[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pressure cooker gift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Is this a good pressure cooker for a gift?

https://www.amazon.com/T-fal-Stainless-Dishwasher-Pressure-6-3-Quart/dp/B00EXLOW38/ref=lp_289825_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1482450796&sr=1-2
>>
File: 1 no.jpg (9KB, 480x360px)
1 no.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>
>>8396476
Just get a dutch oven.
>>
>>8396488
Why no? I'm don't know much about this stuff
>>
get the presto 01370

it's 8 quart. I use mine every day. add a little oil to whatever you're cooking and you're golden. It also has a better, more complete warranty compared to the t-fal.
>>
>>8396476
Cooks illustrated (who I trust for equipment reviews) recommends this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00023D9RG/?tag=cioequippilot-20
I suspect it's outside your price range though. They didn't review the t fall, but the consumer reviews are all very positive and for this sort of product I think that's meaningful. You might want to consider an 8 quart though. Thanks for being a thoughtful consumer
>>
>>8396595
If it isn't secured with at least three steel screws then it's just an accident waiting to happen. Pressure cookers are basically steam-powered bombs; if you trust something like that to plastic then you deserve to have a loved one scalded to death.
>>
>>8396690
Three steel screws where
>>
>>8396692
That securely fasten the lid to the pot at the rim.
>>
>>8396648
>>8396689
These with a nod toward the Fagor. 6qt isn't big enough; go with the 8.
>>
>>8396694
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I've never seen that on a pressure cooker.
>>
File: all-american-921.jpg (23KB, 447x447px)
all-american-921.jpg
23KB, 447x447px
>>8396703
I think he's pretty much promoting All-American pressure cooker/canners.
>>
>>8396703
Search for pressure canners.
>>
>>8396720
Modern pressure cookers generally don't have those
>>
>>8396737
right, that's why I said the brand name "All-American" because I'm not sure of any other manufacturer that does it.
>>
>>8396741
What makes you say it's better?
>>
>>8396699
m8 the presto is a better pressure cooker. brush/rub oil on the rim, add a splash of oil, and it is good to go. Mine has survived 2 years of daily use without issues, and I don't see anything breaking on it.
>>
>>8396751
the pressure regulator on the fagor is plastic. the presto uses a metal weight, like the old style ones.
>>
>>8396648
>>8396689
Thx m8s, i looked through all the suggestions in the thread and went with the presto
>>
>>8396476
For me it's the insta pot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.