[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked up a pretty nice NY strip roast on sale, now trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: brst_tploin_z[1].jpg (19KB, 330x236px) Image search: [Google]
brst_tploin_z[1].jpg
19KB, 330x236px
Picked up a pretty nice NY strip roast on sale, now trying to decide what I want to do with it. Never worked with this particular cut before, so I figured I'd ask what you guys like to do with it. I know I could always just cut it up into steaks, but if possible I wanted to try something different.

tl;dr: Say you've got ~4.5lbs. of NY strip in roast form, what do?
>>
>>8373200
dry rub that shit with coffee, salt and pepper
>>
>>8373229
>coffee

Cool meme Ahkmed. Wanna bring it to the white house?
>>
File: ATST.jpg (723KB, 1920x3072px) Image search: [Google]
ATST.jpg
723KB, 1920x3072px
>>8373234
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/new-york-strip-steak-with-spicy-coffee-rub-recipe.html

Suck my dick, faggot.
>>
>>8373200
Boil or fry it.
>>
>>8373270
>Boil or fry it.
Just boil it with a shitload of Bay Leaves and some really sweet red wine
>>
>>8373241
Make sure to cover it in bacon, avocados, srichia and aioli you maymay faggot

>Suck my dick, faggot.

say that to my face, bitch
>>
File: 1465264869170.jpg (7KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1465264869170.jpg
7KB, 252x252px
>>8373200
420 Braise It
>>
>>8373234
Cut half into steaks and put in fridge for later, probably get three out of two pounds

Use other half as roast, cover with salt and pepper or premixed seasoning , sear on mad high in cast iron preferably with oil garlic and spices in pan, probably whatever fresh herbs you get like rosemary and thyme and also, well with some whole mushrooms and carrot slices maybe some large chunks of bell pepper and some onion and celery for flavour and deglaze with red wine

Make potatoes on side ahead of time cuz roast will cook faster

Throw in 350 oven until roast is rare to med rare, won't take long if it's only 2lb

Pull and cover when internal temp is where you want it and meanwhile reduce the pan drippings and use flour or corn starch and make gravy

Serve with the veggies and potatoes and gravy

Should serve two

Reason I say make steaks out of half is I don't like left over roasts unless you plan to eat 4lb
>>
>>8373337
So what's the reason why you type in fragmented sentences instead of paragraphs? Got brain problems?
>>
>>8373337
Feeding 4 people, guess I should have mentioned that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.