[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

easy xmas dessert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I want to make some kind of dessert to bring to family for Christmas dinner. I can make pies fine, and I always make the eggnog, but I was wanting something a little rarer, something most wouldn't bring. My mom used to make a Christmas wreath bread, but it's incredibly complicated. I can do it, but I want to be lazy. Do you have any recommendations?
>>
A nice pavlova would look festive and be delicious. You just make circles of merengue and layer them with freshly whipped vanilla/rum cream and seasonal fruit.

It looks so fancy and tastes great.
>>
>>8377089
That does sound good, but I was hoping for something more finger food-y, like bars or cookies. I forgot to specify.
>>
>>8377160
Hmm, my grandmother always makes Christmas jewel cookies. They're pecan shortbread with those red and green candied cherry and pineapple bits. They're like crack.

Raspberry dollies with coconut and a chocolate swirl are also good. Make a blondie base mixed with toasted coconut and almonds, spread raspberry jam when they're halfway done and put it back in with foil over the top so it doesn't burn. Sprinkle with more toasted almonds before the jam cools and drizzle it with chocolate. It's so good.
>>
File: img_0636.jpg (276KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
img_0636.jpg
276KB, 667x1000px
I'm making financiers, not too hard to make.
>>
>>8377160
baklava is pretty easy, idiot proof.
>>
>>8377267
I don't know, when I was just starting to make it I had issues with not using enough butter between layers, so the dough would crack badly while I was placing it. Also, awful globs of burned honey all over the pan, grasping at all of the lower layer of pastry to make an ugly mess.

I was able to trim it into respectability, but it was an unpleasant introduction to baklava making.
>>
Pan de pascua
>>
>>8377007
fudge is really easy if you have a decent recipe, just Google and pick one with lots of good reviews. I used to use my grandma's recipe but it was no better than minute fudge and a lot harder
>>
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7620/apple-bundt-cake/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.