[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEEF STEW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: beef stew.jpg (178KB, 1007x545px) Image search: [Google]
beef stew.jpg
178KB, 1007x545px
So, potato chunks or potato slices?

How do you do it?
>>
oh man slices would be good
>>
>>8374556
I have a ghanian neighbor and her beef stew is fucking amazing. Very tomato-y
>>
>>8374556
was actually thinking about making some beef stew today. what's everyone's favorite recipe?
>>
>>8374576
Mostly about the braised beef, then incorporating it back into some veg.

Winter is stew season.
>>
>>8374556

Diced, of course. Do you think I'm a barbarian?
>>
>>8374567
Slices are how I go

But you have to keep the skin

God damn I love the skin
>>
>>8374556
Chunks, because potato shape and size matters in almost any application.
Slices are really likely to fall apart and possibly overcook, you'll have mash in the gravy, little bits and pieces, and strips of skin floating around free.
I could see it working if you add the potatoes at the end and are very careful about cook time, but equal sized chunks is the better technique.
>>
>>8374556
large chunks you stupid fuck

jesus fucking christ
>>
Neither, serve it over mashed potato.
>>
>>8374619
>The gritty mush of potato, meat, and seasoning at the bottom of the part

>Not the best part

Geeeeeeet out of here you fucking philistine
>>
>>8374556
Is this a good recipe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOIHZpKyzMs
>>
>>8374604

This.

I don't understand peeled carrots or potatoes. The skin is at worst non-detectable and at best it can be delicious.
>>
>>8374981

Looks alright.

I prefer mine a bit more stewey and not a fan of oxtail.
>>
>>8374981
outta luck if you don't got a casserole pot or any oxtail

>tfw work at a butchery but literally all of the oxtail we work through is already promised to a customer
>>
>>8374619
>you'll have mash in the gravy, little bits and pieces, and strips of skin floating around free.

...are you using fucking russets?
>>
>>8375040
Hey, don't bag on russets. They're great in slices if you add at the end and cook through.
>>
Stew + side of twice baked potato.
Potatoes do not belong in a beef stew. They should be a side.
>>
File: 0.jpg (21KB, 385x289px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
21KB, 385x289px
I like the slices
>>
>>8374556
Usually chunks. As much as a quarter of a potato depending on what's going down and how big the taters are.
>>
>>8374934
interdasting
>>
>>8374576
big old chunk of beef
2 cans tomato paste
BIG BOY carrots and cut dem niggas up thicc
>>8374556
potatoes, cut into CHUNKS

dump that into the crockpot and fill with beef stock to desired level.

low for 7 hours
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.