[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHITE BREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Rustic-Bread-jpg.jpg (239KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
Rustic-Bread-jpg.jpg
239KB, 600x398px
My cousin from New Jersey who drove all the way to AZ (where I live) brought up an interesting point. Have you ever noticed that all white bread tastes like sourdough? At least here, it's pretty difficult to just find white bread. We were at Cheesecake Factory and he mentioned that the white bread they brought out before the meal was actually white bread. He's been trying bakeries all around the country between here and NJ and he says its hard to find real white bread.

Why is this, /ck/? Is sourdough just really cheap or easy to bake or something?
>>
>>8398527
First post
>>
> it's pretty difficult to just find white bread
do you have down syndrome?
>>
>>8398536
yes ma'am
>>8398544
guess so
>>
White bread IS sourdough.
>>
>>8398581
hm
he's a mech. engineer so i assumed he knew everything
>>
>>8398527
what the fuck are you talking about. and no, while I don't know about the industrial methods of bread making, sourdough takes a lot more effort and labor to produce than standard yeast leavened bread. however if you pre ferment your bread for 12 hours or so you only have to use a fraction of the yeast, and your bread will taste more creamy and sour, so maybe bakeries do this overnight to cut yeast costs
>>
>>8398601
thank
>>
>>8398527
Yes I know you mean. I think it's the water. All bread on the West coast has this sour aftertaste. While East coast bread has a sweet aftertaste. PA has limestone filtered water, good for beer, pretzels, and bread making.
>>
>>8398611
finally
>>
Quite inferior to my homemead bread with sourdough, rye, buckwheat and whatnot... Austrian Bauernbrot
>>
>>8398611
brah they add an acid to the bread to make it sour. Asorbic acid, I think
>>
>>8398721
No, they don't. The quality and mineral content of the water dictates the taste. Slow down and taste your food.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.