[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mate Making Tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: mate.jpg (16KB, 225x320px) Image search: [Google]
mate.jpg
16KB, 225x320px
So I've been traveling around Argentina for the last couple of weeks and one of my favorite things has to be Mate, I might replace coffee altogether. Thing is, I'm not very good at preparing the whole thing. Can someone from the Souther Cone give me a few tips?
tl;dr: How do I make a good mate?
>>
you blow him regularly
>>
File: temperatura.png (33KB, 705x529px) Image search: [Google]
temperatura.png
33KB, 705x529px
>Drinking mate
>In this heat
Why not just drink tereré?
>>
>>8382569
It's too sweet
>>
>>8382569
>he doesn't know mate regulates your body temperature
There's a reason Argentinians drink it at the beach
>>
>>8382551
do not use boiling water for it
and opt for green/unroasted
>>
>>8382569
Sólo los degenerados toman mate frío
>>8382551
Alright, first the water must not be at rolling boil because ir burns the yerba. Fill the mate with 2/3-3/4 its capacity with yerba. Tilt the mate on one side and add cold water on the empty side. Once the water is ready add a litlle splash on the "wet"side of the mate, thats where you put the bombilla after letting it sit for a minute.
Start drinking, once the yerba "washes off" change the bombilla to the next position like a clock. Enjoy!
t. Uruguayan
>>
>>8382551
So, what the fuck is mate, and what's with the gay cup?

Some sort of mild stimulant I assume.
>>
Oh, and one more tío

STOP DRINKING MATE FUCKING GRINGOS YOU'RE DRIVING UP THE PRICES OF YERBA ITS NOT YOUr FUKKIN MEME DRINK RR3EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
>>
American but here's how I make it.

Mix with cold water first until it is saturated. Spit out the first cup full because it's full of particles. Add increasingly hot water to the mate after each cup full you drink. If you use hot hot water first it extracts all the flavor too fast making it bitter and you don't get as much to drink.

Making mate with cold lemonade is nice in the summer.
>>
>>8382731
What the fucking else are you going to export you fucking huehue?
>>
>>8382558
Don't even need to do it regularly. I blew a guy once, and he's been a good mate ever since.
>>
>>8382781
Not hue. Only south brazilians drink mate and it's with shitty green glowing yerbas
>>
>>8382569
>PARAGUAYAN
REEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT OF MY BOARD

mentira, te quiero
>>
>listen to people and don't talk over them
>commit to your mate and stand by them
>show small acts of thankfulness aka "little things"
>give criticism but don't berate them
>>
>>8382722
>moving the bombilla
fucking degenerate province
artigas was a mistake
>>
>>8382551
You have to eat all the eggs.
>>
>>8382765
you remove the particles by filling the cup with the yerba, placing a wet tissue or handkerchief on the mouth and shaking it
the particles and dust fly around and stick to the wet surface and you don't need to be spitting
also, you don't fill the first cup with cold water, just barely enough to make the yerba a bit wet so when you pour the hot water it doesn't burn out
finally, the water must be around 80-85º C tops
any higher will burn the yerba and wash it out
t. Argie
>>
>>8382728
the cup are actual mate plant fruits (or pumpkins) which have been emptied and left to dry
it's the traditional way to drink the mate, but you can use regular cups just fine
the drink itself can be considered a very concentrated form of tea with mild stimulating properties, but it's mostly an acquired taste and cultural thing, unless you're an american hipster bandwagoning shit brown people do
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.