/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Methods on saving cash for food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gluten-free-eating.gif (586KB, 425x246px) Image search: [Google]
gluten-free-eating.gif
586KB, 425x246px
Please give your tips as well.
My methods are unorthodox but hear me out. Depending on your schedule if its doable get a job as a dishwasher pt. Eat free and also steal anything that isnt nailed down.small time. Food. Silverware. kitchen utensils. Also dumpster dive. Free download of a book is online you should read. The art and science of dumpster diving. Check it out. Also go to churchs and food banks. Why pay any money for food if you dont have to
>>
>>8382557
I've done some dumpster diving as a hobby, not out of necessity, and it's amazing how much excellent food you can find. Fresh vegetables, canned goods, day old bread, even meat that was one day past expiration. Also, you'll routinely find pawnable items. Yeah, you can live pretty well out of dumpsters if you're smart about it.
>>
get a job and don't worry about it because you don't have to
>>
>saving cash for food
Buy food first
>>
Well, if you can get someone to take you to Sam's or Costco, you can buy a 50 lb. bag of rice. I got one once for $12.68 after tax. You can definitely get one for less than $20. Once a week I'd buy some meat and eggs, a large bag of frozen mixed vegetables, several boxes of muesli, and a gallon of milk. Lots of stir fry and cereal.
>>
>>8382557
Fucking rogue dishwasher I love it
>>
>>8382557
My two goto recipes when im broke is:

1)Homemade chili (yes, with beans) made with whatever the cheapest meat on sale at the store is (e.g. routinely can find sausage that's about to expire for $1.00/lb or some shitty cut of steak for $1.50/lb), with whatever fresh produce is on sale that week, and extended with rice.

10 bucks in food will give me about 6 days of chili eating twice a day at about 1700 calories.

2)Other recipe is Chicken Thigh + rice + whatever veggies are on sale
>>
buy only whole chickens.
roast chicken
cut up chicken
eat chicken
put bones in pot make stock
add leftover white meat/carrots to stock and have soup.

learn to bake bread. since you don't work you should only need flour, water and salt. Use your time to make a sourdough starter.

learn to cook egg dishes. quiche, fritatas, custards

focus on have a stocked pantry, condiments and sauces make things better, but also know how to make quick stocks with only water and pan juices:

deglaze pan with water
reduce
add veg scraps (finely diced)
add more water
reduce
strain
add a bit more water and salt.
reduce to desired thickness.
>>
become a vegetarian. You'll save money and both the planet's and your own health.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.