[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain curry to a yank who has never had any.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

Explain curry to a yank who has never had any.
>>
p good
>>
Meat+gravy eaten with rice. Indians eat it with their hands. Sometimes spicy
>>
>>8375695
this is a surprisingly accurate yet simple description for an american
>>
>>8375682
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OGErpe8ahA

I make this recipe from time to time. Curry is kind of medicinal, kind of comfort food. Almost like chicken noodle soup in a way. But strongly aromatic. The closest thing we have spice-wise in America is probably chili.

Mexican food is better.
>>
>>8375711
>Mexican food is better
wrong
>>
>>8375682
Heavily spiced, rich, buttery and aromatic. Varying levels of heat, but always spicy in flavour.
>>
>>8375711
>>8375718
OP here, I grew up eating Mexican food, and I am relatively good at handling spice, but when most of those around me bring up curry, they tell me it gave them lava-like diarrhea. I can imagine the spices are more intense than what is found in Mexican food, but is this typical or just a stereotype?
>>
>>8375711
>Mexican food is better
nah desu
>>
>>8375695
>>8375701
Not always meat.

But basically can be vegetable gravy + rice is the main property. Usually couple different spices are used.

Incredible amount of variety given that India is a huge place. Literally 1000+ different curries easily
>>
>>8375727
You'll be fine. Your friends are weak.
>>
>>8375727
Maybe their bodies are not able to process Indian foods properly? Could be spices or chilli or others.

>>8375718
This guy is right. I've eaten mexican/indian/american/french/etc. Indian food is one of the richest (atleast as a vegetarian).
>>
>>8375682
>Explain curry
Smells and tastes like unwashed dirty socks and people who eat that crap stink to high heaven and does fuck nothing to them in terms of health benefits.
Just look at east indians, they eat this shit by the pounds each day and they still get sick and they die and they age fast,look at their faces, they look like shit and they stink very bad from eating that crap.
Ever rode a taxi with east indian curry junkie.
Fuck this stinky culinary invention.
>>
>>8375682
Meat or vegetables (or both) in a gravy-like sauce (or lightly sauced), made from different combinations of spices and liquids, usually served with rice or flatbread, and condiments called chutneys. Delicious, some are very spicy, some are mildly spicy, some are creamy and mild.
>>
You know that thick kind of diarrhea that really burns your butthole?
>>
its really good but usually makes me shit worse than taco bell. basically its what i eat when i really just want my asshole to hurt for a day or two
>>
I hate when east coast fags call any type of sauce "gravy", fucking worthless.
>>
>>8375756
>i eat when i really just want my asshole to hurt for a day or two
Are you fucking gay or what? Fuk what a massive pervert
>>
>>8375695
>Indians eat it with their hands.

Indians are also uncultured swine. That's nothing new.
>>
I've been eating curry for 20 years and only experienced explosive shits from horrible cheap take-away places

Never once had it from curry cooked at home

So basically same experience as any other food, only explosive shits from horrible cheap take-away places

I don't understand this "curry gives you the shits" meme

Is it cause all these cunts only ever eat shit cheap take-away curry
>>
>>8375682
Thick, spiced stew.

The sauce is usually based on a sort of vegetable stock with lots of onion and tomato, with ginger and garlic. The main spices are coriander, cumin, cardamom, pepper, cloves, cinnamon and bay. The oil used is ghee, which is clarified butter.

It's very rich and fantastic after a few drinks. I suspect the shits people get are just because it's quite fatty and they're not used to having a large amount of vegetable matter and beer bubbling away.
>>
>>8375786
I got shits just by reading about it. Fuck this delicacy
>>
>>8375786
>it's quite fatty
Fatty/rich in flavor/thickness.

I only eat Indian food once or twice a month, cause even though its super delicious, eating daily would make me fat fast(I've tried eating 2 a week and it was making me gain weight).
>>
>>8375682
It's a stew with Indian spices in.
>>
>>8375769
>Ranjeep said, satisfied with his harsh takedown of the Canadian poster. However, due to his diet of grease and spices, he had to shit for the 11th time this day. He quickly ran to his favorite window (his only window) in his 10x7 foot apartment in Bangalangalololololoarashabad, stood on a plastic crate he found floating in the river, and shoved his rear end out the window.

Hardly before his sequined pink pants cleared the way, his hairless cheeks parted and jettisoned the leftovers of his mothers saag paneer out onto the street, scalding a 45lb starving 14 year old urchin and desecrating a statue of an effeminate man with a lion face and 8 arms. Ranjeep sighed, and wiped the excess feces from his anus and cleaned his hand with a quick wipe on the inside of the window pane. "Good enough", he thought. Little did he know, the thread he replied to was quickly filling with comments…
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>8375816
>>
>>8375758
Indians call them gravies in their translations as well

>>8375769
they don't strictly speaking use their hands on the curry, they have chappati breads to pick the curry up with
mainly a north India thing, too
>>
File: IMG_1077.jpg (64KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.jpg
64KB, 600x375px
>>8375816
Better to shit in the street than shart in the mart.
It's hard to believe Americans are a tier below Indians.
>>
>>8375839
they just ate curry I bet you, fucking gross american pigs.
how come Walmart is allowing them to remain in the store, it's health hazard for fucks sake
>>
>>8375859
It's a widespread problem. If they threw them out they'd have no customers.
>>
>>8375839
Hush Pajeet,

This behavior in America is ridiculed by 99.999% of Americans and only 0.00001% do it....

In India/Shitistan, 99.999% of people happily shit in the street, wipe their ass with their hand, then "clean" it by smearing it on a wall
>>
>>8376054
>wipe their ass with their hand, then "clean" it by smearing it on a wall
on the Taj Mahal wall?
>>
>>8376054
Nice stats but they do not tally with my experience of the average American shopper.
Especially in Walmart.
>>
>>8375682
if you ever wanted to shoot flames out your ass, curry is the most delicious way to do it.

but >>8375777 is also correct too. cheap indian food will give you the shits. but when I make homemade curry, or when I go to the one nice indian place in town, I never seem to get curry shits no matter how spicy the food is.
>>
man now I'm really hungry for curry. I would even eat cheap takeout and risk thermonuclear shits for it at this point. I'd make it myself but my wok cracked because it's cheap.

one day I will be desensitized enough to browse this board without getting hungry.
>>
>>8376093
You're the dumbass shopping at Walmart staring at people.
>>
>>8376111
who the fuck makes curry in a wok?
>>
>>8376189
>what is balti?
>>
>>8375769
>Indians are also uncultured swine.

More culture than Amerifats.
>>
>>8376189

Indians.

Though your point stands, you can cook curry in just about any sort of a vessel.
>>
File: ranchi-hospital-759.jpg (42KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
ranchi-hospital-759.jpg
42KB, 759x422px
>>8375833
Coincidentally, northern India is considered cultured - the home of higher castes, "whiter" Indians, more wealth and Bollywood.

The more south you go, the more disgusting it becomes.
>>
>>8375682
Great food that 90% of people you meet cant cook properly.
>>
Meat and vegetables with lots of spices
>>
If curry is blindingly hot its probably an english creation.
>>
>>8375742
t. whitey white butt boy mad because delicate boyhole is more adept to service bbc than enjoy delicious curry
>>
File: kadai.jpg (6KB, 249x300px) Image search: [Google]
kadai.jpg
6KB, 249x300px
>>8376189
It's not called a wok, it's called a Kadai, but it's the same concept as a wok.
>>
File: baby.png (107KB, 188x198px) Image search: [Google]
baby.png
107KB, 188x198px
>>8375814
>stew
>STEW
>>
>>8376207
You have to go back, Pajeet.
>>
>>8377205

Whats the difference between americans and cheese?

>if you leave the cheese for 200 years it grows a culture.
>>
>>8377208
kek. Because it's true.

t. Amerifat
>>
>>8375727
That's not a spice issue, it's a hygiene issue.
>>
>>8377208
I wasn't aware letting muslims fuck your wife was considered culture
>>
>>8377315

>implying implications

Calm down billy-bob. have a Budd light and shoot something.
>>
>>8377322
not him but fuck you drinking beer and shooting guns is fun
>>
>>8377325

>buddweiser
>beer

Oh you do make me chortle so.
>>
>>8377315
t. dreams of having even an animu wife one day.
>>
>>8377328
On making beer on that big of a scale it is very difficult to have a solid cinsistent flavor. bud heavys are pretty solid all day drinking beers I'm not gonna drink Ipa s all day in the hot sun. Fuck that I'm grabbing a bud or pbr most likely
>>
It's dank af and wicked aromatic. I prefer thai Currys with coconut milk. My favorite is probably the massaman curry which is their take on sand nigger food
>>
>>8376287
>The more south you go, the more disgusting it becomes.

That's just like America
>>
>>8377368
If the purpose is to drink heavily all day, yeah... Bud, Coors, even Canadian. Provided I have good company, lots of activity (shooting things, cooking things, playing music), good food, and 12h give or take, I can crush a 24 to myself.

That's like a once a year thing. The rest of the year it'll be new beers, homebrews, "real" pilsners/lagers, bitters, stouts, local whatevers, maybe some interspersed servings of liquor or the odd girly drink one of my friends thinks it'll be funny to buy me.

It's not that I hate American "Pilsner", it's that it's TOO clean. I drink everything else because I like it. I drink Bud to get fucked up.

Why the hell are we talking about this in a curry thread?

Kingfisher and chicken tikka - enjoy.
>>
>>8377388
> the more US south, the more disgusting

True. I challenge anyone with an open mind to come down here and decide for themsevles, if you can avoid being shot.
>>
>>8375711
>onion puree
was looking like baby food part of the plan?
>>
>>8375711
The gentle curry mumblings of the narrator are tripping me out.
>>
Friendly reminder that if you think rice is an integral part of curry you're doing it wrong.
Naan is the only way.
>>
>>8376874
kadai ghost
>>
>>8375816
i love this pasta wish i had saved the pic
>>
File: tumblr_ocqba00duF1tkevc8o1_1280.png (1MB, 802x1036px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocqba00duF1tkevc8o1_1280.png
1MB, 802x1036px
poo in loo amirite guise
>>
>>8375727
This is only because the majority of North Americans eat like garbage and get maybe two servings of vegetables a day
Their bodies are completely unaccustomed to fibre.

Curry is heavy on the vegetables so it's heavy on fibre. So fatass and unhealthy Americans eat some curry and end up eating more servings of vegetables than they're used to, meaning they get a blast of fibre. When you get blasted with fibre you shit like crazy unless your body is accustomed to it.

So anyone who cries about diarrhea after Taco Bell/Indian food/ethnic food in general they're really just revealing how fucking awful their digestive systems and diets are.
>>
>>8377400
>Why the hell are we talking about this in a curry thread?
Curry after a bevvy session is a classic.
>>
>>8375682
I'm making some butter chicken curry now atm. Nice to see a curry thread on /ck/ after I got done throwing it into the crockpot.
>>
>>8375682
Was gonna order some curry but they changed the minimum for delivery from $15 to $25 so fuck em
>>
>>8375682
Do they eat all of the gravy in those bowls? Looks like way too much sauce
>>
File: 23.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 20160918_202744.jpg (2MB, 2241x3984px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_202744.jpg
2MB, 2241x3984px
It is fairly good stuff if you make it yourself, if you dont however it is nearly always terrible as most of the ingredients are expensive enough that people either dont add them or add a small amount and call it good.
>>
File: 03000ea8.jpg (277KB, 1920x1434px) Image search: [Google]
03000ea8.jpg
277KB, 1920x1434px
>>8375756
>>
>>8379308
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT7W9oJP6BI
>>
Indian food is great. Just do not eat every time. Its full of oil and a lot of heavy cream. Plus, it is spicy. If you are bulking up and lifting weights, curry with rice/naan will get you gainz fast. Anyways, curry tastes really good. Go to an authentic indian place and order their curry with naan. SOOO GOOD!
>>
>>8376208
>Though your point stands, you can cook curry in just about any sort of a vessel.

Show's how fucking stupid /ck/ is.....I took your advice and tried cooking it in a used milk jug and the fucker caught on fire
>>
>>8379574
kek
>>
>>8379287
>WITH

I fix.

Cheers!
>>
>>8376207
Yeah there's a lot of culture growing under their infected fingernails for sure
>>
Easy curry recipe:

Grind 6-8 cloves of garlic, one onion, as little / much fresh chilli peppers and one and a half inches of ginger to a paste.

Chop two onions and fry in plenty of sunflower oil until brown /caramelised. Add paste, fry for a bit. Add one teaspoon of ground cumin, two teaspoons of ground coriander seed, one teaspoon of turmeric and sweet paprika each. Mix well. Add meat, fry for a bit, and one can of chopped tomatoes. Add some more water and let it simmer until the meat is done.

You can also marinate your meat beforehand if you're so inclined.

You can also add whichever veggies you like (bell peppers, fresh tomato, cauliflower, mushrooms, etc.), and top it with cilantro / coriander leaf before serving.

Goes well with a naan, roti, or basmati rice.

Recipe /base is from my friend who is punjabi.
>>
File: 2rMHN1L.jpg (58KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
2rMHN1L.jpg
58KB, 600x656px
>>8379349

Paint huffers will never not be funny.
>>
>>8376287
Wrong. Bollywood is set in Bombay which is central though the language is Hindi from the north. The high castes are distributed equally in the north and south. The stereotype is of the uncultured north and the weird south. No one thinks the south is uncultured even if they hate it. The fairer skin thing is true of course as with any non African tropical country, the further you go from the equator the whiter the people look.

The state with the highest hdi and tourism is the southern tip of India, Kerala (great to visit but wouldn't live there cause it's a communist hellhole that's been islamifying)

Food wise Punjabi and awadhi of the north and konkani and malabari of the south are equally good imo and I wouldn't write off any regional cuisine of India even if I don't like the people of that region (except maybe Gujaratis, fuck putting sugar in dal)
>>
>>8377532

Pussy faggot
>>
>>8375682
corriander

usually some cumin

sometimes it has other spices

runny/thick

lentils/lamb/chicken/beef/whatever protein

put it on some starchy stuff like rice, nan bread, potatos, whatever.
>>
>>8375727
Have an Indian roommate. He doesn't eat curry all the time, but plenty of his cooking methods involve the same liquid/saucy spicy technique. I can hear his shits from my room. They sound liquidy.
>>
>>8375742
It's the cumin. That shit stinks up everything. They probably use too much of it.

>captcha: images that look romantic
>wtf, food looks romantic though...
>>
>>8375682
indian stew
>>
>>8380707

Post the /pol/ screencap of the Indian dude explaining how many shits he and his father have had in a week.
>>
>>8375839
>he's never gone to walmart to shit his pants, take them off in the change room, replace with clean clothes from walmart, and walk out leaving your stinky shitty clothes in the kids section

I literally don't go to walmart for anything else.
>>
>>8378810
It depends how thick. Some curry's are runny and would be shit on naan bread.
>>
>>8379719
Can confirm. Living with an Indian, who also happens to be a punjab (I guess Canada is filled with them or something). He grinds that shit up every day and frys onins in oil, stinking up the entire house to the point where my eyes are watering in my room, across the house from the kitchen. He shits liquid too. I wouldn't recommend his diet.
>>
>>8380753

As an englishman in southern UK (i.e near all the seaports) certain public travel serives after all these years are still known as the curry express due to the large quantity of indians using said services early in the morning. Actually while not being in London the area I live in has quite a diverse population with a notable bangladeshi community that nobody knows about unless you go looking.

Does mean i've had some wicked bangladeshi cuisine from street vendors on market day. Does remind me to go down to a few local ethic cafes and whatnot to try the food jsut cos. There is a turkish place nearby that has good reviews and sounds tasty but I just need to pluck up the courage to go to now that I have the disposable income.
>>
I love curries, both Indian & thai.

If you are even slightly adventurous you should try and Indian buffet and see what you think. Many serve fresh Naan with the meal and are easily worth the $10. Any major US city will have some decent Indian restaurants
>>
>>8375682
I make this once a week and im a blue collar white dude. Its very easy to make. Play the video.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/212721/indian-chicken-curry-murgh-kari/?src=VD_Summary
>>
>>8381016
Oh yeah, I throw in 3-4 jalapenos and a couple serrano peppers and more cayenne. That recipe isnt spicy at all.
>>
The reason most Indian shitskins smell like shit. Seriously, go to any place that has a lot of indians and while it's raining. It smells like dead bodies.
>>
>>8381026
There's a small opening in the barbed wire of your containment board, /pol/tard. Hurry back. Your butt buddies miss you.
>>
>>8381026

Compared to what, the smell fof taco bell and McDonalds?

>wholesome american shart in the mart
>>
>>8381026
I've noticed this. Just assumed like other brown people that they didn't bathe.
>>8381132
Meanwhile this faggot cuck can go back to plebbit. It's a real issue.
>>
>>8375682
Curry is simply a gravy / sauce. Period.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.