absolutely pouring outside which was a shame because they have an outstanding outdoor garden area and the indoor seating/bar got very crowded after 9pm. Food was outstanding and the beer list was great; lots of desirable beers from Stone and a bunch of others on tap and a ton of rare bottles as well.

Favorites of the night were Oskar Blues Bourbon TenFidy and Arrogant Lucky Bastard

heres a shitty pic of the draft list with my broken phone camera
>>
>>8420902
The standard in American sour beers. The first to do it properly as well. They were the only people in the states to have a coolship for a long time.
>>
>>8423120
Where are you in North Dakota? Because if you're near Fargo you could probably get some good Minnesota beers.
>>
>>8412285
>>8412280
Try kilkenny cream ale if you like creamy stout and red ale, it's pretty nice. Also Beamish > Murphys
>>
>>8412301
Wheat beers often seem really fruity though (not as bitter I suppose) but it's the fruity sourness from hoppy beers rather than the bitterness that I hate (not him)
>>
>>8423175
cool
>>
>>8413009
>>8413691
>>8414235
They're still brewed by the largest alcohol manufacturer in the world
>>
Any thoughts on a guy that isn't into hoppy beer? My go to beer is Saint Arnolds Lawnmower. I can drink a 6 pack and want to go get more. I hate blue moon as it tastes like Bud Light and has no flavor.

I tried the Ale Wager and it's ok. It's just kinda bland.

I loved the Fat Tire Beer.

My selection is limited since all I have is shitty bud and coors around here dominating 98% of everything.
>>
>>8423474
Thanks for reading my blog make sure to like comment subscribe :)
>>
>>8423582

Those beers are all memes. I would advise you to never buy any of those again.

If you're not into hoppy beers, you should consider some darker beers. Stouts and belgian ales are appreciated pretty much universally so just look around for some trappist beers or any imperial stout
>>
>>8423602
Tell that to the people brewing it. Every store has a small semitone for craft.
>>
>>8423602

I like your style, dude
>>
>>8417659
You have some great taste anon, that's my go to.
>>
File: Breakfast-Stout-glass.jpg (50KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
Breakfast-Stout-glass.jpg
50KB, 800x452px
This stuff makes me jizz in my pants
>>
what type of beer should I try and brew next guys? I live in australia so dark beers aren't in season.

I've done pales/ipas and a kolsch before but I was thinking something different, not sure what though.
>>
>>8421906
>>8423007
>beer tasting good ever
>>
>>8424292
reported for underage
>>
>>8424253
Since it's summer here, I would suggest saisons and/or wheat beers.
>>
>>8424319
Speak of the devil I was gonna do a Saison and experiment with orange peel
>>
>>8424320
Exit Brewing have a saison in the core range, apparently it's good (I haven't tried it). Probably a good starting point. There's plenty of great ones out there though, one of my fav styles of beer.
>>
>>8412164
>Kölsch
Mein Neger
>>
Where do I get ipa in germany? Importing fucking sucks.
>>
File: FocalBangerCase2.jpg (500KB, 2088x1175px) Image search: [Google]
FocalBangerCase2.jpg
500KB, 2088x1175px
Got this today!
>>
>>8424880
the alchemist makes one of my fave beers, heady topper.
>>
File: FocalBanger.jpg (506KB, 2088x1175px) Image search: [Google]
FocalBanger.jpg
506KB, 2088x1175px
>>8424882
I know that fact very well! Europe here and a danish company flew one pallet of this one in day after canning so it was the only one they offered.

Still insane to get this beer at less than 3 weeks old (fucking holidays and post services shutting down!).
It is good for sure but we have local contenders these days so alot of the hype is unwarranted, still happy i have a case of the stuff!
>>
File: fernson lions paw.jpg (143KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
fernson lions paw.jpg
143KB, 500x667px
I've been really enjoying Lion's Paw by Fernson lately. Local South Dakota lager that I'm seeing pop up on tap in the bars I frequent.

Now sure how wide their distribution is but try it if you get the chance
>>
>>8424672
Have a refugee Brew you one.
>>
>>8424880
>>8424893
Vermont has dank brewery's
>>
>>8424911
Lost nation
>>
>>8422111
Yards in philly actually produces a couple beers based in the founders recipes. Jefferson had damn good taste.
>>
I drank an Ale with sour cherries today. If someone told me it was Sparkling wine I would not be surprised. It was pretty sour but tasted ok/good.
>>
File: OmnipolloFatamorgana2017.jpg (445KB, 1125x2000px) Image search: [Google]
OmnipolloFatamorgana2017.jpg
445KB, 1125x2000px
Worse than last batch, still really good!
>>
>>8424904
I lived in Sioux Falls for a while and wasn't really aware of any breweries there (though I know of several vineyards). Are there any others there of note?
>>
Thoughts on smuttynose? It's the only brown ale I drink.
>>
File: BrewskiMangoFeber.jpg (477KB, 1175x2088px) Image search: [Google]
BrewskiMangoFeber.jpg
477KB, 1175x2088px
Not bad but Brewski should stick to the regular ipa range in abv as the extra alcohol seems to bring no edge!
>>
>>8425068
It's nicely made
>>
>>8424893
>>8424880
>>8424882

So let me get this straight. There are companies in Europe that source the shit from Vermont and then fly it in? top kek

Heady topper is good but Focal Banger is better IMO.
>>
I know it's a meme but I still haven't found anything better than Two Hearted.
>>
>>8425457
The company got the dibs on part of an shipmentof the beeer to be flown over to them right after the canning.
>>
>>8425463
How is it a meme? It's an all around great beer.
>>
File: 2016Christmas-beerandglass.png (900KB, 353x633px) Image search: [Google]
2016Christmas-beerandglass.png
900KB, 353x633px
Finally got around to trying a batch of this stuff. Really pleasant. Like what I always thought Christmas pudding would taste like, but subtle enough to not make me sick of the spiced flavor. Also really enjoy the label.
>>
>>8425061
Not really in Sioux Falls but if you get west river in the Black Hills there's a few. Crow Peak has a pretty good selection
>>
>>8424516
Tastes like shit.
>>
>>8425898
Get a load of this idiot!
>>
>>8425498
It's probably the most popular small-brewery beer right now. Normies love it too.
>>
>>8425973
Yes. My grandma likes it too.
>>
>>8425918
I live in cologne and I can't stand that sorry excuse of a beer. Nothing worse than going to some birthday just to learn they only have Kölsch instead of some real beer.
>>
This brewery is about a mile away from where I live and I could not be happier about that.
>>
>>8423480
It doesn't matter because craft is not synoymous with micro

>>8423322
No I used North Dakota as an example, I was inquiring about widely available beers so I would be able to purchase them.
>>
>>8424295
You would be surprised by how many adults don't like beer. They're plebs though, of course
>>
>>8424672
There has to be at least Lagunitas available by you
>>
>>8424946
What do those real old school beers taste like? I'm guessing they're pale ales and brown ales?
>>
>>8426119
Sure, Mohammed.
>>
Anyone else like IPAs but not really get the urge to drink more than one or two in a row?
>>
>>8412164
The easiest way to put it is that I drink beer.

I generally prefer the darker side, from a deep amber onward to the blackest of the black, but I do love me a well done pale lager, and even IPAs are nice when they aren't troped to death (e.g. "Hey, let's see how much Citra will make this completely unpalatable!")

I'm currently drinking a Beau's Lugtread I got for a tip for helping a large group of wealthy people do some new years things. I might follow this up with a few more despite the slightly confusing hop profile.

On tap (currently brewed and ready), I have a "Seasonal" ruby red ale. It's a bit too light to call it a porter, but it's pleasant to look at. Spiced all nice for winter, given a bit of saison because why not, and a light bit of Hallertau Gold to give the spicing some earthy depth.

Next round is a stout, brewing tomorrow (missed a batch... been really busy), probably aiming on the sweet-yet-black-as-the-gates-of-hell side. The batch after that will probably be an amber lager - I want to see if I can make something nice and crisp, but still milk some fruitiness out of some Galaxy or Legacy.
>>
>>8426380
I can't down them. Even if I'm really thirsty it'll still take me half an hour to drink a properly bitter IPA. They're my go-to for parties I want to drive home from.
>>
>>8426397
yeah I dont think I can down 6 of them like I could with almost any other beer. Even a reasonably hoppy pale ale is fine for downing but IPAs are too intense in flavor.
>>
>>8426413
It's all in the balance. It's so easy to make an ale hopped enough to travel the world unrefrigerated, but can you make it drinkable? It isn't that hard if you put your mind to it.
>>
>>8426380
Haha, yeah dude, that 100% describes me. I can't down them like I can with a stout or dark ale. It takes my stomach longer to digest them, I think. The grassy flavors just linger forever in my burps.
>>
>>8426475
I think it's also the flavor overload. It's so richly bitter that it's hard to drink quickly.
>>
File: lagunitas-ipa-12oz-2[1].png (102KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
lagunitas-ipa-12oz-2[1].png
102KB, 250x200px
>>8426380
The most beer I've ever drank was an entire case of Lagunitas IPA for my birthday a few years ago. I'm usually with you in not wanting to drink a bunch of them in a row but for some reason I just put them down that night without a contest or betting from friends or anything.
>>
>>8426501
I think it really varies person to person. I find the intense floral bitterness very refreshing and easy to drink. On the other hand, at least for me, anything darker than a red ale tend (but not comprehensively) get pretty sweet and cloying on my palette. I still enjoy imperial stouts, porters, etc but in general I find IPAs/pale ales incredibly refreshing and easy to drink.
>>
>>8412164
I like stouts and porters.
>>
>>8424893
How much did mikkeller charge you?
>>
>>8426811
oh god I couldn't imagine drinking 12 of those

I'm sure I can drink more than just a few if I tried but 12 would be rough

>>8426818
Well I find Pale Ales more downable than IPAs. Pale Ales are probably my favorite beer style.

As for dark beers, they seem to vary in sweetness. Sometimes they're kind of cloying and other times not so much. I can down Guinness Extra Stout with ease.
>>
Someone recommend me some top tier pale ales

:^)
>>
>>8426992
Bronx Pale Ale!
>>
>>8412164
I drink ALDI Saint Ettiene beer most nights. Otherwise I I brew my own beer.

>poor alcoholic.

Also, OP should try Munich Dunkel, or whatever it is called
>>
File: 5497630005_a750c03b19.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5497630005_a750c03b19.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>>8418129
>>
>>8412164
>Hey anons, any /beer/fags or /craft-beer/fags here?

No. As a britbong craft beer is practically unheard of here.

Of course it exists but it's the uttermost pretentious snob shit there is, I am 100% convinced that the term craft beer is merely a heavily marketed meme to sell off the less popular beers.

I don't understand at all the new American fad obsession with beers and autistically pairing damn beers with things.
>>
>>8427398
There's no point in making craft beer in Britain, aside from wanting to make your own beer. You actually have variety in your commercial successes
>>
>>8427398
"Craft beer" is just a more marketable term for microbreweries, of which there are plenty in the UK.
>>
>>8412738
minnesnowta fag here too. Will agree nordeast is great for the Scandinavian population as a quick drink. not a fan of surly tho.
>>
>>8427398
Jews got into the beer industry and made certain brands trendy so they could profit off the alcoholic goyim
>>
>>8412738
Minnesomalia reporting in.
I sure do love those big brown refugee cocks, how about you guys?
>>
File: 8803910385694.png (97KB, 246x344px) Image search: [Google]
8803910385694.png
97KB, 246x344px
>>8428121
The only Surly I really like is Furious. A glass of Furious and a basket of cheese curds is the best thing ever.

>>8428293
>being afraid of brown people

Sad.
>>
>>8428318
>happily letting your state get cucked as they pay for darkies housing with your tax money
Good goyim
>>
>>8414043

Literally and figuratively the GOAT beer.

We also hung a few of the little goats on the christmas tree because we didnt have enough baubles. Looked ok.
>>
>>8415770
Good shit anon, where'd you get that from? 0.99 for a six pack is ridiculously cheap for beers, glass too, even if it is a mediocre beer
>>
>>8428325
Most have jobs and work pretty hard. It's the blacks and white trash from North minneapolis that are the problem
>>
>>8428524
No they don't.
Don't make things up, they are fucking leeches.
Enjoy your cucked city
>>
>>8428532
>cucked city

Look Ma! I used two words together that have no meaning whatsoever.

Ya' dun good, Cletus. Dat dar 'puter sho' 'nuf makin' ya more smahter. Kep' it up, boy.
>>
>>8428585
You are retarded and have no argument.
You literally suckle Somali dick and let them take over your city.
>>
>>8428532
Oh okay. I didn't know.
>>
>>8428293
>being butthurt for no reason
>>
>>8430454
Are you implying that getting your city overrun with a plauge of darkness is not a reason?
>>
File: 1395967212866.jpg (370KB, 1022x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1395967212866.jpg
370KB, 1022x2304px
>tfw haven't found a better tasting beer than Guinness
>>
>>8432934
Literally any other stout
>>
>>8420276
Their barrel aged and special barley wines are bretty gud
>>
File: feelsgoodman.jpg (4MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.jpg
4MB, 6000x4000px
Tfw I live next to L I T E R A L L Y the best brewery at the moment on earth.

You jel?
>>
Are there any party stores in Warren MI / Macomb County that sell individual bottles of craft beer?

I'd like to expand my taste in beers but I don't want to spend $10+ on a 6-pack of something that I might hate.
>>
File: Bell's Beer.jpg (62KB, 829x404px) Image search: [Google]
Bell's Beer.jpg
62KB, 829x404px
>>8420926
>>IPA's
>>Hoppy beers
>>No mention of Bell's

Warren MI here and it pisses me off that I can't find Bell's at any local bars but I can find stuff like Sierra Nevada and such, which is imported from out of state!
>>
>>8421015
There's plenty of craft beer threads, but they just get called "beer threads" to avoid the attention of one relentless hyperautist in particular with a fixation on the term that spergs out over the entire thread almost every time someone posts "craft".

It doesn't matter that the vast majority of what gets posted in the threads is craft beer, he leaves the thread alone if you don't say the trigger word.
>>
File: lagunitas brown shugga.jpg (879KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
lagunitas brown shugga.jpg
879KB, 1224x1632px
>>8433140
But Lagunitas Brewery is like five minutes from me
>>
>>8433403

Lagunitas kind of sucks.

>still better than 90% of that constantly shilled flyover swill
>>
>>8433403
Lucky. Have you tried all of the Lagunitas so far? I've only had their flagship IPA, and the Maximus.
>>
>>8433412
I live in a non-flyover area, and most people still drink macrobrews.
>>
Is Sam Adams a good example of what American beer tasted like prior to shit like Budweiser, Coors, etc. being the predominant choice?
>>
One of my favorite bars I go to has nothing on tap but Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Shock Top, Sam Adams, and Guinness Draught (the latter two are the only ones I get), it's so sad
>>
>>8433424

It's really impossible to say.

Prohibition killed off anything resembling "craft", or small time, beer. The only things that survived where garbage big time commercial production type swill.

SA may have been one of the first comebacks to show that America used to have halfway decent beer, but it's still a mediocre macro-lager at the end of the day.
>>
>>8433434
I beg to differ on Sam Adams Boston Lager, I think it's pretty tasty.

Their Boston Ale is pretty good too in my opinion.

But yeah like you said, Sam Adams was like a stepping stone for the craft beer movement.
>>
Has anyone here tried Brooklyn beers before?
>>
>>8433215
dude what Two Hearted is everywhere here in Michigan their Christmas one was too
>>
>>8433140
I've only ever seen ipas from them. I would hardly call that the best brewery on earth if that's all they make.
>>
File: brooklyn-sorachi-ace.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
brooklyn-sorachi-ace.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>8433463
Yeah of course.

Sorachi Ace is dope af.
>>
>>8434074
I haven't had that one yet but want to try it!

So far I've had the Brooklyn Lager, Pilsner, Insulated, and East IPA, all were great.

Brooklyn Lager is on tap at many places here, so it's one of my go tos.
>>
>>8433463
Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout is really great.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.