[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whole pig inna grill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hello /ck/
holidays are coming and I'm thinking about making some grilled animals...

do you have any experience or tips related to cooking a whole pig in a weber-type grill?

normally I'd use a brick and mortar type of grill, but I'll probably be cooking in a friends house and he only has one of those round weber grills (coal, not propane)
since I've never used one of those and I'll be cooking for several friends and acquaitances I don't want to screw it up

I'm also considering a small goat, but the main issue here is how to proceed with this weber thing

tl;dr: how would you cook a small suckling/goat in a weber coal grill?
>>
That looks fucking hilarious. I grilled a whole goat leg with the hoof on for a halloween party one time. It was kind of a joke but it all got eaten shredded on sandwiches.
>>
File: 544fae4e867d2_master-touch.png (55KB, 333x310px) Image search: [Google]
544fae4e867d2_master-touch.png
55KB, 333x310px
bumping with a grill for reference
>>
>>8373389
Too small for a whole animal
Maybe for 1-2 lamb shanks
The big weber grill has a zone without coal in the middle, with a water bassin to catch the dropping fat, so the heat is indirect

About 2 hours cooking time
>>
It would probably be better to butcher it into manageable chunks.
>>
>>8373456
you're no fun anymore.
>>
>>8373447
>>8373456

I see... I'll try quartering it or maybe just doing the bottom half

any prep tips? brining, marinades, the like
>>
>>8373186
you can do lots of smaller animals, rabbit, many birds, but i wouldn't recommend trying to cook anything larger than a pork shoulder on a weber kettle.
>>
>>8373553

I know, I'm probably better off doing a couple of roasted chickens or something like that

fuck those weber things
>>
>>8373186
This kind of grill will dry it the fuck out.
Also you can't fit a real pig in it.

A better way would be to roast the entire animal on a rotating grill.
>>
>>8373720
they aren't all bad. just not the best for smoking. if the one you'd be using is like the one pictured, i'd be willing to bed you could do ribs, shoulder, whole turkey, whole chickens and similar.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.