[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wine recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: wine2.jpg (1MB, 7296x5472px) Image search: [Google]
wine2.jpg
1MB, 7296x5472px
I've been tasked with bringing a couple of bottles of wine to a christmas soiree. I'm looking for stuff that's sweet and grape juicey (I don't like wine and I don't want to be asked to do this ever again)

What would /ck/ recommend?
>>
>>8390381
Franzia is cheap, grape juicey, and I guarantee they'll never ask you again.
>>
>>8390385
Is it known to be cheap? I want it to look like an attempt was made at least. I guess I could present it with an amusing anecdote like "it came highly recommended by the bum outside of the store" or something to that effect.
>>
>>8390381
This doesn't quite meet your recommendation but I promise everyone will like it. Fruit up front, mineral medium clean finish. Kung Fu Girl Riesling. It's like 9 bucks a bottle, assuming you're in America.
>>
File: Spiced-Wine.jpg (280KB, 575x811px) Image search: [Google]
Spiced-Wine.jpg
280KB, 575x811px
>>8390381
Given it's winter I highly recommend the following spiced wine recipe:

> 1 bottle red wine (I liked it with a cheap bottle of Barefoot brand Cabernet but do whatever)
> 6 cloves
> 6 star anise
> 6 green cardamom pods
> 6 allspice pods
> 2 cinnamon sticks (or equivalent size ground up if you're cheap)
> 10 black peppercorns
> nutmeg (not necessary, small amount to taste
> 1/2 orange
> 1/2 lemon
> 3/4 cup sugar
> 2oz vodka

> Combine dry ingredients and wine into pot over medium heat
> Squeeze and toss in lemon and orange
> Once the mixure begins to simmer, remove from heat and let it sit for five minutes.
> Add vodka
> Stir and serve

Notes:
> Toasting the spices before adding them is nice
> The simmering process will make or break the wine. Given that there's a lot of sugar, heating it too fast will turn the mixture thick and syrupy.

Once prepared you can strain it and pour it back into the wine bottle with a funnel. Only problem is that it's best served warm. You can let the bottle sit in some hot water for a little bit or you could let hot water run over it in a sink for a while.

I kind of hate most wine in general outside of cooking purposes but this was a really nice way to enjoy it for me.
>>
>>8390445
Excellent. I will pick up a bottle.

>>8390463
Would a malbec work for this? I actually have a bottle that I was gifted not to long ago.
>>
There is a Riesling I buy my dad because he has the same tastes as you called a dornfelder. Honestly just get yellowtail or some bargain Moscato that sorority bitches drink.
>>
>>8390476
Can't say I've tried Malbec before so it's hard to say. It seems better to choose something lighter given the list of ingredients which will contribute a large amount to the flavor and texture.

Honestly though I don't know shit about wine.
>>
>>8390497
A Malbec is already a fairly heavy-flavored wine. They can be buttery or peppery so I think he'd be better off with a blend if he wants to ruin the wine by making adult punch.
>>
>>8390513
Ah I see.

Definitely go with cheap wine then OP
>>
I tried this last night and it's very sweet and grape-juicy. I think it's definitely worth a try. I hate wine and I can drink this. It's pretty cheap too, 3$ for a small bottle.
>>
Welch's
>>
Browse through these and pick whatever your local liquor store has in stock.

http://www.bumwine.com/
>>
>>8390548
>>8390554
>>8390609
hardy har har, wisenheimers
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.