[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mysterious blue cloth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: bluecloth.jpg (45KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bluecloth.jpg
45KB, 800x800px
are these one use?
>>
Those are called shop towels, and for kitchen applications, I would say they have two or three, save for messy plate or pans. They're the best for soaking up large amounts of grease
>>
>>8396248
but like, i dont understand the purpose of them
are they for washing up?
why not use a sponge or some shit, it'll give you a lot more uses
>>
yes

i use shop towels in the garage where they belong
>>
File: Scott Shop Towels, Blue, 10 ct..jpg (85KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Scott Shop Towels, Blue, 10 ct..jpg
85KB, 768x768px
>>8396217
>mysterious blue cloth
I actually use this brand in my kitchen, they absorb liquids much better than OP's brand.
Also you can let them dry and reuse them if you just clean water on your coutertop
>>
>>8396248
not shop towels they look like j-cloths
>>
unrelated question, but how do you guys clean a jagged knife without cutting up the sponge/cloth you're using to clean it
>>
>>8397739
very carefully
>>
>>8397743
that doesn't help though
because sometimes you have to clean something right off the jagged part, and if you're too deliberate it doesn't go away, if you use enough force to clean it you fuck up your sponge
i'm so perplexed by this, it just kills my sponges
>>
>>8397745
honestly I think you are just using serrated knives too often.

really the only times you need them are when you are 1) cutting bread and 2) cutting steak.

unless you fresh bake/buy bakery and eat steaks multiple times a week, you shouldn't be having to wash serrated knives on the regular.

a normal person doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>8397749
i think you might be damn right
thanks so much, i was not aware of this
used them for everything because they just cut better
>>
>>8397745
you should be able to scrub it longways or vertically without catching it on the teeth you fucking faggot
>>
File: 16189154.jpg (21KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
16189154.jpg
21KB, 450x450px
>>8397760
you might just be used to using dull knives. a dull serrated can "cut better" than a dull non-serrated, but a sharp non-serrated can slice a tomato without any resistance.

go to target and get a cheap ceramic knife like this and you'll see the difference. I know ceramics are a meme here but I use one for 90% of my food prepping needs. sharp as hell and cheap as hell.
>>
File: 14190009.jpg (19KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
14190009.jpg
19KB, 450x450px
>>8397760
>>8397772
actually I don't think that one had a ceramic blade, but these do
>>
>>8397760
>serrated knives cut better

Get thee to a sharpener
>>
>>8397772
>>8397776
so do you sharpen your knives or just buy a new ceramic each time
and yeah i realized this as soon as i read your post
>>
>>8397780
I'm single and only cook for myself, so I don't have a lot of wear and tear or people abusing my gear, and I'm not really into high end stuff, so it's more cost effective for me to just replace when I need to. If I actually had expensive knives, maybe someday, then I'd sharpen.
>>
>>8397785
gotcha
live the same life, will buy cheap knife
thx again mate
>>
>>8397697
this

shop towels are just thicc paper towels and completely different
>>
File: sponge.jpg (8KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
sponge.jpg
8KB, 300x250px
>>8397745
This.
>>
>>8397785
bro if ur still here, how long do they last for you btw
>>
>>8397804
this is shop towel >>8397225
they work great in kitchen cleaning applications
>>
>>8397745
have you tried with a brush?
>>
>>8399538
no actually
haven't used it yet
doesn't seem like it'd work though
does it?
>>
>>8399560
I don't know lol
but you seem very concerned about ruining sponges anyways
I'm guessing a hard brush and enough soapy water would be good enough to clean usual food related debris
sounds like a hassle though
>>
>>8397772
don't buy ceramic
>>
>>8396217
I use these in the garage.
>>
>>8399582
well im going with what the other dude said, and i'm just going to start using ceramic knives

>>8399594
you gotta be kidding me
what's wrong with ceramic
>>
>>8399612
>what's wrong with ceramic
do you eat anything besides vegetables? if yes, that's why
>>
>>8399620
fuck it he said it's cheap i'm giving it a shot
if it doesn't work i'll buy a different one
what's wrong with using ceramic on meat anyway
>>
>>8399620
to expand, you can get one ceramic knife and use it on veggies but it is shit and will eventually break on everything else.
>>
>>8399632
it will break. you can only use it for slicing easy to slice stuff, and it is very good at that.

but if you are actually going to be cooking there is no way in hell it will accomplish everything you want it to. so get a cheap ceramic for your veggies if you want and a steel one to use other times
>>
>>8399638
ok ill take note of that
thanks
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.