[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into cooking rice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 460x345-SPAM-Musubi-NEW[1].jpg (42KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
460x345-SPAM-Musubi-NEW[1].jpg
42KB, 460x345px
I just had my first (failed) attempt at cooking sushi rice for some musubi. I ended up under watering it and scorching the hell out of my rice. Everything still turned out edible, but what is the "proper" way to cook sushi rice?
>>
>>8385070

Wash rice (Japanese rice) three times.

Add some rice vinegar. For like 1 cup of rice, all you need is like 2 TEA spoons.
>>
You don't use sushi rice for musubis (if by sushi rice you mean the rice vinegar/sugar blend).

Invest in a rice pot. Everyone in Hawaii has one & p much every Asian household.

Rinse medium grain rice in cool water and drain. Add in equal parts water to the rice and push the button.

Use the rice plain or season lightly with salt or furikake seasoning.
>>
I've done it the "authentic" way, and I've also just added rice vinegar to one minute white rice from a box, and it always comes out good.

Hell, I got lazy after making 4 rolls and just put the rice in a bowl with all the other ingredients mixed throughout. Cucumber, salmon, avacado, and imitation lobster.

That being said: as trashy as I am, I will never use soy sauce or sriracha on my sushi, and you shouldn't either.
>>
>>8385100
Good to know. A rice cooker has been on my list for a very long time. I appreciate the help.
>>
>>8385070
FoodWishes method always works for me
>>
So today's my one year anniversary with my women and I'm making a tilapia bake and ys it was fresh caught with wild rice and steamed baby carrots any tips
>>
>>8385104
>no soy sauce to dip the sushi in
But japs do though anon
>>
Ugh, I used to get it perfect, but just today I overcooked a huge pot of sushi rice. I got so mad at myself I just forced my brain to pretend I'm starving and each time I eat some I think "YUM! this overcooked rice is SO GOOD"
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-19-14-35-49.png (385KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-19-14-35-49.png
385KB, 800x1280px
>>8386030
You got me all wrong, partner. I don't care about authenticity. But good sushi is like good steak or a proper hotdog. No sauce necessary.
>>
>>8386531
Fair enough, but soy is just a seasoning – kind of flavour magnifier, like salt and pepper.

If I saw someone putting srirachia shit on sushi, I'd look down on them as a turbopleb.
>>
>>8386030
Right but the quality of the shoyu is much better than the stuff you have...
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-19-16-49-54.png (126KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-19-16-49-54.png
126KB, 720x1280px
Zojirushi rice cooker and a mix of rice vinegar, mirin, salt and sugar for the flavoring afterwards. Quantities in the pic attached are the best I have found over the years.

Ventilate it with a fan while your incorporate the vinegar blend half at a time turning the rice with a wooden spoon so as to not crush the grain.
>>
>>8388884
You don't know me from Adam, or what I've got in my kitchen, cunt.
>>
>>8385765
If you don't feel like buying a rice cooker a simple pot with lid will be fine. If your rice scorched to your pot then your pot's probably too thin.
>>
File: hangiri.jpg (1MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
hangiri.jpg
1MB, 3872x2592px
>>8385070

Use the measurements from >>8388948

For cooking the rice follow this recipe:
1. wash rice
2. soak rice for 15 mins
3. cook rice until all water is gone (easier if you have a rice cooker)
4. let sit in pot covered with a damp cloth for 30 mins
5. add vinegar, sugar, and salt (mirin an nori optional)
6. let sit in a wide bowl (ideally a hangiri) covered with a damp cloth for 45 mins
7. ....
8. profit

if you make sushi often id recommend you invested in a hangiri as it keeps the rice on the perfect moisture level
>>
>>8385856
Wow dude! You caught a tilapia with wild rice and carrots?
>>
1:2 water / rice
less water if less rice (it will be mushy)
boil
then reduce heat to just above low (on my rangetop)
20 minutes then turn heat off, wait ten minutes
>>
>>8385070
Take your finger, fill rice to first nuckle, add water to second nuckle. Any size pot.
>>
>>8385856
Throw the fish away and order some za
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.