[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

perfect eggs benedict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: eggs-benedict-horiz-a-1600.jpg (69KB, 1600x1124px) Image search: [Google]
eggs-benedict-horiz-a-1600.jpg
69KB, 1600x1124px
Home cook here, giving a step-by-step recipe, including timing, on how to get your eggs benedict to come out better.

http://pastebin.com/eASedbyj

This recipe DOES scale ; you may want to very lemons (or not use a key lime) depending on sweetness, size, and citric acid (I used two small lemons and one large ones, but they were fairly acidic). Same goes for pepper - I had to use three dashes of it, but it was weak.

Tools can vary as well, this is just a basic outline of the things you'll need.

If you don't know how to separate eggs, you crack it, peel one half off while holding the egg over a bowl, then flip the yolk into the other half. You use the egg white's own weight to peel it off the yolk and drop it into the bowl. Finish by balancing it on your fingers with them slightly spread to get the last of it out.

Have a trashcan nearby.

Be more concerned about getting egg yolk into the whites than vice-versa, especially if you're using them to cook (waffles, etc) ; so if you break them dump real fast into the other bowl.

Goes well with champagne that has orange slices soaking in it.

Feel free to ask other questions.
>>
How well does hollandaise sauce keep? When I wake up I can't be fucked to go through the effort of making any but if it keeps well I would probably make a batch the night before and toss it in the fridge.
>>
>>8404498
Not well sugar (lemon juice), water, proteins - even with the emulsifier, salt, and butter it in it'll only last for about week (longer/shorter, depending on how dry your fridge/area is).

Correctly made and evenly blended as the recipe calls it should freeze effectively and keep for about a month (like a solid block of butter would), although I haven't tried nor tested this.
>>
File: 1430350569475.png (49KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1430350569475.png
49KB, 396x400px
>tfw I have eggs benedict every Christmas
Was good as usual, love that shit.
>>
>tfw scrambled the hollandaise again
JUST FUCK MY WHOLE LIFE UP
>>
>>8405022
>order eggs Benedict at a breakfast place
>the egg whites are clear and wobbly still
>ask what the fuck is this and send it back
>waitress brings it back
>hollandaise is fully cooked, English muffins are soggy, and the eggs themselves are basically hard boiled
>they clearly just put the dish in a broiler and cooked it
>ask her if there's a trainee cook covering today
No, it's the normal cook; Is something wrong?
>tell her the cook should go back to washing dishes and walk out
I didn't bother remember the name, but fuck that blue breakfast diner in South Lake Tahoe.
>>
File: LickTheHandsWhichFeedYou.jpg (215KB, 792x732px) Image search: [Google]
LickTheHandsWhichFeedYou.jpg
215KB, 792x732px
>>8405110
>Didn't bother to remember the name
>but fuck that blue breakfast diner in South Lake Tahoe
lul'd
Food is always garbage around Tahoe. They understand that they can put in minimal effort and use crappy ingredients and people, even the wealthy, will just swallow it because fuck if they're gonna drive to Truckee or Reno. I just buy groceries and cook for myself and m friends every time I go there.
>>
>>8404498
Oh, I misunderstood your question. Yes, the sauce refrigerates nicely, and when re-heated is mostly fine. It's not as good texturewise, but the cayenne should have had time to rest, giving it a slightly better taste.

>>8405022
Whisk hard, keep the double-boiler temperature low enough that it only feels warm under your hand - and is touchable.
>>
>>8404836
>keeping hollandaise for a fucking week.

Hollandaise lasts 1 day, unless you're doing a vac pack recipie
>>
>>8405737
>fucking Hollandaise refrigerates well

Holy shit I'm crying
>>
Now that I'm less drunk, here's a fixed version that doesn't have gibberish in it.

http://pastebin.com/dJWbc9NX
>>
Try fake-me-out hollandaise. You can read about it here: https://warosu.org/ck/thread/6177637
>If you don't know how to separate eggs, you crack it, peel one half off while holding the egg over a bowl, then flip the yolk into the other half.
To separate eggs, I crack them into a bowl and carefully remove the yolks with my fingers into a second bowl. As we are meant to start with clean hands to begin with, it's just an easier way to do it, IMO.

>>8404498
>>8405022
Try the fake-me-out version. Takes all of five minutes to cobble together and with considerably less effort than normal hollandaise. Furthermore, it's near impossible to screw it up.
>>
>>8405762
Use more salt and cook more of the water out - the fridge also has a dehydrating effect.

>>8405765
You may need to add water if you live in a particularly dry area.
>>
File: 1474640497904.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474640497904.png
260KB, 620x640px
How are you people keeping hollandaise for more than the time it stays warm? Am I being trolled? It turns into a solid block in the fridge, seeing how it's mostly butter, and the sauce will then break when melted.
>>
>>8405922
It's either a troll or a ''''home cook''''
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.