[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pic unrelated, but how do I start cooking, do I go out and buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1456733917073.png (72KB, 1024x776px) Image search: [Google]
1456733917073.png
72KB, 1024x776px
pic unrelated, but how do I start cooking, do I go out and buy my own pans and shit? How did you guys start to cook?
>>
>>8381775
Start with research. I recommend Jaques Pepin for learning techniques, there are a lot of his videos on youtube.
>>
>>8381782
Whenever I look at youtube videos about cooking their kitchens are all pimped out to the absolute surpreme with 600 different knives and that, I'll check the channel obv but what would be like the bare materials needed to start cooking

>inb4 my questions are answered in that channel

also where tf is your sticky /ck/
>>
>>8381775
PAN...NICE AND HOT
>>
>>8381787
Just look up Jacques Pepin cooking basics. That should get you what you need.
>>
>>8381787

Pic related is sticky.

How to start cooking? Buy a spatula. A big spoon. A cheap pan. And a cheap pot. And a kitchen knife. Now find something you would like to eat and make it. As you fail youlll learn

>I'ma gonna make an omelette

Eggs got burnt
>Less heat

It's hard to flip
>Grease pan

It heats unevenly
>Better pan

And so on in this manner
>>
File: 1459671010795.jpg (944KB, 1000x3400px) Image search: [Google]
1459671010795.jpg
944KB, 1000x3400px
>>8382136
>>
Get a knife, I really like Kiwi knives for how cheap and versatile they are.

Get a pan, a bowl, a spatula, and a cutting board. Quality in the pan can matter a bit, but as you're starting out you won't know what to look for, so don't worry about it. Getting a silicone spatula will help you not melt it. All of these items can often be found at second-hand stores.

Start cooking stuff, find cuisine you like, or a food blog, or a cookbook, and just go. Start simple, start easy, and work your way up.

At some point you may want to get things like measuring spoons, a steamer, a cheese grater, a baking dish, a hand blender, and/or a second pot/pan. What's useful to you will depend on what you cook, and you'll find that if you enjoy cooking, you'll slowly add to your arsenal.

Starting simple with throwing a potato in the oven (don't even need a pan, but you should poke a few holes in the skin with a fork) and then using your pan to sautee bacon/mushrooms as a topping is one thing I remember finding very easy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.