[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking with relatives over the holidays thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Anyone else have boomer relatives they're visiting now or will be? Why are these people so fucking picky?

Example 1. I bought 5 steaks for myself and several older relatives, and a cousin. 2 of the old fucks says "mushrooms and onions MUST be cooked in the same pan as the steaks at the same time". That's fine, if you're making 1 medium sized steak with enough mushrooms to go with it, but how the fuck can you do that with 5?

Example 2. I bought a bottle of wine, but "WINE DOESN'T GO WITH A MEAL THAT HAS SALAD" wtf? is this a thing?

Example 3 "Anon, put a ton of frozen peas in the basmati rice you just made, no no MORE....Anon, the rice is kind of mushy now, why do you like mushy overcooked rice?"
>>
>>8383298
Why do you let yourself get bulldozed by a bunch of finicky fucks? Make reasonable food, which it sounds like you did, and they can eat it or not. Stop letting yourself be victimized. It really looks pathetic.
>>
>>8383358
This. They may be your family but now it's your house and your call. They're the guests and they only get treated like guests if they give you the respect of a host.
>>
>>8383298
Boomers are the most uncultured pieces of shit to ever slither out of a vagina.

These are people who spent money on pet fucking rocks, for Christ's sake.

There is nothing a boomer can ever tell you that you should consider good advice.
>>
>>8383358
>Stop letting yourself be victimized

If there is anything I wish I could slam into our generation's heads it would be this.

Boomers are so terrified of getting old that they do their damndest to discredit their children.

>I don't like the way this tastes, anon.
>Why aren't you married yet, anon?
>Your generation is just entitled, anon.

They are vile fucking people.
>>
>>8383400
wtf? I made the first response to OP and I'm a boomer and there is literally no food I won't at least try. Also, I respect my hosts choices of food and how they want to prepare it. Not all boomers are impolite selfish little cunts.
>>
>>8383358
OP here, you're really right. That's basically what I did after having a few drinks. I pretty much decided fuck it and said "well you can eat what you get, or you can cook something yourself, your call"

They all got pretty sour about it but fuckem.

>>8383387
LEL @ pet rocks, so true though. One literally told me tonight that " a rare steak shouldn't have "BLOOD" on the plate".

>>8383400
Pretty much vile, yep. My dad for example, I've never spoke to him where he didn't whine and complain about everything, I'm starting to wonder if he and other boomers might have actual autism.

>>8383470
No, not all are, I don't know, maybe you were in the army or something or lived through some tough times where you couldn't be a picky fucking baby about everything. My one uncle the other dad had a butcher cut a roast for him to custom specifications, and then a few minutes later decided "you know, i don't think i'm in the mood for beef" and just set it on a random cold display case. I almost kicked him in the balls
>>
>>8383298
2. absolutely. Try eating salad with your wine. See what happens. There are specific wines that can somewhat make it through I'm sure but don't do that to your guests.
>>
>>8383659
It is true that a rare steak shouldn't have blood on the fucking plate. You completely fucked up if that happens.
>>
>>8383885
Well its not blood, its The myoglobin. But what they meant was "red colored juices". If you're telling me you cook rare beef and have absolutely none of this present, you're probably doing medium well.

>>8383880
Maybe you hate vegetables, but I tend to serve some form of salad with all meals I make. Are you saying that lasagne or other pasta shouldn't have red wine paired with it? I guess the entire world is doing it wrong then.
>>
>>8383994
Red wine is OK with lasagne, same with various pasta dishes, depending on the composition. However, you'd never serve red wine with seafood pasta (by this I mean seafood ravioli, but also pasta with marinara), for example.

You should serve salad either before the meal or after the meal. If before, then you serve the aperitif before the salad, along with appetizers (optional), then the salad, then wine with the meal. If after, you can serve the wine earlier (e.g. in lieu of the aperitif, with or without appetizers, etc.) and you wait for the guests to finish the wine during the meal before serving the salad. You should virtually never serve salad alongside the rest of the meal, though.
>>
>>8383298
>Anon, the rice is kind of mushy now, why do you like mushy overcooked rice?"

Anon leave them now
>>
>>8383994
Obviously it needs to have red juices when you cut the meat in the plate, but not when you get the meat out of the pan, for instance. Otherwise you fucked up. Either you cooked it too fast and it's still blue but with a burnt exterior, or you pierced it during cooking, or what have you.
>>
>>8383659
Fuck off grandpa. Just die already so we can get on with our lives.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.