[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

share protips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1481598765049.jpg (33KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481598765049.jpg
33KB, 450x450px
I will start my protip with a little history lesson.

For most of the 20th century, laundry and dishwasher detergents had a healthy amount of phosphate as an essential cleaning component. Please understand that dishwashers and washing machines work by sloshing dishes and clothes around in an ugly mix of water, detergent, and soil from dishes and clothes. Without the phosphates in detergents, soil on dishes and clothes constantly redeposit themselves on the dishes and clothes throughout the cleaning cycle and are unable to release from the goods you want clean.

Algae loves phosphate though, so some misguided tree huggers convinced lawmakers that banning phosphate from detergents would result in positive effects for health of the nation's streams, lakes and ponds (it didn't). Over the past two decades phosphates were eliminated from household cleaners and fast forward to today, all of our clothes and dishes are coated in their own filth straight out of the machines, dishwashers and washing machines develop a disgusting slime around the bottom and around all their gaskets, and we have come to accept stewing in our own shit as the new definition of clean.

You don't have to accept the treehuggers' definition of clean though. You can buy trisodium phosphate at most any home center or paint supply store or even Wal Mart, and add small amounts of the powder (I suggest a 10:1 ratio of detergent to TSP) to off-the-shelf dishwasher and laundry detergents. You don't have to be a retard and buy overpriced Tide and Cascade Platinum detergent anymore. Just buy the cheapest detergents you can get, add TSP, and you'll find that you can use half the detergent you used to and rediscover what clean used to mean.
>>
>>8386421
For me, it's the Mcchicken.
>>
Thanks OP
>>
>>8386421
>result in positive effects for health of the nation's streams, lakes and ponds (it didn't)
Off-topic for /ck/, but am I correct in assuming this is because the amount of phosphate that dishwashers dumps in streams pales compares to the amount agriculture dumps?
>>
>>8386565
Yes. The phosphates ending up in lakes was a tiny fraction of what farms were contributing. The government made us all filthy for no reason.
>>
File: 1476811291751.jpg (1MB, 5000x3750px) Image search: [Google]
1476811291751.jpg
1MB, 5000x3750px
Why not use pure phosphate instead of diluting its cleaning power with detergent?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.