[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on kratom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: 1473019998654.png (2MB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1473019998654.png
2MB, 1698x1131px
Thoughts on kratom?
>>
>>8395041
not sure if this is the appropriate board, but it can be pretty nice once in awhile. I like to have a couple of beers with it.
>>
more like crapom
>>
I don't feel any sort of high or buzz from it but I knock back a table spoon or two for pain when I need it.

I'm not sure if its worth any sort of culinary use since mixing it with anything will make it taste awful so you might as well just bite the bullet, choke a spoonful down and chase it with a beverage.
>>
>>8395041
I once had a shattered femur, smoked some kratom and listened to Grateful Dead and I was completely healed within an hour.

Fuck the FDA and the DEA all drugs are healthy.
>>
Tried it for the first time last night. Ate three scoops. I'm trying like hell to figure out what spice it reminds me of. Smells like I'm walking around a middle Eastern grocer.
>>
>>8395747
How were the effects?
>>
I bought a kilo a month ago and now I've used about half of it. You definitely build up a resistance. If you use any kind of opiate and have a tolerance you probably won't even feel it. After a couple weeks of every day use I haven't felt anything. There's no way I would put this shit in food.
>>
>>8395041
this isn't the right board or the right chan for this, better check 420. that said, i love just laying around in bed late at night with a good dose going on and having a dream like state while still somehow awake. but damn, i can't really get to sleep for an hour or two so the recreational factor is not really there
>>
>>8395713
Fucking truth right here. I broke a couple of ribs once during a botched beer run and after a night of smoking kratom, eating fish sticks and watching the matrix I was fucking tip top m8
>>
>>8395713
>>8395767
never smoked it, how is it different compared to oral application?
>>
>>8395774
harsh as fuck and gives heart palpitations
>>
>>8395041
Lainchan is slow as molasses, but they have a dedicated drug board: lainchan org/drg/index.html

Measure reply time by days, not minutes or hours.
>>
>>8395767
>broke a couple of ribs once during a botched beer run

explain?
>>
>>8395749
Felt like half a Percocet.
>>
File: b8a.jpg (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
b8a.jpg
109KB, 640x480px
>>
Chris go to bed
>>
Terrible headache the day after having some.
>>
What are the effects and side effects of this stuff? And does it have any culinary use at all? I never really of this stuff before.
>>
>>8395041

it does barely anything. and i take several tablespoons.

it's also disgusting.
>>
>>8395041
Little to no recreational value for me but I have a high opiate tolerance. Pain relieving properties are mild and can be done better by better tasting alternatives. Also the people saying they got high from smoking are lying. You have to injest orally
>>
>>8395749
I used to order it online by the kilo directly from SE Asia. The buzz is very mild, even in large doses. Someone else ITT said they smoked it. I wouldn't smoke it. It's harsh and bitter enough just drinking or eating it. The effects are mild enough not to fuck you up, and it's a useful tool for kicking other addictions, but it absolutely is addictive itself. Take it for five days in a row and on day six you're gonna wake up shivering in a cold sweat jonesing for a spoonful of the crate.
>>
i couldn't live without the stuff, it's a life-saver.

>i take it literally every day
>order a kilo at a time
>have a little device where i load 50 capsules at a time
>take it mainly to help me sleep

>>8396116
>6 days and you're addicted

i wouldn't say 6 days. i took it off and on for like a year and never got addicted. now that i'm taking it daily, i do get cold and sweaty if i don't take it. shit sucks but it's better than never sleeping.
>>
>>8395713
>>8395767
lol
just some wild and crazy guys!
>>
>>8395782
lainchan is utter garbage kys please
>>
>>8395767
>broke a couple of ribs once during a botched beer run
Small world
>>
>>8396154
How much do you normally take in a day? I took 4 grams for 3 days and had a terrible headache today.
>>
A co-worker of mine introduced to me to kratom a few months ago and I loved it, proided clarity and ain relief in the morning, was more productive at work.
Then the guy died a few weeks later from a Xanax overdose and since then I have avoided kratom just because of the association but man did I love the stuff.
>>
File: Weedboi.jpg (128KB, 612x763px) Image search: [Google]
Weedboi.jpg
128KB, 612x763px
>>8396610
>Then the guy died a few weeks later from a Xanax overdose

It's not possible to OD on Xanax alone... That isn't to say Benzodiazepines are the most wicked drugs on the face of the Earth.

Has anyone made any dishes with Kratom? What could you possible cook with it? I'm guessing nothing, considering it is so sandy and awful tasting. Weird thing is, I liked the taste at first, and now that I think about it, I want to vomit. Haven't taken drugs like that for at least a year and a half...
>>
>>8395041
It cured my IBS/GERD issues completely. Miracle drug. Though an anti-inflammatory probably would have also worked.
>>
>>8396604
i have a pretty huge tolerance. i take anywhere from 10 to 15 caps that are 735 mg each. it's never given me a headache though. my friends who take it have never said anything like that either.
>>
>>8396641
>It's not possible to OD on Xanax alone...
I should've mentioned he downed a handle of vodka as well, but yeah you're correct.
>>
>>8396154
>i took it off and on for like a year and never got addicted

interesting...

>now that i'm taking it daily, i do get cold and sweaty if i don't take it

...and there it is. that's called physical addiction. kratom is still an opioid, it's just not quite as strong as others.
>>
>>8396701
i was saying that 6 days wasn't enough to get addicted, in my experience anyways. for me it took weeks and weeks of daily use for that to happen.
>>
>>8396677
>i have a pretty huge tolerance. i take anywhere from 10 to 15 caps that are 735 mg each

Which is about like taking a teaspoon of children's Motrin.
>>
does anyone straight just eat a couple heaping tablespoons of kratom powder instead of caps?
I just put a big heap on my tongue then down a glass of water.
tastes awful but does the trick desu
>>
>>8396730
that's the only way to take it. those who make tea are retarded and those who put in any more effort than that are extra underage
>>
>>8395782
I really wish lainchan was a bit faster. I live all their boards.
>>
>>8396730

I used to do that but after taking too much a couple times, I got very nauseous and even threw up once, and now I can't stomach the stuff. It's very hard to get a proper dose if taken recreationally because I start getting nice effects at 1 tsp and start getting nausea at like 1.5 tsp.
>>
Where the shit can you get it now?
>>
>>8395749
mild, felt mellow and relaxed without the mental fuckery of weed, fell asleep easy...then I had to puke early in the morning
>>
>>8396730
Thats what I do. I tried mixing it with yogurt but the amount of yogurt you'd have to consume to avoid the blunt of the taste is ridiculous and its not worth the effort of trying to mix it.

>>8396767
I also had this issue because I took it for severe pain. Got to the point where I was still feeling most of the pain so I'd try more and it just didn't work out. That was at three tablespoons though, and not all at once. More like spaced out between a few hours, the last dose was just a teaspoon and it was enough for shit to go sour.

I don't feel any recreational use from it(maybe im buying from a shitty vendor but the dude is nice and sends a ton of free samples of other strains) but its a godsend for pain. I might have grown a tolerance though since it was the only thing allowing me to continue to work my job.
>>
Stuff is great. I have some mixed with matcha and I just take about 1-2tsp dry in the mouth and flush down with cold water. It gives me smooth energy while still being relaxing. Most interesting...
>>
>>8396730
i mix in just a little hot water to it, enough to make it into a thick paste. it makes it way easier to toss and wash.
>>
>>8397706
that's an interesting new idea for the toss and wash, but why hot water? does it really make a difference to cold water?
>>
>>8397839
i was experimenting with making kratom tea. while disgusting, it was WAY more potent. same idea applies. i forgot to mention that i also add lemon or lime juice to the kratom paste. apparently the acidity of the lemon/lime activates certain alkaloids or some shit in the kratom. when i toss and wash doing this, it hits me way faster and harder than normal. shit's ridiculous.

the paste is way easier to ingest. sometimes with the powder i'll accidentally inhale some, or while washing it down it will spread everywhere in my mouth and get caked on my teeth.
>>
if I were to use kratom once a week or so is there any chance of developing physical dependence? i have never used any opioids and i can't tell if i should be scared of this stuff. i certainly don't trust the "lol it's just a natural plant bro legalize it" morons
>>
>>8399683
No. You can use heroin only once a week and won't become physically addicted. Kratom is like a fraction of a weak vicodin.
>>
>>8399683

With once a week use you won't develop any physical dependency. It isn't really mentally addictive either because the effects aren't mind-blowing. It's still fun to take as a mood enhancer while shitposting on here, like a few cups of coffee or a few drinks of alcohol would do.
>>
File: capsule.jpg (18KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
capsule.jpg
18KB, 280x280px
I use one of these machines (pic related) to press it into caps. 18-20 is my typical dose, and it gives me crazy focus/creativity. Plus, if I smoke some weed with it and then lay down, I get crazy waking dreams, closed-eye visual type things. It's super cool. One minute my room, close eyes, suddenly vivid scenery. Open eyes, back to my room.
>>
what does kratom actually feel like

only drugs i've done are weed and alcohol
>>
>>8400237
>what does kratom actually feel like

Kind of like an opiate, the buzz I've gotten off of it has, at most, felt like about 10-15mg of hydrocodone with no tolerance. But it also is energizing, to the degree that you don't really nod off. It has pleasant body feels, aside from a little nausea. Mixes well with weed. I wouldn't recommend eating on it, though, since it causes your digestive system to slow way down. I like it on a Sunday morning when I don't have to do anything, and it makes me more likely to tidy up around the house.

Also, it makes sex feel amazing but also makes it impossible to cum, so it's great for hour long exhausting sex marathons.
>>
>>8395782
>get rid of /cyb/, the literal reason for the site
>come back
>>
>>8395041
>Thoughts on kratom?

I'm allergic to it.

t. Superman
>>
>>8396965
the mental fuckery is the best part. Eating fastfood in my apartment while listening to vaporwave feels like I'm eating a five star meal in a penthouse.
>>
File: 1480724655631.jpg (85KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480724655631.jpg
85KB, 720x720px
somewhat related, i've been ordering this stuff called "Phenibut". it's basically like xanax except you can't really get addicted, because your tolerance builds up so much after one use. so you can only really take it once, then you have to wait a few days before you feel it again.

>lasts for HOURS
>makes you not give a shit, you feel more alpha overall too. i love it for work, because i have to speak in front of big groups of people occasionally.
>music sounds AMAZING, people have compared this effect to ecstasy. i've just sat and listened to music on my good headphones for like 4 hours straight.
>makes you REALLY horny. if i see one arousing picture, i have to rub one out. when i fap while i i'm on it my cum shoots super ridiculously far. plus i can go again and again.
>you will get the best sleep of your life. i slept as long as 14 hours too.
>doubles the effect of alcohol. like one or two drinks and you feel drunk. hangovers are twice as bad too.

it's no longer on the site i ordered it from, but this is where you can order it: http://nootropicsdepot.com/phenibut-hcl-powder/

>>8400237
it depends on the dosage. with low doses it's energizing and just an overall pleasant feeling. in high doses, i've had to lie down because my eyes get all fucked up and i feel somewhat dizzy. it felt like i was on REALLY powerful painkillers.

somehow, alcohol seems to cancel out the kratom, for me anyways. it mixes well with weed.
>>
>>8401183
forgot to mention how cheap it is. i ordered 500 grams of it, and that will probably last me more than a year. i think i spent like $80 total with shipping.
>>
I've been taking kratom for almost 3 years. It's a miracle plant. God bless the AKA for working so hard to keep it legal.

For those wondering about kratom, the best analogy I've found is: kratom is to opiates what coffee is to meth.

There's a massive heroin epidemic in my state, and they simply do nothing for these people who are addicted, aside from getting them hooked on methadone or suboxone, which is harder to kick than whatever they were using in the first place. Kratom has saved so many lives, and given so many people their lives back.

I personally use it for anxiety and depression, and it's really been a miracle. My standard dose is 2-4 grams (usually don't take 4 though), and I used to take more but decided to cut back because I realized I really don't need to take more to experience the positive effects. I used to fuck with extracts back when kratom was brand new, but that stuff (IMO) is no better than hard opiates. Taking only the plant matter keeps me in check.

I remember back in the day there was a botanical company that used to sell a 70x alkaloid concentrate (among 100's of other cool exotic plants). It was a creamy orange color and has the texture of finely sifted flour. That company went out of business after the FDA and DEA started making their lives miserable, and the owner became a kratom advocate and opened a store that sold only ground leaves.

Kratom was made illegal in Thailand because it was killing the opium trade for the British. Not much different than what the DEA is trying to do here. Thankfully, it looks like we've actually got some really good dudes and dudettes representing us in the Senate and Congress who listened to the thousands of people who called and wrote asking for them to pressure the DEA to rethink the emergency scheduling that almost happened earlier this year.

>>8396955
Online. There are dozens of shops.
>>
>>8401183
>it's basically like xanax except you can't really get addicted, because your tolerance builds up so much after one use
How the fuck do you think addictions start? People don't "wait a few days", they just take more to compensate for the tolerance
>>
>>8401183
I'm sold. Those crafty Russians
>>
>>8401333
good post, thank you mate
>>
>>8396742
I have chronical gastritis and tea is the only way to go for me as the powdered plant material irritates my stomach if swallowed. I usually put 8-11 grams of tea into a teabag, add exactely 0.5g of citric acid, seal it with a bit of string and boil it with 1.2l of water until it is reduced to 1l. The amount of citric acid added is calculated so that 1l of water would have a pH of 3 if no tea was added. It is the same pH as Coca Cola.
I am using kratom for over two years now and from what I have observed, more acid makes it too sour to drink and less makes the tea less potent, as the acid helps to make the ingredients more water suluable. When the tea makes me nauseous I usually eat a bit of cheese.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.