[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dehydrator foods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: File Dec 24, 4 01 01 PM.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File Dec 24, 4 01 01 PM.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I bit the bullet and bought myself a dehydrator from craigslist for $30 today. Anyone got any fun food projects to use it for? My primary idea right now is to put chicken wings in there for a few hours to dry the skins out a bit to get them crispier when I oven roast them. I'm also interested to try to make a meat "chip", similar to how pork rinds are made - I don't know if the cell structure of muscle tissue would lend to that though.
>>
>>8401717
>chicken wings
Just refrigerate them uncovered. Leaving them in a room temperature dehydrator for a few hours sounds like a good way to make yourself sick.
>meat "chip"
>similar to how pork rinds are made
Pork rinds are fried you fucking mong.
If you put meat in a dehydrator, you get jerky.
>>
>>8401717
You fucking idiot. Do yourself a favor and put it on Craigslist for $35, save yourself the electricity.
>>
>>8401733
Bacteria dies at 165 and I'm going to be baking the wings in the oven for at least 20 minutes afterwards, I feel like I'm still in safe bounds considering this

>pork rinds
pork rinds are pieces of skin that are dehydrated into a little shriveled chip, then deep fried. Once this dry skin chip hits the hot oil, the remaining moisture inside explodes causing the skin to puff up, giving the pork rind it's crispy puffed form. My issue with pork rinds is that they don't contain a complete protein, just like 4 amino acids that you don't even need. By doing a meat chip it would be a complete protein and therefore better nutrition, I just don't know how to go about it to make it more chippy.

>>8401735
kill yourself. just because you're miserable over the holidays doesn't mean you have to lash out at others
>>
>>8401800
you can't cook out bacteria or toxins lol
>>
>>8401820
you kill the bacteria with heat, the concern is that the bacteria shit out toxins that don't break down in heat onto the food before they die. If the bacteria are actively dying as soon as they get into the dehydrator (ie. if it's set to 165f), then it's not a huge concern
>>
>>8401717
Stupidly bought one myself several years ago. Now we dry fruit, peppers and tomatoes on trays in the car on hot summer days. We make beef and venison jerky in the electric smoker or oven set at 150F.

Knuckle up and realize you got conned just like me.
>>
>>8401717
Dry your own herbs.
>>
>>8401820
>you can't cook out bacteria or toxins lol
kek you fucking retard, cooking creates toxins it doesn't remove it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.